AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure it has been mentioned before but that "OTR' segment at 3/4 is awful. Probably the worst thing I have seen attempted at a sporting event ever. The fact the club wants supporters to dance and sing along to an add about a big corporate organisation says a lot. Sure play some music and rev up the crowd but it is just plain embarrassing.

They are attempting something... At least they are trying. Everything I can see leaking into the afl now (and big bash) stems from the United States. Remember all those fact finding missions vlad and co go on? All of these things we are seeing come from basketball or baseball or the NFL. They are trying to give the footy patron the "full experience" by getting them involved, keeping them moving, keeping them entertained. If you've got a better idea - send it to them.

They haven't been around for years. At one point they were sponsored by Coke (I think) but that fizzled out. At least they were interesting to look at. They seemed a bit insipid, though, compared to the 36ers cheer girls/boys. Their routines were much better.

Maybe they could blast out "If I Could Turn Back Time ... "

I enjoyed the dance crews at the Brisbane big bash games. Another of the teams had trampolines which was pretty neat.

They are attempting something... At least they are trying. Everything I can see leaking into the afl now (and big bash) stems from the United States. Remember all those fact finding missions vlad and co go on? All of these things we are seeing come from basketball or baseball or the NFL. They are trying to give the footy patron the "full experience" by getting them involved, keeping them moving, keeping them entertained. If you've got a better idea - send it to them.
I have a better idea...do absolutely nothing. That is better than the OTR song which disengages me instantly.

Yes that was bullshit. Rows and rows of seats with plastic bags on them as people were "saving" them.

I queried the staff and was told there wasn't much they could do.

Utter bullshit
What would happen if you just moved their shit? Isn't there rules about not-reserving seats? They couldn't kick you out of them if you're sitting there.

Has the quality of the hotdogs been discussed in this thread? They are ******* amazing. Probably the best hotdog I've ever eaten.

Made fresh, real cheese, crispy bacon; unlike the hard bread, cheese sauce hotdogs we had at Footy Park.
Bread dogs we call them, because the "meat" always runs out about half way down the roll so you're left a big chunk of "bread" with "cheese" sauce.

What would happen if you just moved their shit? Isn't there rules about not-reserving seats? They couldn't kick you out of them if you're sitting there.

Clearly they're not policing it well, but how strict is it meant to be?

What if you're just going to the toilet for 5 minutes, are you not allowed to leave your belongings then? Seems a tad harsh.

Unreserved seating is tricky though. If I'm there by myself and need the loo, do I lose my seat if I go and leave my jacket?

The Western stand has lost food choice and been oversold to the extent we need to get there an hour before the game - you need to be able to move around or even go outside the ground to eat.

I think the solution should be a system where you are issued with a sticker or something to place on your seat on entry. You only get one sticker per entry so you can't save a whole load of seats.

Unreserved seating is tricky though. If I'm there by myself and need the loo, do I lose my seat if I go and leave my jacket?

The Western stand has lost food choice and been oversold to the extent we need to get there an hour before the game - you need to be able to move around or even go outside the ground to eat.

I think the solution should be a system where you are issued with a sticker or something to place on your seat on entry. You only get one sticker per entry so you can't save a whole load of seats.
This. Would be a simple way to stop one person getting in early and reserving huge sections.

People that reserve huge amounts of seats are the worst. Almost as bad as people that come in after them and reserve another block of seats but leave a gap in between the other seats, creating all these empty spots.

They do the sticker thing at the cricket. You just write your name and membership number on the sticker and put it on your seat. Works a treat. I've emailed the SMA that they need to implement this for the football but they gave a polite 'not gonna happen' response. Guess they want to sell the 'reserved seat upgrades' instead. Its all about the dollars.

I don't think it's unfair on unreasonable for people take the time to get there early to reserve themselves a seat.

I don't mind the idea of a sticker system, but I'm unsure as to what this achieves that a jacket on the seat doesn't, as I don't think the majority of people there are reserving "loads of seats"

Last edited:
Bread dogs we call them, because the "meat" always runs out about half way down the roll so you're left a big chunk of "bread" with "cheese" sauce.

We called the AAMI hotdogs the "Repeatadogs", one bite and you had the pleasure of tasting the shite all night.

No amount of beverages could stop the Repeatadogs ability to return with full force :(

I was thinking how it's not just the players that need to be fired up going into the final quarters, the crowd does as well.
So I put a little track together that I might send to the club that I thought would do both and really add to the atmosphere.

There are two versions with different endings. Let me know what you think, which ending is better and if you think I should send it to the club.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/at72l28281pfq1h/Three_quarter_time_pump_up_1.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9s8av6zypjd1apq/Three_quarter_time_pump_up_2.mp3

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KN25KkQ.jpg

Got some quality views from these seats!

My only complain is the setting sun.

It's setting in the North west and with no stand or cover down the northern end - the sun shines right into the corner of your eye.

And the fact I pay $700 fir my seats and will still get wet. That's bullshit.

My only complain is the setting sun.

It's setting in the North west and with no stand or cover down the northern end - the sun shines right into the corner of your eye.

And the fact I pay $700 fir my seats and will still get wet. That's bullshit.

How Dare that sun get in your way, Smithers hand me the remote!!
1268750813-simpsons_sun-jj-001.jpg

That from our coaches' box?

On the coaches box, Sando apparently mention that he stands up because he gets a better view.

How could we construct a brand new coaches box at a brand new stadium, and fail at allowing the coaches to see the whole ground sitting in a chair? Baffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back