Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I certainly was not expecting that result. There seemed to be an air on inevitability around them. Then Koch came out of his cave in the bye week, and I thought "this may not end well for them".

But then Tom Stewart was a late out and I thought, well it's happening. Not even Hinkley could lose to a Stewart-less Cats.

Hinkley gonna Hinkley, I guess.

Now, how do they rebound from that? Is it even possible? Has a team ever been so thoroughly, comprehensively routed in the first final, and then bounced back to win a flag? That was a "Wildcard plays actual finalist" level of beating, not 2v3. This could galvanise them, or break them.

I really hope it's the latter.
The most important watch tonight is injuries and or suspensions for the winning team.

If they can win unscathed it will go a long way to replicating Catastrophic Power Failure again at AO next week.

Can’t help but think that if Pork go out in straight sets there might be a player or two wanting out the way this trade season has been shaping
IMO the only players that can truly land Port a Top 10 pick this year is JHF, Butters and Rozee.

They are dreaming if they think Houston will land them a coveted single digit 1st.

Well I certainly was not expecting that result. There seemed to be an air on inevitability around them. Then Koch came out of his cave in the bye week, and I thought "this may not end well for them".

But then Tom Stewart was a late out and I thought, well it's happening. Not even Hinkley could lose to a Stewart-less Cats.

Hinkley gonna Hinkley, I guess.

Now, how do they rebound from that? Is it even possible? Has a team ever been so thoroughly, comprehensively routed in the first final, and then bounced back to win a flag? That was a "Wildcard plays actual finalist" level of beating, not 2v3. This could galvanise them, or break them.

I really hope it's the latter.
Only 1 team to lose a home QF has won the flag under the current system which was WCE in 06 when they lost to Sydney by 1 point, so 83 points off

Pretty impressive that the Port board has averaged 25 posts a day for 12 years calling for Hinkley to be sacked

Fun Data with Grotto

1000015440-png.2102752

Thinking about this song most of today, just watching the clip it turns out it’s a great representation of Adelaide supporters and Pork supporters today.
Adelaide supporters being Katrina and Pork supporters being the sullen looking blokes in the grey drab trench coats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whos this?
The latest Adelaide D grade celeb who jumped on the bandwagon, but claims to have been a 'vocal Port fan 4ever'. Only started posting about footy in August.

You know the type weekend at bernies rocks up to games in their brand new tops :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back