AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

On the coaches box, Sando apparently mention that he stands up because he gets a better view.

How could we construct a brand new coaches box at a brand new stadium, and fail at allowing the coaches to see the whole ground sitting in a chair? Baffling.
He said the way the box is designed he is looking through two pieces of glass giving a distorted view. Agreed, our coach can't even sit down during a game, wtf.

On the coaches box, Sando apparently mention that he stands up because he gets a better view.

How could we construct a brand new coaches box at a brand new stadium, and fail at allowing the coaches to see the whole ground sitting in a chair? Baffling.
I heard someone say that there's a double pane of glass or something at one end that specifically causes the problem.

I heard someone say that there's a double pane of glass or something at one end that specifically causes the problem.
He said the way the box is designed he is looking through two pieces of glass giving a distorted view. Agreed, our coach can't even sit down during a game, wtf.

Staggering. Surely the coaches box was one of the easier things to design and build at a $535 million stadium.

They have to correct this. You can't force the head coach of the home team to stand up the whole game because he can't see the play properly sitting in a chair.

I think he said he could sit down the front but he doesn't want to? I could be wrong though... It makes you wonder how much the other coaches can see who are sitting down.

Anyway I know what he means, I sat right against the edge of the Southern stand half way up on the top tier, and your looking down the ground through glass at a bad angle and basically everything is double, takes you right out of the game.

Sando seems to be the only one standing up from what I've seen. I suspect it's more that he's restless rather than an issue with the coaching box itself.

Sure, but none of the other coaches seem to be complaining. Is it not distorted for them as well?
Maybe it's the spot he likes to sit..
Maybe it's his eyes..
Maybe it's how picky he is about it because his head is the one truly on the line..
Maybe he's different and something like that pisses him off more than others..

I'm not sure why he'd make that up, but anyway..

It's been another bad day for the team in the AFC Membership department.

We haven't sold a single new membership in more than 3 weeks. The counter is still stuck on 53,410.

Meanwhile Poort Power are now up to 52,546.

#membershipdepartmentdontgiveashit
#whybotherhavingacounter
Bums on seats is what matters - lets see how many Port get when playing low drawing teams ie Lions when they got 35 odd.

In fact I reckon they will be lucky to crack 40 this week end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been another bad day for the team in the AFC Membership department.

We haven't sold a single new membership in more than 3 weeks. The counter is still stuck on 53,410.

Meanwhile Poort Power are now up to 52,546.

#membershipdepartmentdontgiveashit
#whybotherhavingacounter

Over the last three months we have only updated our numbers every three weeks or so.

Also we have very few game memberships left to sell whereas Port have thousands of general admission one's left to sell. Overall Port have about 15000 GA to our 3500 (hill only).

This is why their memberships are still selling rapidly.

The only thing that's important is the 11 game mships and we have about 41000 to their 27000.

Over the last three months we have only updated our numbers every three weeks or so.

Also we have very few game memberships left to sell whereas Port have thousands of general admission one's left to sell. Overall Port have about 15000 GA to our 3500 (hill only).

This is why their memberships are still selling rapidly.

The only thing that's important is the 11 game mships and we have about 41000 to their 27000.

I don't think you get the point.

I have explained in great detail in the past why 52,000 crows members are >>>>>>>52,000 Poort Power members.

I also do not believe that we haven't sold any memberships for 3 weeks. We are still selling 3 game memberships, interstate memberships and non ticketed memberships. I agree that we have sold almost all of the approximately 45,000 11 game memberships which is the key factor. Why haven't we come out all guns blazing, shouting this from the roof.

Since our magnificent marketing department boldly declared we were aiming for 60,000 members, they must have thought it was feasible to sell 15,000 other memberships.

What pisses me off is that we agree to put a membership counter on our website but can't be ****ed updating it.

This is one of numerous examples of our off field team making clueless decisions or refusing to go the extra yard.

1) Agreeing to make our first game at Adelaide Oval a Showdown. It was never going to be a Crows home game and we provided a marketing bonanza to Poort and ensured that we started on the back foot.

2) The fiasco over our red jumper.

3) Port provide free t-shirts to every member, we have a flag raising ceremony

4) Triggy boasts that we have something really special for our first home match at Adelaide Oval against Sydney. Little did I expect that it was the team not turning up

5) The Crowval WTF?????????????????

6) The Chants OMG?????????????????????

7) The March FOT???????????????????????

We are rapidly becoming the trailer trash of the AFL but don't worry the sponsors dinners in the Bradman Room are going well.

I am a Crows silver member in the new Eastern stand. I am looking at changing to Essential Crows on the West stand so we ca be more flexible with seating (in the rain etc). How is the seating in the Western stand, if I get there 30 minutes before the bounce will I still get a couple of seats ok?

I am a Crows silver member in the new Eastern stand. I am looking at changing to Essential Crows on the West stand so we ca be more flexible with seating (in the rain etc). How is the seating in the Western stand, if I get there 30 minutes before the bounce will I still get a couple of seats ok?
I'm in the Eastern stand too but from what other posters have said the seats are virtually all gone in the Western stand an hour to an hour and a half before game time.

The whole western grandstand got built before footy was coming didn't it? I seem to remember something about the coaches boxes not being included in the original plan and had to be tacked on somewhere

Yep, the old Members stand (Besides the arches and the cricket change rooms) was demolished in June 2009, the Labor announcement for Adelaide Oval was December 2009.

I don't think you get the point.

I have explained in great detail in the past why 52,000 crows members are >>>>>>>52,000 Poort Power members.

I also do not believe that we haven't sold any memberships for 3 weeks. We are still selling 3 game memberships, interstate memberships and non ticketed memberships. I agree that we have sold almost all of the approximately 45,000 11 game memberships which is the key factor. Why haven't we come out all guns blazing, shouting this from the roof.

Since our magnificent marketing department boldly declared we were aiming for 60,000 members, they must have thought it was feasible to sell 15,000 other memberships.

What pisses me off is that we agree to put a membership counter on our website but can't be ****ed updating it.

This is one of numerous examples of our off field team making clueless decisions or refusing to go the extra yard.

1) Agreeing to make our first game at Adelaide Oval a Showdown. It was never going to be a Crows home game and we provided a marketing bonanza to Poort and ensured that we started on the back foot.

2) The fiasco over our red jumper.

3) Port provide free t-shirts to every member, we have a flag raising ceremony

4) Triggy boasts that we have something really special for our first home match at Adelaide Oval against Sydney. Little did I expect that it was the team not turning up

5) The Crowval WTF?????????????????

6) The Chants OMG?????????????????????

7) The March FOT???????????????????????

We are rapidly becoming the trailer trash of the AFL but don't worry the sponsors dinners in the Bradman Room are going well.
FOT ?

I'm a long time EC member and like anything it really depends on what's important to you. We have been pretty disappointed with the Western stand, it's been horribly oversold and I would suggest that, unless you're happy with nose bleed seats, 30 mins is nowhere near enough time. You really need to be aiming at 1 hour, or for games like collingwood even earlier.

The facilities are not at the same standard with toilets and catering under serviced. What benefits were there like the village green eating court have now been removed. There are now less food choices than at AAMI.

Other benefits like guest passes have been restricted now because of the over selling.

Ultimately we will keep it for now as the great benefit for us is taking our son free - no need to purchase a seat for him.

However as soon as he is too old and assuming there are no improvements we will be out of EC membership ASAP

I phoned the SMA to ask a few questions about the Western Stand, especially regarding the village green. I was told that it wasn't happening due to a directive from the club(s). When I said I'd ring the Crows about it, the woman back-pedalled a bit, and said it was in conjunction with the SMA. Whoever vetoed it, it's a big mistake. We've been underwhelmed with the facilities in the Western Stand, compared to AAMI.

I phoned the SMA to ask a few questions about the Western Stand, especially regarding the village green. I was told that it wasn't happening due to a directive from the club(s). When I said I'd ring the Crows about it, the woman back-pedalled a bit, and said it was in conjunction with the SMA. Whoever vetoed it, it's a big mistake. We've been underwhelmed with the facilities in the Western Stand, compared to AAMI.

What a joke. Who do we have to pay to get Brisbane to take Trigg off our hands?

None of the other coaches I've seen at Adelaide Oval have been standing up though. Is Sando just the wrong height for the glass panelling? Or others just putting up with it?

Sorry for the intrusion but during the Geelong game I noticed on the replay that Chris Scott spent a lot of time standing up. Thought it was just a quirk at the time but now it makes more sense, if that's the same box.

Sorry for the intrusion but during the Geelong game I noticed on the replay that Chris Scott spent a lot of time standing up. Thought it was just a quirk at the time but now it makes more sense, if that's the same box.

There you go, thought it was just Sando that has done it so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back