AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably doesn't look like much in the new stadium!

With the upper levels closed it didn't look too bad.

North had a crowd on the hill that were loud.

BmDaeqrCcAAeO5t.jpg:large

There was a great atmosphere at the oval this evening, it was a great move by the SMA to open level 1 only, it was really noisy too.

To get 4000 more than at the parade last Anzac day shows how popular Adelaide Oval is.

Hopefully Port will get smashed on Sunday, I reckon they will get 42000 - 45000, the atmosphere really is different and better once the floodlights come on.

Does anyone think an afternoon match after the ANZAC Day march would of been a better idea to try and attract some of those extra people already in the city?

Does anyone think an afternoon match after the ANZAC Day march would of been a better idea to try and attract some of those extra people already in the city?

The reason the game was at 3:20 is that the reserves can't start before 12pm as per cbd rules for anzac day (rundle mall couldn't open till 12 either)

[quote="fairfooty, post: 32722546, member: 99020. And St Johns took over 15 mins to respond to an elderly lady who collapsed in the Peter Carey bar. I know they were probably busy but that response time is far too long. [/quote]

Could have been low on volunteers for that shift.

The full time paramedics should have been tasked anyway

According to ticketek.com.au Port have sold out tomorrow's game vs Cats. It says 'General Allocation tickets exhausted'.

Hopefully they will get smashed but I never thought I'd see the day when they would get 45000-50000 to a game at Adelaide Oval or Footy park that wasn't a showdown!

According to ticketek.com.au Port have sold out tomorrow's game vs Cats. It says 'General Allocation tickets exhausted'.

Hopefully they will get smashed but I never thought I'd see the day when they would get 45000-50000 to a game at Adelaide Oval or Footy park that wasn't a showdown!

Congratulations to them.

I guess anything under 45,000 would be a bad crowd.

No offence - just curious, do you work for SMA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we wait for the Rucci article saying that because Port sold out this game they should be given every friday night game for the foreseeable future.

Just seen the article on the adelaide oval website, saying that the game is sold out......but......the only way to get a ticket is to buy a guest pass into the western stand members. So if they are promoting them the there must be heaps left.

So maybe 40000-43000 may be what they'd get.

Just seen the article on the adelaide oval website, saying that the game is sold out......but......the only way to get a ticket is to buy a guest pass into the western stand members. So if they are promoting them the there must be heaps left.

So maybe 40000-43000 may be what they'd get.
Were there guest passes available for the GWS match? I reckon one of the biggest H&A crowds for the power in their history excluding showdowns. 48k.

I wonder how, at this early stage where there are a lot of unknowns, how many GA tickets to sell, how many 3 game members will turn up and want those seats etc. guess they would over sell and have people standing under the stands.

Pretty easy for us as we only have the hill for our GA members but with Port having a large portion of the stadium as GA it could be tricky to find the balance.

LOL the 'Portress'!! WTF? o_O
But since it's Port Adelaide, it's cool! :rolleyes:

I heard McDermott go on about how Port are owning AO and they've really laid down the challenge to the Crows with their 47,000 crowd on Sunday, I thought they did that a couple of weeks ago with 36,000 and we answered well on Easter Sunday, lunch time, public holiday, against GWS.

I love how Kochie says "its our people's ground, we've won 20 premierships at Adelaide Oval"

Most Port supporters would not have seen the Magpies play there!! Footy left the ground in 1973! It's only in the last 10-12 years that Major SANFL Finals/games have been played there. The Magpies have only played three finals in the last 12 years!

Before then it was only Sturt and South who played games there.

I heard McDermott go on about how Port are owning AO and they've really laid down the challenge to the Crows with their 47,000 crowd on Sunday, I thought they did that a couple of weeks ago with 36,000 and we answered well on Easter Sunday, lunch time, public holiday, against GWS.
47k IMO is a poor crowd for a top of the table clash. You're absolutely right. GWS...Easter Sunday...Probably the worst time slots in footy yet we only got 2k less than a top of the table clash lol!

I love how Kochie says "its our people's ground, we've won 20 premierships at Adelaide Oval"

Most Port supporters would not have seen the Magpies play there!! Footy left the ground in 1973! It's only in the last 10-12 years that Major SANFL Finals/games have been played there. The Magpies have only played three finals in the last 12 years!

I love how they still stick with the 'one club' shit yet they had Crows players playing for the Magpies LOL eg. Johncock!

Neutral games have always been played at Adelaide Oval, though from the mid 70's to the early/mid 90's they weren't that common due to Football Park. Once the Crows came in, South moved to Noarlunga and Sturt returned to Unley more neutral games got played at Adelaide Oval.

There has always been football of some sort at Adelaide Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back