Preview AFL Rd 22 - Collingwood v WCE - MCG Friday night - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

INS: Jolly, Seedsman, Didak
OUTS: Lynch, Sinclair, Macaffer

B - Maxwell Brown Williams
HB - Shaw Keeffe Seedsman
C - Beams Swan O'Brien
HF - Blair Cloke Sidebottom
F - Elliott Reid Grundy
R - Jolly Ball Pendlebury
INT - J.Thomas Dwyer Goldsack
SUB - Didak
oh use dwyer as a sub?

I've been a defender of Lynch, but he can't hold his spot based on last week's game.

In; Jolly, Didak, Seedsman
Out: Lynch, Dwyer, Sinclair (inj)

Didak as the sub.

Those stating Macaffer should be dropped amaze me. He played 2 cracking games on Heppell and Jack...then got touched up by Mitchell (although I don't think Mitchell was dominant in the 2nd and third quarters)

When Kennedy is elevated to the AFL he doesn't seem to be able to make the transition from VFL. He then adds to all the little people in our team who are too easily brushed aside by bigger bodies. I'd rather he does another pre-season before being again tried out against the best sides.

Agree with this. Should be depth only for the rest of this season. Needs another preseason

jarryd blair is easily the most underrated player in the team. does anyone actually watch his hardness and hustle and tackling? hes one 2 players who set the tone for the whole side. the other is luke ball. he is actually the epitome of the collingwood hunting in packs mentality.

anywho,

i wanna see the grundy/jolly experiment before finals arrive so cya lynch u crusty old man

aside from that seedsman in for sinclair and maaaybe didak in for dwyer or thomas, im guessing dwyer atm

I don't think anyone is questioning his hardness / commitment, but that is the only thing keeping him in the side.
Look at Hawthorn and Sydney, there hard in and under players also get allot of the ball. Like Luke Ball, averaging 8 more possessions and more tackles than Blair. Blair needs to get to that level.
He tries his best but height often hurts him, he cant really jump either. I was very surprised Pies website has Elliot listed at only 1 cm taller. I wouldn't think he was that short the way he plays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be against him getting a game against the Eagles, shit, Krakouer had heaps of chances and failed in all but one game.
I know you're not the biggest Krakouer fan but this is getting quite tiresome - he's only played 8 games for a start - only 40%. He basically won us that Geelong game with 3 goals, 2 in the last quarter when we couldn't buy a goal. When we were miles behind against Adelaide he basically brought us back into that game and kicked 3 in the second quarter when we needed them. Then he also kicked 2 against Freo when the whole team only kicked 10, and was reasonable against Brisbane and Carlton with 15 touches and a few shots in both. His only poor games have been against St Kilda - his first game of the year - and the Gold Coast one where he had one kick and was subbed off, and was rightfully dropped.

He hasn't had the greatest year, but saying "he's failed time and time again" is way off the mark.

I've been a defender of Lynch, but he can't hold his spot based on last week's game.

Didak as the sub.

Those stating Macaffer should be dropped amaze me. He played 2 cracking games on Heppell and Jack...then got touched up by Mitchell (although I don't think Mitchell was dominant in the 2nd and third quarters)
I don't think people want him out because of what Mitchell did Friday night , I think it's more that he has zero impact with the ball .

Didak as the sub.

Spot on if Sinclair not injured then I think Didak misses out??

Sinclair and Elliott will both miss according to Channel 7.

Jamie has done a hammy, while that shoulder injury seems certain to keep Sinclair out for a week.

PLAY DIDS.:thumbsu:

Sinclair and Elliott will both miss according to Channel 7.

Jamie has done a hammy, while that shoulder injury seems certain to keep Sinclair out for a week.

PLAY DIDS.:thumbsu:

I think Kennedy would be ahead of DIDS.

Guess it depends if Dids can do a Full week of Training

I think Kennedy would be ahead of DIDS.

Guess it depends if Dids can do a Full week of Training

Yeah, more likely Kennedy and Seedsman would be the two ins than Didak, but you never know.

I know you're not the biggest Krakouer fan but this is getting quite tiresome - he's only played 8 games for a start - only 40%. He basically won us that Geelong game with 3 goals, 2 in the last quarter when we couldn't buy a goal. When we were miles behind against Adelaide he basically brought us back into that game and kicked 3 in the second quarter when we needed them. Then he also kicked 2 against Freo when the whole team only kicked 10, and was reasonable against Brisbane and Carlton with 15 touches and a few shots in both. His only poor games have been against St Kilda - his first game of the year - and the Gold Coast one where he had one kick and was subbed off, and was rightfully dropped.

He hasn't had the greatest year, but saying "he's failed time and time again" is way off the mark.

Well the Cats performance was Good but he did Stuff all Before that.

I would not say he would do it every game. Does every once in awhile

Well the Cats performance was Good but he did Stuff all Before that.

I would not say he would do it every game. Does every once in awhile
Like I said: he had a quiet game vs St Kilda in round 6. Then he had 2 goals + 15 touches against Freo when we were smashed - then he won the game against Geelong.

No wonder he didn't do much before that - it was only his third game.

IN: Jolly, Didak, Seedsman
OUT: Lynch. Elliott. Sinclair

Would also like to make the change IN: Kennedy, OUT: Macaffer, but don't think it will happen.

Agree with those who say it is time to test a Jolly / Grundy combo. And against the best ruck combo in the AFL, the time is right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 22 - Collingwood v WCE - MCG Friday night - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back