Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong by 61+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so pumped! Just found out that TSN are now showing the game live over here so I don't have to avoid scores waiting for the replay. Very excited :)

I've got some beef sausages (surprisingly hard to get here) and I'll pick up some Coopers tomorrow. We've got a couple of Canadian friends coming around. He's a Fremantle supporter because he lived in Perth for a bit but I've pretty much converted him to the Cats. We'll even have a kick of the footy before the game.

For some reason I have a feeling it will be a bit like 2008 but with a better result. Close game with both teams having chances but Geelong to get a few late goals to win by 25 :thumbsu: Fingers crossed!

Think you've confirmed my reservations having gone back to 2009. If he gets in it'll be in the back half where he'll pretty much stay methinks. As I've suggested, if he's needed forward we'll be in deep deep do-doos. Anyhoo, suspect Shannon is the more likely replacement for SJ as he can can play forward and be used in the midfield. Good discussion though.

BTW. Billy B just re-affirmed on the Footy Show that SJ is doubtful having spoken to him in the last hour or so.

Milburn wouldn't be selected as a forward replacement, just pointing out the fact that Dash has played a few roles up forward in pressure games over the last few years and has come up trumps. There was also a game against North Melbourne and Carlton last year (I think???) when he pushed forward for a few goals.

Anyways, the point being is that Dash would most likely come in as sub allowing us to push Duncan forward (in combination with Chapman). Dash - if subbed in after 1/2 time would then be able to slot into the defensive 6 - releasing somebody else (maybe Mackie to the wing/midfield). There is also plan C of being able to sub Dash into a cameo pinch hitting forward - and that is flexibility!

I just can't back in Byrnes this year as he hasn't the matches behind him. His 09' effort in the GF was excellent, but that was on the back of a stellar breakout season. Nothing against Byrnes, its just Milburn has had the gametime this year and lets not forget he was very good against Collingwood in Rnd 24.

As for SJ - just arrived at Skilled and is nervous still only rating himself a 50-50. Time will tell, but i still live in hope.

I'll be very worried if Byrnes comes in. Nothing against him but he hasn't played a whole game all year has he?

Dasher is the only logical replacement if SJ can't make it.

the MM factor sways it for me, given our outs and ?? players, but we have already exceeded expectations by even making it this far, and IF we do lose, will be nowhere near as painful as 08.

the MM factor sways it for me, given our outs and ?? players, but we have already exceeded expectations by even making it this far, and IF we do lose, will be nowhere near as painful as 08.

Losing to the best team all year won't be that hard. But coming out of this era at 2/4 will be very difficult. A win will set us up to be considered one of the best teams ever. A loss just a great team that missed some chances.

We have to win. We win, I don't care what happens next. Our entire team can retire and we play the VFL guys next year, I don't care.

Screw all the so called romance about MM going out on B2B flags, Scotty winning in his debut season is much more significant. Man love for CS is reaching epic levels and I rarely give much of a shit about coaches.

MUST WIN!

Well the chopper has finally left skilled... damn thing woke me up this morning. One of the only downsides of living so close to the ground

On the other side I wonder if they got any good footage of Stevie J?

Losing to the best team all year won't be that hard. But coming out of this era at 2/4 will be very difficult. A win will set us up to be considered one of the best teams ever. A loss just a great team that missed some chances.

We have to win. We win, I don't care what happens next. Our entire team can retire and we play the VFL guys next year, I don't care.

Screw all the so called romance about MM going out on B2B flags, Scotty winning in his debut season is much more significant. Man love for CS is reaching epic levels and I rarely give much of a shit about coaches.

MUST WIN!
Agree wit ALL you say, BUT the Pies players seem hell-bent on doing it for Mick, and given the evenness anyway, that could be the factor.

I would agree about this being THE ultimate win, but I can not let myself imagine that until 5 pm Sat.

Agree wit ALL you say, BUT the Pies players seem hell-bent on doing it for Mick, and given the evenness anyway, that could be the factor.

I would agree about this being THE ultimate win, but I can not let myself imagine that until 5 pm Sat.

FWIW, Leigh Matthews thinks the Pies would shoot themselves in the foot by getting overly emotional about Malthouse.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124249/default.aspx

I can remember being thrilled that leading into the 2001 Grand Final, there were emotional scenes at Essendon when retiring stalwarts Michael Long and Dean Wallis were honoured at the Bombers' last training session.

Anything that takes the focus off the match itself is always a potential distraction.

In an already stressful week, remaining calm and not getting emotionally over-hyped is one of Grand Final week's great challenges.

It would not help Collingwood for players to be desperate to win it for Mick; rather, it could be a distraction they could do without.

He is right. It's a grand final. There's no such thing as extra motivation because your coach is retiring. We have a million reasons to want to win as much as them - to complete the fairytales for Scotty, Lonergan and Pods; to stamp ourselves as one of the all-time greats; to send off a few likely retirees; because we don't know if we'll make another GF anytime soon.

If the Pies win it will be because they play better than they have for weeks, their stars step up or Malthouse has some genius tactics up his sleeve. The thought that a team can win a grand final based on being emotional about their coach is simply nonsense IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MUST WIN!

Agree 100% with this must win I don't care about next year we can slide...

Sick of the Pies Supporters "we have been holding back" dribble they keep sprouting and not playing there best once this year...What an insult to the Collingwood Football club that they haven't tried in one game this year...Absolute Arogance:thumbsdown:

Our close wins early in the year meant nothing and we where "unconvincing" and "lucky". Yet their wins mean they are now "prepared" and "battle hardened".. We coasted in to the GF so we won't know what hit us..

Yet... we smashed Pies by 76 point in 09 and we went on to win next wewk so a close hard game means nothing... the PF was a walk in the park compared with Eagles..

Malthouse Shmalthouse.

They can all have a cry and a big hug at the end of the game while our boys do their victory lap.

To think Collingwood will be more motivated than Geelong, and that it will make perform to a higher level than us, is rubbish.

SJ out maybe, Joel Corey very underdone and king of the clangers, ?? about Wojo and Bartel, Menzel missing, CS's 1st GF as coach, too old, end of an era after Saturday, we're playing Collingwood who have lost 2 games this year, AND WE'RE FAVOURITES???

SJ we don't know about yet, Corey had one game where he turned it over a few times, hardly makes him 'king of the clangers', Wojo and Jimmy are fine, Menzel a big loss, gotta grant you that one, CS's first GF, has no bearing on the outcome, end of an era after Saturday, said the same thing last year and look where we are now, no reason why we can't be thereabouts again next year, yep Pies have lost just two games but who were they both against, and we're favourites because our current form is better then their's.

:thumbsu:

Tweet from Scott Gullan:

gullanHeraldSun Scott Gullan

Stevie j gets through training plus extra competitive drills v t hunt...light bandage on knee #miraclecomeback

Disagree. It's a Grand Final, players shouldn't need anymore motivation for going hammer and tong and giving 110%. Geelong will be just as motivated and hard at it as Collingwood will.

There's just as much emotion on the Geelong side as their will be with Collingwood. If it were a h&a game, the MM emotion might come into it a little

Malthouse Shmalthouse.

They can all have a cry and a big hug at the end of the game while our boys do their victory lap.

To think Collingwood will be more motivated than Geelong, and that it will make perform to a higher level than us, is rubbish.

This, this and THIS!!

He better be fit if he plays, if he can't cover the ground like he normally does he'll be next to useless

I don't agree with that, I think if he plays exclusively inside 50 he's capable of kicking 2-3 goals even if not 100% fit.

I don't agree with that, I think if he plays exclusively inside 50 he's capable of kicking 2-3 goals even if not 100% fit.
I don't know. Really as much as his freak goalkicking is talked about, to me his elite attributes are his evasiveness and his endurance. Both will be hampered signifcantly if he is not 100%.

I don't know. Really as much as his freak goalkicking is talked about, to me his elite attributes are his evasiveness and his endurance. Both will be hampered signifcantly if he is not 100%.
I agree. I think we can all agree he isn't really a strong one-on-one overhead mark, and this would make him a pretty weak link in the forward 50 if he can't gain his normal flair and movement.

I would be satisfied with no goals as long as he draws O'Brien for a full game and not allow him to rebound. Collingwood have enough rebounders, we dont need to add O'Brien if he does not need to respect his opponent as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back