AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

So I went to a function last night; holy shit, it's going to be amazing.

I went to 3 days of the Test and the ODI, and I still feel like a kid on Christmas morning everytime I walk into that oval.

It doesn't feel like Adelaide; it's like something this awesome doesn't make sense being in our City.

And when we finally get a night game... It's going to be beautiful.
Thursday Night, Crows v Collingwood!

I was there from 6 until 8; in the Eastern State, and I will admit, the sun was a factor - if we're playing a lot of twilight games, it could be a genuine problem.
We only have two twilight games, so that should be a bonus, that the sun shouldn't effect too many of our games. I think Port has 4 or 5 twilight games though

Travelling over for the game now so I've had the pleasure of reading The Advertiser for the first time in a long time, anyway the reason we didn't go over the top decorating our race is because like most teams we will be putting up advertising on game days which will have to be removed when other things are on at the oval.

We will be covering Ports sponsor board thing but keeping the name on the race to avoid the negative press I assume.

Now since Port has painted theirs black, one of their colours I still think we should paint ours blue and put a name, not necessarily after a single person, and club logo up if Ports will be on show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it is a big ground by AFL standards?

What is it compared to Etihad?
I don't know for sure but think it's a touch narrower than Etihad about about the same length if not a bit longer.

Ground looks amazing btw. Couldn't go have a look at a lot of it because there are a bunch of functions being run. Tex was out there at training and looked in good nick. Hopefully it's not too long until we see him back!

ground-sizes.jpg

Adelaide Oval is 167 x 123*

So it puts us almost right on Spotless/Skoda whatever it is (164 x 123)

*According to Wikipedia.

Went down for a look, fitted in nice with my day actually.. What a place this is, with training going on and the game close it was just brilliant..

Tex looks amazing, it's got to be said.. Moving like he did before, quick on his feet, changing direction with ease..

Put through a couple of shots from just outside 50m that went through at near 3/4 post high, and those posts are big.. Had a lot of shots on goal and I barely saw him miss, if he did at all..

Adelaide Oval is 167 x 123*

So it puts us almost right on Spotless/Skoda whatever it is (164 x 123)

*According to Wikipedia.

Was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if someone did a comparative graph / table thing

top work Dirty.

Great atmosphere all around at AO today. Technically only the ground level of the Riverbank stand was open, but anyone willing to walk past a cordon like it ain't no thing could basically get anywhere. All the workmen and officials were far too busy to notice you're there.

Treated myself to a pretty comprehensive self guided tour.

If they go Blight they piss off Port fans.
If they go Ebert they piss of Crow fans.
If they go Farmer, they confuse the shit out of everyone under 50 as they'd go 'who?'.
Therefore, the only logical one is Robran.

Australia's greatest footballer ever.
Only one who's an AFL Legend.

All conventional wisdom says Robran will be the first.
And it's Robran
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2416/
br.jpg

Great atmosphere all around at AO today. Technically only the ground level of the Riverbank stand was open, but anyone willing to walk past a cordon like it ain't no thing could basically get anywhere. All the workmen and officials were far too busy to notice you're there.

Treated myself to a pretty comprehensive self guided tour.
I just tagged along with a tour. Went inside the old scoreboard, ground level of Eastern stands, most of the Western stands plus inside the cricket areas. We also walked past Tredrea who said Port would smash the Crows :p

We then visited the Riverbank stand; I went right to the top, came down the steps too fast and fell over backwards and broke my fall just in time to avoid whacking my head... so yeah be careful coming down those steep steps :oops:

But overall, very impressive - dare I say it, possibly the best footy stadium in the country :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back