AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great atmosphere all around at AO today. Technically only the ground level of the Riverbank stand was open, but anyone willing to walk past a cordon like it ain't no thing could basically get anywhere. All the workmen and officials were far too busy to notice you're there.

Treated myself to a pretty comprehensive self guided tour.
Just went there then for work - AMazing.
Standing at the fence behind goals, it feels like the East stand is on top of you. Can twait for those games where crowd is going nuts in the final qtrs - will be deafening...go you crows.

Just went there then for work - AMazing.
Standing at the fence behind goals, it feels like the East stand is on top of you. Can twait for those games where crowd is going nuts in the final qtrs - will be deafening...go you crows.
It really feels Etihad-esque in that regard. You can still stand behind all the seats and have a decent view of the game too.

My only real contribution to that thread was:

"Well I guess the Govt could hand over $450 million even if the Crows stay at AAMI. But I doubt it.
Wouldn't put too much store in what Foley says on the sports show as he is a port man at heart and so would be loath to talk up the crows in any way
Will say one thing though, when it comes to finances, he is as hard as nails. This won't go ahead without the Crows...of course.
But its threrefore either an election sham (likely) or the deal can be done. Really the SACA will be a VERY junior party in this. They bring nothing to the table but one test match and two dwindinlg one dayers. Sanders just cant seem to retire even when he has...at leat twice. He is the new Farnham."​

Happy enough with that (other than the spelling). Went to the Press Club lunch today. Very much a non event. One thing was sure, Champman can't add up, and was not that impressive. Koch put on the back foot by a great question of where he draws the line on what he says on Sunrise. Irrelevant to the topic but he flumoxed for a while. Eventually talked about he and his wife disagreeing about Chappelle Corby. So yep, a non-event.

Chris Schacht asked a question, I think, after a long monologue about member representation, which Chapman didn't answer.

Chapman also said we had 5 non-negotiable going into AO, that were "mostly" satisfied. I don't think non-negotiable means what he thinks it does.

Funny moment when Rucci stole Koch's microphone rather than going to the back of the room to use the microphone supplied. He truly is a legend in his own lunchbox.

Couldn't contain my excitement anymore. Needed something to pass the time. Unfortunately, that included a drive past Adelaide Oval... FROM SELLICKS BEACH! Decided on going to the Payneham Tavern for poker. The excitement is killing me.

Also, the statue out the front looks pretty wicked. Twenty one hours to go!

After saying there will be wi-fi at the stadium, there is no wi-fi..
AFC were asked about it on twitter and said there's no wi-fi..

Adelaide Oval website also have a statement about being patient with phone connectivity and congestion due to a big crowd using data..
That slipped through quietly..

So KG will be the first and last to have their ashes scattered on the oval. Welcome to Bizarroland.

Couldn't contain my excitement anymore. Needed something to pass the time. Unfortunately, that included a drive past Adelaide Oval... FROM SELLICKS BEACH! Decided on going to the Payneham Tavern for poker. The excitement is killing me.

Also, the statue out the front looks pretty wicked. Twenty one hours to go!

Day off?

From what I have heard about Phone coverage, it is going to be that bad that we will lucky to make phone calls let alone be able to access the internet! The SMA are working with Telstra and have said they have improved it since the ASHES but I think for this season it will be as bad as Footy Park (when there were crowds of 35,000 plus no internet and 45,000 plus virtually impossible to make phone calls)

Yay! No checking of dream team scores then!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow, I'm going to play a game, it's called "Who paid for this oval, and who is on Centrelink?"

The latter group should all be stacked on the hill.
Wait.. I'm on the hill! :eek:

Tomorrow, I'm going to play a game, it's called "Who paid for this oval, and who is on Centrelink?"

The latter group should all be stacked on the hill.

Better game to play.

Who paid for their ticket vs did the government paid for their ticket.

Interesting that they still never finished that last bay of seats between the Western stand and the hill. The virtual venue shows a whole extra bay of seats where the access driveway is. I still fear that this will create an access issue in/out of that stand.

But - who cares - I can't wait to be there tomorrow!

Interesting that they still never finished that last bay of seats between the Western stand and the hill. The virtual venue shows a whole extra bay of seats where the access driveway is. I still fear that this will create an access issue in/out of that stand.

But - who cares - I can't wait to be there tomorrow!
I went there today, they had some temporary and quite dodgey metal steps attached from the ground area where they can drive onto the ground up to the members stand area..

I went there today, they had some temporary and quite dodgey metal steps attached from the ground area where they can drive onto the ground up to the members stand area..

Yeah they had those dodgy stairs during the cricket. They are hopeless and do nothing to help move people in and out of the area.

Prior to the rebuild, the driveway wasn't there and the ground sloped from the back of the stand up to the lower level of the members stand. I thought they only dug it out and made a driveway temporarily whilst the construction was going on so they could get the pitch lifter in. Assumed when they finished the access points in the South Eastern and South Western corners that it would be restored.

Ridiculous to have rickety temporary steps in a new state of the art stadium.

Geez sitting in the Eastern stand, the sun will hit you hard for a few games I imagine.

The fact that we spent that much money for an arse about East/West stand in this day and age is terrible to be honest.

The ground looks amazing, but they should have bulldozed the Western Stand and doubled the size. Only ground in the country where the stand looking into the sun is larger than the Eastern facing. The sun also doesn't pass over the ground, it arcs round which makes it tricky without a Northern stand for cover until they ultimately address that.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back