Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t Kochy say that Ken will be there next year, earlier this week?

He did… but according to this poster, several board members said Kochie spoke out of turn as such, and there would be discussion at the end of their season.
If it comes to a vote who knows. Either way, will be fun to see them implode ☺️

Can anyone tell me why Tredrea isn't commentating on Fiveaa and are they at the ground or doing it from the fiveaa studio?

You think they would have gone for a big pre lim final.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me why Tredrea isn't commentating on Fiveaa and are they at the ground or doing it from the fiveaa studio?

Tredders is with the other Board members in the stands.

He was on AA before the game.

Maybe, but convulsions sounds more epileptic. Given that they aren’t worried, it certainly sounds like a pre existing condition. I only went to epilepsy given the amount of stress he would be going under for a senior coaching job.
I didn’t hear about the convulsions thing, though I have unfortunately experienced a friend suffering a pulmonary embolism and he had convulsive like reactions before he stopped breathing.

Yeah the “Ken’s an honourable guy, he’ll know when it’s time to move on” stuff Port media roll with is bullshit.

No way, the money is far too good. And he’s probably already extracted as much or even more money from Port Adelaide than any single person in their history.

Prelim before his first ever contract negotiation and wouldn’t have taken a pay cut since.

And the reality is, he’s perfect for Port. They’re smart enough to know how bad it was before Ken and how easily it could revert to that when he’s gone.

It’s far more important that Port finish top 8 every year, top 4 occasionally. They just need to be in seasons long enough to sell enough memberships.

A few bad weeks before they “win” trade week, then the draft and then the pre season is nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did… but according to this poster, several board members said Kochie spoke out of turn as such, and there would be discussion at the end of their season.
Can’t see the AFL (who they owe a shitload of handout too) approving them to pay out his contract?

5AA caller something like… “I don’t know why everyone hates Kenny, he got them to a prelim, Chris Scott gets his team to a prelim and everyone loves him, I just don’t understand”

If it comes to a vote who knows. Either way, will be fun to see them implode
That guy is just making shit up.

Can’t see the AFL (who they owe a shitload of handout too) approving them to pay out his contract?

I think Geoffa is correct in his post about Kochie and the financial situation/impact.
Just can’t see them being able to afford it (the pay out).
I mean Carr may be ok to take over, but he will be on a bargain basement salary if that’s the case, at least to start with.

The only way I think they get rid of Ken is if behind the scenes they bring in a name coach like Buckley. But the list is pure trash. They have a good base 10-15 senior players then the rest of the 22 are made up from mediocrity and then the list beyond that is hot garbage, worse than the crows 2020 list in every way. A coach would need to come in and be willing to take the hit to rebuild the list. They have no draft picks this year which means the list is going to look pretty much the same. Would any experienced coach take on a side that needs to have an 80% rebuild. This is why I think Ken will stay. They will move him on next year though.

That guy is just making shit up.

Yes, there is a bit of scepticism (I don’t spend much time there), just had a quick read. Many desperately hoping it’s true also.
I’m sure that poster posted on our board a while ago when the Ken to WCE “rumour” commenced.
Whether he is genuinely in the know, no idea 😆

He is.

He’s pretending to be campo to avoid scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back