AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair post.

If I have to point to one thing which is making it a worse experience its the extent to which its been oversold. Sat all half decent seats were gone by about 315 - almost an hour before the game.
Yes that was bullshit. Rows and rows of seats with plastic bags on them as people were "saving" them.

I queried the staff and was told there wasn't much they could do.

Utter bullshit

I wonder if Tasting Australia played a part in the lack of food stands in the Village Green. At least one of the mobile food vendors at previous games was at Tasting Australia.

We'll find out next match I suppose.

Nonetheless it's absolute madness that there was only Beyond India there last night - last night was the perfect timeslot for people to eat, and frankly, the food options in the usual kiosks aren't overly adequate.
Nah had nothing to do with it, sma said no, and I assume the only way it will change is if enough people complain. But I can't see that happening.

I am sure it has been mentioned before but that "OTR' segment at 3/4 is awful. Probably the worst thing I have seen attempted at a sporting event ever. The fact the club wants supporters to dance and sing along to an add about a big corporate organisation says a lot. Sure play some music and rev up the crowd but it is just plain embarrassing.

I am sure it has been mentioned before but that "OTR' segment at 3/4 is awful. Probably the worst thing I have seen attempted at a sporting event ever. The fact the club wants supporters to dance and sing along to an add about a big corporate organisation says a lot. Sure play some music and rev up the crowd but it is just plain embarrassing.
Yeah it's definitely cringe-worthy but it is a laugh seeing the drunk bogans on the hill failing to do a simple dance.

I said to my dad that if he danced to the OTR song and won the $1000 I'd ask him to hand the money back. It's embarrasing enough, especially when the team is down by 2 goals to Melbourne.

Has the quality of the hotdogs been discussed in this thread? They are ******* amazing. Probably the best hotdog I've ever eaten.

Made fresh, real cheese, crispy bacon; unlike the hard bread, cheese sauce hotdogs we had at Footy Park.
The vienna stand ones? Gold!

I think it is time to go for some more 'meat and potatoes' options with our pre-match entertainment. Nothing too fancy, no pet birds, ceremonial flag raises, handing over a football, funeral dirge song renditions etc.

Eg this week we play Collingwood. The pre-match should be a look back at the final minor round game in 1993 vs Collingwood to make the finals for the first time. In depth highlights of the game, interspersed with interviews from one of the players/coaches about the match, atmosphere, importance. Some music in the background. Call it "Magic Moments" or something, I think we've already got something like this on our website.

Half time should be the top 20 Crows goals of all time, next week the top 20 marks, then the biggest hits, the funniest moments etc.

Fancy marketing ideas out the door. Entertain us with football. Stuff that makes us feel warm and fuzzy about being a Crows fans. Celebrategoodtimescomeon.

Fancy marketing ideas out the door. Entertain us with football. Stuff that makes us feel warm and fuzzy about being a Crows fans. Celebrategoodtimescomeon.

Hang on, where are the cheer girls? I swear I dont remember seeing them at the Showdown????? Yes Im straight. :p

Trigg went overseas during his sabbatical what the fk did he learn from other Clubs in terms of entertainment, in the US they have made it into an art form and do it well. Nothing wrong in taking some elements and ideas from others.

I still think our supporter group is old, I would bet my bottom dollar that the Power has the younger supporter base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the quality of the hotdogs been discussed in this thread? They are ******* amazing. Probably the best hotdog I've ever eaten.

Made fresh, real cheese, crispy bacon; unlike the hard bread, cheese sauce hotdogs we had at Footy Park.
I assume you mean the Barossa ones made with real meat?

Had them at the cricket & was glad to see them on the way to get my squid.

Definitely worth going for a walk to find some decent food!

I think it is time to go for some more 'meat and potatoes' options with our pre-match entertainment. Nothing too fancy, no pet birds, ceremonial flag raises, handing over a football, funeral dirge song renditions etc.

Eg this week we play Collingwood. The pre-match should be a look back at the final minor round game in 1993 vs Collingwood to make the finals for the first time. In depth highlights of the game, interspersed with interviews from one of the players/coaches about the match, atmosphere, importance. Some music in the background. Call it "Magic Moments" or something, I think we've already got something like this on our website.

Half time should be the top 20 Crows goals of all time, next week the top 20 marks, then the biggest hits, the funniest moments etc.

Also, what happened to giving highlights of other games at the half time break ... which would mean no time for that OTR crap!

Where are the cheer girls? Do they exist any more?

They haven't been around for years. At one point they were sponsored by Coke (I think) but that fizzled out. At least they were interesting to look at. They seemed a bit insipid, though, compared to the 36ers cheer girls/boys. Their routines were much better.

Throw in Cher while you are at it.

Maybe they could blast out "If I Could Turn Back Time ... "

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back