Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Lions v GWS Sat Aug 10th 1:45pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • GWs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is GWS’s accuracy going to be sustainable in finals?

Are they going to win consistent finals kicking 5 behinds a game like they’ve done in a number of games recently?
Did they win?

Turning a 30 point deficit into an 18 point win is about a lot more than just luck, but yeah you shouldn't have left the door ajar for them.
30 point deficit was wiped 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Wasn't exactly some kind of epic comeback.

Giants played some amazing patches of football but we had their measure all day but couldn't finish some of the easiest set shots.

30 point deficit was wiped 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Wasn't exactly some kind of epic comeback.

Giants played some amazing patches of football but we had their measure all day but couldn't finish some of the easiest set shots.
So basically nothing I said was wrong then. It's not "luck" to enact a 48 point turnaround, and you shouldn't have left the door open for them to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbanes kicking for goal cost them this game, but it’s a credit to gws pressure.

I hope gws win the flag if Brisbane can’t. This game is a good test for both teams hoping to be at the pointy end.

+6 inside 50's
+16 hitouts
+2 clearances
+17 contested possessions
-13 turnovers
+26 marks
24 scoring shots to 17

Not every day you lose when dominated the majority of the game, incredibly deflating.

I don't understand the bookmaker odds.

Brisbane odds on favorite, Bulldogs getting all the love. Port literallky destroyed Sydney and being ignored.

I don't get it either.
Giants were that devastated after last years prelim loss where they seemingly had it in the bag. Not only have they alleviated the reliance on a couple of stars (notably Greene), they've found players so their depth is terrific.

No Kelly or Coniglio for long periods of the season and they still getting it done. Briggs another big omission today but it's their system which is working. No different to why they are consistent in finals.

Could have..should have…would have..may have…but in the end Giants won away in a ground they lost 4 consecutive games in against the Premiership favourites who were on a 9 consecutive game winning streak

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Lions v GWS Sat Aug 10th 1:45pm AEST (Gabba)

Back