AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

might be one you have to suck up i think. (i don't say that in a bad way either)

does appear that there are far fewer members seats at AO as opposed to FP, you may have to start getting to the ground earlier if you want a prime position, or a seat at all :)

whats the deal with the seats below the media centre? are they for hob-knobs only?
Agree - things are never perfect and a return to AAMI is a scary thought:eek:

All seating options have good and bad points, IMO you need to prioritise what is important to you.

If you like a good spot in the members you need to rock up 3 hours before the game, if you don't mind where you sit or even stand than rock up just before the game.

I went with a season ticket as now that we have been a few times (early) for a look around, we will get there just before bounce down. Much prefer a drink/something to eat in a nice pub close by than spend $9 for shit beer in a plastic cup and $5 for a cold pie.

What is important to me is great seats (reserved) that alllow me to get there on start time. I don't mind if there is someone obnoxious around me (most people would think I am the obnoxious one!!)

might be one you have to suck up i think. (i don't say that in a bad way either)

does appear that there are far fewer members seats at AO as opposed to FP, you may have to start getting to the ground earlier if you want a prime position, or a seat at all :)

whats the deal with the seats below the media centre? are they for hob-knobs only?
The top level is Club function reserve until half way back, then basically more members reserved seating behind that..

Seems there's a large amount of seating for Club function reserve, wouldn't have thought there would normally be that much.. And obviously it's pretty empty most of the time..

CROWS_westernstand.jpg

The Footy Park members held 18,000 whereas the Western Stands hold 14,000. In recent years the Footy Park members has not been sold out and even when adding AFL members from Victoria who have reciprocal rights plus guest passes it has never been completely full (lots of people with a seat next to them for their bag/cushion).

The combination of SMA "duel members", Essential Crows plus AFC "guests" has resulted in the Western area seats beening 95% filled and I expect the remaining 5% are watching from the bars or standing. Quite a lot of the older Footy Park members did not move to Adelaide Oval (hence reducing the average age in the members to 83.6 years of age ). If the weather is good and the Crows are winning then I expect the "members" to be close to capacity most weeks.

Also I think we gained the corporates who had boxes in the old wild west at footy park which eats into the 14k as does the SACA "guests".

I think the reserved srating area is larger than the original plan i remember seeing,

On Froggy's picture, Edwin Smith stand bay closest to the light tower three rows down from the top. Worked up a sweat taking two at a time with a drink in one hand and calamari and chip in the other. In the last quarter we came down to ground level and stood by the wall, amazing how much faster it looks at ground level. Sooo much closer to the action than FP.

I cannot believe how close you feel to the action. It's brilliant.

To borrow a Bruce-ism, that Thursday night Collingwood game is going to be something special.
I found my seats a little to far away also being so high up you lose perspective of some kicks, a few times I groaned thinking we had kicked it straight to the opposition only for it to sail over the top. Not complaining, it's just different to aami and will take a little bit of getting used to. Other than that it was awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only negative so far is the amount of leg room you have in the western stand. I'm in a wheelchair so it's not an issue for me, but people's knees were practically touching the seat in front in the row that I was in.

I'm sure it's better in the East/South stands and the Northern seating bowl.

But the view, closeness to the ground is amazing in the members stand. As a Wheelchair user, the amount of options I have now for seating is 100x better than Footy Park.

Haven't sat on level 1 yet but can imagine it'd feel like the SANFL, only with the atmosphere 10x bigger.

I cannot believe how close you feel to the action. It's brilliant.

To borrow a Bruce-ism, that Thursday night Collingwood game is going to be something special.

The Thursday night game against Collingwood is what we need. I have been to all Crows and Power games so far, I feel our home games are missing some atmosphere. I still think they need to do more pre game.

I am loving the new ground.

Only negative so far is the amount of leg room you have in the western stand. I'm in a wheelchair so it's not an issue for me, but people's knees were practically touching the seat in front in the row that I was in.

Interesting. I've found it the exact opposite. At least an inch more room in all the seats I've tried as compared to Footy Park.

Anecdontally, I've found it much easier to get a good seat getting early to the members stand than it ever was at Footy Park. No doubt there appear to be less seats, and more standing. The should definitely try and free up more of the reserved seating if it isn't going to be used.

Interesting. I've found it the exact opposite. At least an inch more room in all the seats I've tried as compared to Footy Park.

Anecdontally, I've found it much easier to get a good seat getting early to the members stand than it ever was at Footy Park. No doubt there appear to be less seats, and more standing. The should definitely try and free up more of the reserved seating if it isn't going to be used.

Maybe that it's just the first three rows cause they're the only ones I can really see.

The Thursday night game against Collingwood is what we need. I have been to all Crows and Power games so far, I feel our home games are missing some atmosphere. I still think they need to do more pre game.

I am loving the new ground.
The crowd around me (eastern stand) was a bit louder at the GWS game but I assume that was just because we played better.

Against Sydney it was QUIET even when we were coming back.

The best pre match stuff I reckon is the simplest - parade some of our past champions around in cars. Always a winner.

On Froggy's picture, Edwin Smith stand bay closest to the light tower three rows down from the top. Worked up a sweat taking two at a time with a drink in one hand and calamari and chip in the other. In the last quarter we came down to ground level and stood by the wall, amazing how much faster it looks at ground level. Sooo much closer to the action than FP.
I was in row BB same bay.

A little higher up than I would of liked but still a good view, to be honest was about the same view I had at footy park at the top of the stairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back