Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel a little bit for the power fans. The media defence of hinkley is nauseating. Such a contemptuous refusal to take any accountability for a team and list he has built over more than a decade. When they do well it's his genius on display, when they lose in the same fashion over multiple years he's a hard done by maestro conducting a bunch of mostly incompetent jokers.

And long may it continue.

Ken made Port’s season all about him, in particular the tears after the Saints game and last week’s embarrassing behaviour. Always the victim.

Jack Payne, Kidene coleman, jaspa fletcher Ben keays :p
I thought Fletcher was more a F/S? He was developed by them, but they always had access to him as a F/S regardless. Fair call on Payne and I forgot about Coleman (although he's obviously had no impact on this season).

From what I could see, these are the two most recent;
View attachment 2112687

View attachment 2112716

There is also these two examples, although not entirely comparable, as although both finalists in Year 3 had lost a GF in the previous 2 seasons, one of the teams had also won the flag in the previous 2 years.

View attachment 2112691

View attachment 2112717
TubbsFarquhar bump!

Very happy with these two as the Grand finalists. Would have also taken a Syd derby, but Syd bris will have some good story lines for sure

It's interesting that Fagan said Geelongs prep for this match was pretty poor.
West Coast they cruised for a win.
Week off
Port win by 84 points with little effort required.
Week off
Then big pre lim.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
Before today, the last time they played a good team was the Bulldogs in R19, even though they lost to St Kilda in R23.

They are the midfield group leading us next year. Laird hasn't played there toward the backend of the season and Berry will only be depth with Curtin and Taylor to move a head of him in the pecking order next year.

digging season 3 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting that Fagan said Geelongs prep for this match was pretty poor.
West Coast they cruised for a win.
Week off
Port win by 84 points with little effort required.
Week off
Then big pre lim.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
And for the jerking off over the Hawks and the Bulldogs, Brisbane have now won 13 of their last 15. Their form was as good as those two aforementioned and are really the form team now. They were just written off after their Collingwood choke because of a sense of deja vu.

So great to have a non Victorian GF. Would love it if this was the start of a five year stretch of no Victorian teams . Makes a complete mockery of the mcg always hosting
Can't really stand many Brisbane players but hard to argue that I'd rather see Geelong in another GF. This is a good match up.

Also it's not in your post but I do somewhat chuckle when people would use the phrase of "no Melbourne teams are left" after Hawthorn got eliminated. Yes we all know Geelong is technically outside of Melbourne but when you think of big Vic clubs that always get looked after they're almost up there with Collingwood.

They are the midfield group leading us next year. Laird hasn't played there toward the backend of the season and Berry will only be depth with Curtin and Taylor to move a head of him in the pecking order next year.
I love how you think Pick 4 will be in the midfield next year

You sweet naive child

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back