Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone with contacts please issue a please explain to SEN here.. I saw the team of the week and not one port player was there and I was particularly looking for Dixon as I was told he is a star and nothing. It must be a printing error surely

View attachment 2105764
Dixon robbed.

I thought I would place this here, its a good watch down memory lane.

This youtube video came up across my suggested viewing.

Its from 1997, C7 News reporting St Kilda fans celebrating getting tickets to the GF. :$

I do remember hearing that the tickets were being scalped for as much as $1000, I knew a fans from Footy Park days that said they paid that much to watch the GF.

I thought I would place this here, its a good watch down memory lane.

This youtube video came up across my suggested viewing.

Its from 1997, C7 News reporting St Kilda fans celebrating getting tickets to the GF. :$

I do remember hearing that the tickets were being scalped for as much as $1000, I knew a fans from Footy Park days that said they paid that much to watch the GF.

i remember sitting on the phone for about 50 minutes on the Sunday morning and asking if the was any tickets left and having to use dads Amex as I didn't have a credit card then, don't think I ever paid him back lol

Have this feeling the wheels might fall off for Hawthorn this week. Been in form for a long time, but it has to end some time.
The track to flatten out for Port Friday, and Sydney to account for em the week after.
Yeah i feel like Port might scrape something together after the embarrassment last week, an away final in front of a large, rabid opposition crowd seems like a tough ask for the Hawks.

Yeah i feel like Port might scrape something together after the embarrassment last week, an away final in front of a large, rabid opposition crowd seems like a tough ask for the Hawks.
Be interesting to know the stats with semi finals.
I think it might be Kingy that says people always get sucked into the last game with semi finals ie hawks win port lose but it’s not very often teams go out in straight sets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it might be Kingy that says people always get sucked into the last game with semi finals ie hawks win port lose but it’s not very often teams go out in straight sets.
Every year in the past decade bar 2017 and 2020 has seen at least one team go out in straight sets.

It was rare in the 00s where it only happened twice and one of those went to Extra Time (the other one was, funnily enough, Port vs Hawks on 2001). It's becoming a lot more common place with the top 8 becoming more even in ability.

It’s happened 9 times in 23 years

Straight-sets exits​

(Teams to lose a qualifying and semi-final in the same season since 2000)

2001: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2007: West Coast (3rd)
2014: Fremantle (4th)
2014: Geelong (3rd)
2015: Sydney (4th)
2016: Hawthorn (3rd)
2018: Hawthorn (4th)
2019: Brisbane (2nd)
2021: Brisbane (4th)
2022: Melbourne (2nd)
2023: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2023: Melbourne (4th)

Last edited:

Straight-sets exits​

(Teams to lose a qualifying and semi-final in the same season since 2000)

2001: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2007: West Coast (3rd)
2014: Fremantle (4th)
2014: Geelong (3rd)
2015: Sydney (4th)
2016: Hawthorn (3rd)
2018: Hawthorn (4th)
2019: Brisbane (2nd)
2021: Brisbane (4th)
2022: Melbourne (2nd)
2023: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2023: Melbourne (4th)
Oh. I was reading an old article 🤦‍♂️

Hawk kick the first couple goals and the crowd will start booing Ken before leaving at half time

Hawk kick the first couple goals and the crowd will start booing Ken before leaving at half time
It will be beautiful sight to witness an almost empty AO at 3/4 time if the Hawks are pumping the Power. :rainbow:

It will be beautiful sight to witness an almost empty AO at 3/4 time if the Hawks are pumping the Power. :rainbow:
We might need to put some "save Ken" stickers up if that happens.

We might need to put some "save Ken" stickers up if that happens.
In many ways this could be a very very sad week for the Crows, the end of Ken.

I feared this day could happen, it will certainly be sombre on here if Kenny is sacked.

Kenny singlehandedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on multiple occasions in Prelims.

I will definitely simultaneously toast and roast Kenny and Port here on Friday Night.

#saveken
#Ken4Life

Hawthorn star Jack Ginnivan slammed over ‘disrespectful’ post​

Jack Ginnivan has swiftly found himself back in the spotlight, accused of disrespecting Port Adelaide and crossing the line.

03a7bb90354e3a39352eaaade4d59481

Insane to think GWS gave up a packet of Twisties and half a ham sandwich to get Jesse Hogan.... :embarrassedv1:
Without knowing the bloke at all personally, I get the feeling from afar that moving to a city where you can be anonymous as an AFL player has helped a lot with his mental health battles and that has translated to his onfield form. It was a risky trade from GWS, but it has paid off and very happy to see Hogan happy and reaching his potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back