AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope they don't but I bet they will use yellow balls from the start of the game as the AFL don't allow changing from red to yellow halfway through a game.
I hope they use yellow balls as red balls are crap to see anytime they are in shade, even under a pack of players in bright sunlight. Yellow balls in all matches FTW.

hopefully we won't use [the scoreboard] after the first game as it really is pointless using it.
Hopefully they do for the historical aspect. It'll be on TV for every scoring shot to the northern end.

I wish that at the start of the project that the scoreboard had been moved to Adelaide oval no.2 so that the Eastern stand could have been extended to where the scoreboard finishes now. This would raise capacity to about 58,000 and also allow us and Port to grow/expand our member numbers, as I can see maybe next year us having to start a waiting list for new members as there willebe no seats for them and port may have start one in a few years too.
I wish people would bloody leave the scoreboard alone. At least put it somewhere it will fit in, which it wont on No. 2 or at Thebby. But in all seriousness, once the excitement over the venue dies down it'll be 40-45,000 max crowds except Showdowns and finals, so we won't need a 58, 60, or 65 thousand seat venue.

Just wanted to thank Moonwatcher AFC3000 and a few others about assisting me in going to the game on Saturday.

At first I was really excited, then injuries followed, then the result of the Cats game really disappointed me. However, I am really looking forward to it again now, I have very low expectations. Port should be strong overwhelming favourites against a team ravaged by injuries, all I ask for the Crows is to put in a competitive and strong effort for 4 quarters and I will be really happy.

Do I think we are a chance? Well if our A grade players can perform the way the Cats A grade players did, yes I give us a chance.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank Moonwatcher AFC3000 and a few others about assisting me in going to the game on Saturday.

At first I was really excited, then injuries followed, the the result of the Cats game really disappointed me. However, I am really looking forward to it again now, I have very low expectations. Port should be strong overwhelming favourites against a team ravaged by injuries, all I ask for the Crows is to put in a competitive and strong effort for 4 quarters and I will be really happy.

Do I think we are a chance? Well if our A grade players can perform the way the Cats A grade players did, yes I give us a chance.:thumbsu:

Really looking forward to this now. I am heading over tomorrow and taking in the SANFL game with some mates who didn't get Showdown tickets so I will get my first glance of the completed oval on the way to Norlunga on the train.

Really don't know what to expect. Our pre-season form was good. How good were Geelong, how bad are Carlton and how will we match up against Port are still unknowns, our experienced ins make me feel a little more hopeful.

Look I want us to win and I want us to win by heaps but I'd also like to see a good exciting game of football at Adelaide Oval.

Last edited:

At first I was really excited, then injuries followed, then the result of the Cats game really disappointed me. However, I am really looking forward to it again now, I have very low expectations. Port should be strong overwhelming favourites against a team ravaged by injuries, all I ask for the Crows is to put in a competitive and strong effort for 4 quarters and I will be really happy.

Couldn't agree more. We probably shouldn't win based on injuries and form but the amount of times we shouldn't have lost a showdown is too many to count in recent memory! Maybe the tables will turn on Saturday...
Maybe Sloaney will be extra fired up seeing he didn't play in the last showdown!

Most of those would be whipping boys :p

Sssshhh I am saying our team is shit we cant win, I want egg all over my face please. :p

Its a fascinating how this may play out, is Geelong still that good and the fact that we led in the 4th quarter a good effort with everything considering?

Is Carlton that shit, that the Power struggled to put them away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear anyone saying in Victoria when they upgraded the mcg saying we dont need it that big as it will only get filled to 100,000 3 or 4 times a year
They get 100,000 like once a year. They get 70,000+ at the MCG a good number of times a year. Equivalent here is just under 40,000. SOME spare seats are good as it gives a little room to move but also makes it enticing for others. If it's totally packed every time people don't bother trying to go. Pattersons is chockas 95% of the time and that's not great, it needs to be a bit bigger.

So I went to a function last night; holy shit, it's going to be amazing.

I went to 3 days of the Test and the ODI, and I still feel like a kid on Christmas morning everytime I walk into that oval.

It doesn't feel like Adelaide; it's like something this awesome doesn't make sense being in our City.

And when we finally get a night game... It's going to be beautiful.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back