Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That insufficient intent free was absolutely wrong. They really need to review calls like that automatically to correct the incompent or malicious calls from the field umpires.
And wildly different to the two blatant ones they didn’t pay against Port last night

Swans-Port Friday night
Cats-Lions Saturday twilight

Would be the most likely.
Would be good to know the the Port result early. If Port win then I will barrack for Geelong as I feel they are best equipped to beat Port. If Swans win then I'd prefer a Brisbane premiership so will barrack for Brisbane.

Disgusting joke of a game..
Umpiring was just ridiculously biased toward the lions
The sentiment seems to be mostly gone now but it always surprised me how long people would spew out the "AFL wants GWS to win a flag" line. Nearly every single big, close final they've been in they've been absolutely dudded by the umps.

I don't know if it's a noise of affirmation thing, but goodness me they get bent over.

Biggest finals choke since the 93 prelim. Unbelievable to lose from 8 goals up.
Even bigger.

Second biggest ever.

Three key moments:

1) Ash goaled halfway through the 3rd quarter and they celebrated like they'd won the flag. Was the turning point.

2) Daniels took the advantage when they had a set shot free kick 10m out directly in front and missed in Q4

3) Lachie Keeffe's pitiful set shot in Q4
I believe anyone watching thought game over at that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be good to know the the Port result early. If Port win then I will barrack for Geelong as I feel they are best equipped to beat Port. If Swans win then I'd prefer a Brisbane premiership so will barrack for Brisbane.

Port were horrible and didn't turn up against the Cats. I can't see it happening again, especially as Port won't have the favourtism tag in a GF.

I think whoever wins Friday night wins the flag. I think it will be Sydney.

I dont think it should have been paid, but the umpire probably didnt benefit from the angle we could see on the TV.

Thanks

The first shot you say yeah pay that every day - the 2nd angle does show the attempted side hand to somebody down the field

But in the moment call it deliberate

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back