AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

The crowd around me (eastern stand) was a bit louder at the GWS game but I assume that was just because we played better.

Against Sydney it was QUIET even when we were coming back.

The best pre match stuff I reckon is the simplest - parade some of our past champions around in cars. Always a winner.
I thought we complained about that when they did it with the 61st man flag?

The top level is Club function reserve until half way back, then basically more members reserved seating behind that..

Seems there's a large amount of seating for Club function reserve, wouldn't have thought there would normally be that much.. And obviously it's pretty empty most of the time..

CROWS_westernstand.jpg

This is a good map. Section 209 (SACA Function Reserve) is the one Cornesey was complaining about. The SANFL Life Members have been moved from the Western Stand to the Southern Stand, where viewing isn't nearly as good. I say change places with the SACA reserve for footy games. Why should SACA get the best seats for footy games?

I sit in Section 202, second row from the back, right next to a corporate enclosure. Only five seats in our unenclosed section, with no standing for people to get past, which used to drive me crazy at AAMI. Plenty of leg room, too. Only complaint is that we had much better seats for viewing at AAMI (equivalent to Section 206 here), and I have trouble seeing some of the play now. Also miss the small overhead TVs, which were very handy.

In case anyone was unaware, Norwood are playing North Adelaide at 3:20pm on Anzac Day at the Adelaide Oval.

Level 5 and 3 are closed in East and South Stand. The Hill, Level 1 of South and East Stand and Western Stand will be open.

Details here

http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/eventdetail/2061/norwood-v-north-adelaide.aspx
Why the **** close level 3?
There's stair cases straight to there on level 1. They have access to level 1 amenities.
Don't need to close it at all.

Anyone have any info on whether you can hire corporate boxes for a game? I searched this thread for keywords and browsed the AFC, Adelaide Oval and SACA websites. The only information I can seem to find is for yearly hire/purchase. I imagine it'd be quite hard for one to be available given the demand for even a seat at Adelaide Oval but it's worth an ask.

Anyone have any info on whether you can hire corporate boxes for a game? I searched this thread for keywords and browsed the AFC, Adelaide Oval and SACA websites. The only information I can seem to find is for yearly hire/purchase. I imagine it'd be quite hard for one to be available given the demand for even a seat at Adelaide Oval but it's worth an ask.

Give the SMA a call?

http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/contactus/35/contact-us.aspx

well they did over subscribe the membership

Ian Mclachlan once spoke about how the MCG has 35% of members who never attend ANY matches at the ground. They just hold the membership as a 'status'. Obviously of the remaining 65%, a certain percentage will also not attend on a week by week basis.

It was expected that this would also be the case at AO so they deliberately oversubscribe. They love it because it's 'money for jam'. Only takes a slightly incorrect estimate of the non-attendance and you end up with overcrowding and seating issues.

The other factor is people's unwillingness to sit next to the next group in the row. Most people leave a single seat between them and the next group. This quickly renders 1000 or so of the 14000 seats unusable.

Ian Mclachlan once spoke about how the MCG has 35% of members who never attend ANY matches at the ground. They just hold the membership as a 'status'. Obviously of the remaining 65%, a certain percentage will also not attend on a week by week basis.

It was expected that this would also be the case at AO so they deliberately oversubscribe. They love it because it's 'money for jam'. Only takes a slightly incorrect estimate of the non-attendance and you end up with overcrowding and seating issues.

The other factor is people's unwillingness to sit next to the next group in the row. Most people leave a single seat between them and the next group. This quickly renders 1000 or so of the 14000 seats unusable.

MCC has over 100,000 members I believe, and only around 20,000 seats of the grounds capacity.

quick question.

are people starting to take advantage of the city being so close and either coming in early for a meal or going back into the city afterwards? same with pubs etc?

seems pretty logical. either load up before the game or get yourself thru with a coke and chips then head into the city for a proper feed at much friendlier prices.

quick question.

are people starting to take advantage of the city being so close and either coming in early for a meal or going back into the city afterwards? same with pubs etc?

seems pretty logical. either load up before the game or get yourself thru with a coke and chips then head into the city for a proper feed at much friendlier prices.

We went and had Chinese in the city after the Swans game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quick question.

Yep can recommend the Cathedral Hotel for the post game feed:thumbsu:

The other factor is people's unwillingness to sit next to the next group in the row. Most people leave a single seat between them and the next group. This quickly renders 1000 or so of the 14000 seats unusable.[/quote

I see they are already toughening up on guest passes. Restricted v Melb and none at all for v Pies.

As much as I like having the guest pass option as a benefit I'm happy they are policing at least until we all find our feet

the members area can hold around 23000. whether that's all seated idk

http://www.mcc.org.au/Events at the MCG/The Members Reserve.aspx

As at August 2013, there are 102,000 MCC members, which comprises 61,200 Full members and 40,800 Restricted members.

There are also 233,000 waiting list candidates.

Staggering to think that a club can have over 100,000 members (and a whopping 233,000 on the waiting list) and yet only have around 5,000 in attendance at any game (outside of the massive matches).

The MCC enclosure is practically empty for most games.

Two AO games and loving it. We're in the very small section far right end of the southern stand as you look at it - - great view and great nearby bar!!! Only drama in our area has been looking into the sun and it's been surprisingly hot - particularly at the Swans game and it took a lot of us by surprise. At the Swans game the stoopid security people weren't letting people get out of their seats and stand in the shade so the oldies were falling like flies. And St Johns took over 15 mins to respond to an elderly lady who collapsed in the Peter Carey bar. I know they were probably busy but that response time is far too long. Looking forward to the cooler weather and getting the scarf on and coat out!

And St Johns took over 15 mins to respond to an elderly lady who collapsed in the Peter Carey bar. I know they were probably busy but that response time is far too long.

That's about standard for St John's. They're fairly unreliable when their assistance is generally needed.

That's about standard for St John's. They're fairly unreliable when their assistance is generally needed.
And they move like snails!

Apparently it's part of their training because moving quickly incites a panic... what the hell? How about the unconscious body that's been lying there for however long?

10,014 at Adelaide Oval for the Norwood v North Adelaide game.
Pretty decent.

Probably doesn't look like much in the new stadium!

Anyone know what have they got to Anzac Day games the last few years?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back