News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

How clear does this need to be spelled out for you?!

Goyder can speak to anything the AFL can control, such as investigating breaches of their training protocols.

Goyder can provide his opinion on why SA didn’t provide a FIFO exemption for players, but he can’t speak to knowing exactly why they made their decision.

Spurrier could not have been clearer in 3 different interviews last week about this issue, it did not factor into their decision, the reason an exemption wasn’t approved is because of Victoria’s current outbreak.

...and I'm trusting the opinion & comments by Richard Goyder.

There isn't many logical reasons why he would throw the SA Government under the bus by making false claims unless he believed/had experience that the SA decision was impacted by it. Why would Goyder's deliberately undermine Spurrier & the SA government's decision and lie to South Australian media?

Where did you hear this? Genuine question, seems to be a lot of stories going around.

Fair enough question.
Its how I heard he news announced back in early May, that SAPOL received information about a potential breach, followed by news the AFL were investigating the claim. Maybe the state perspective was mentioned first back not sure but that's how I heard of it.

I did a check just now and was surprised to find an article from "the Age" that stated SAPOL received information from AFC of a potential breach, and adds, as stated by SAPOL. If that report is correct it appears that either the AFC were first notified or AFL were first notified, before SAPOL. I see no reason for the Age to reverse the order so will accept that it quite possibly happened that way.

...and I'm trusting the opinion & comments by Richard Goyder.

There isn't many logical reasons why he would throw the SA Government under the bus by making false claims unless he believed/had experience that the SA decision was impacted by it. Why would Goyder's deliberately undermine Spurrier & the SA government's decision and lie to South Australian media?
He was speaking on Perth radio.

He was speaking on Perth radio.

Apologise--- minor mistake, the interview was then placed on 7 News Adelaide.

Still doesn't explain why Goyder said what he did when he would be wanting to get the SA Government on side to eventually allow this change. No one can provide a good reason as to why Goyder would make the statement he did.

The poster I responded to claimed the AFL acknowledged other breaches. This is simply not the case.

Im not sure why Crows supporters are pissed to be honest. They got caught breaching AFL rules and as a result got hit over the head with a wet lettuce leaf. What’s to bitch and moan about?

If other clubs have done it as well they will be exposed. But unfortunately the AFL have made a rod for their own back with the weak penalty applied to the Crows and any guilty team should expect the same treatment.

If anything Crows Fans should be pleased the media aren’t all over Nigel Smarts social media.
Believe you me there is a massive thread about this issue on our board. I haven't heard anything in the local media about it, which stuns me.

It will only me a matter of time before Caro finds out and overreacts, which would be JUST RIGHT.

Believe you me there is a massive thread about this issue on our board.

LOL. Believe you me I believe that there is. All in furious agreement I am sure.

But believe you me no one would ever go to your board to check out the real facts on what is happening at West Lakes.

LOL. Believe you me I believe that there is. All in furious agreement I am sure.

But believe you me no one would ever go to your board to check out the real facts on what is happening at West Lakes.
If by furious agreement that we are completely inept as a club, then yes, you would be sure.

But believe you me no Port supporter would ever go to your board to check out the real facts on what is happening at West Lakes.

There, I edited the last part for accuracy. Just for the record I am not interested on the goings on at Alberton either. Now, lets stay on topic shall we.

Apologise--- minor mistake, the interview was then placed on 7 News Adelaide.

Still doesn't explain why Goyder said what he did when he would be wanting to get the SA Government on side to eventually allow this change. No one can provide a good reason as to why Goyder would make the statement he did.
It was obviously a factor in his own mind, not the major one ('didn't help') but doesn't mean it was a factor in anyone else's thinking or was even brought up in conversations. He didn't ever say it was discussed. In fact there is direct evidence that it wasn't discussed by the SA Chief Medical Officer's own words. You're saying she lied which is preposterous.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back