Preview AFL Round 12 - Geelong v Carlton, Etihad Stadium, 7:50PM Friday 6 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what makes it worse is the booking fee to buy the ticket through ticketmaster - I have a seat for this game, but purchased an upgrade for the rnd 21 rematch, $8.50 for the ticket and $7 booking fee. I wasn't going to bother with it, but had some gift cards to use but had to call to use them because it was a membership upgrade, but through the phone the price went up over $17, meaning the booking fee was greater then the original ticket cost (they did honour their website price, but it is still b/s how much they charge).

Yeah stuff like that makes it a very simple decision for me - I just won't go.

Funny if he does , Hawk debuted against the Blues

The Smedts example shows Kersten should not play next week. Although I rate Kersten and think he is a good chance to be best 22 by year's end, he needs another few weeks at the lower level.

Walker should be in next week so much it is not funny.

The Smedts example shows Kersten should not play next week. Although I rate Kersten and think he is a good chance to be best 22 by year's end, he needs another few weeks at the lower level.

Walker should be in next week so much it is not funny.

Perhaps , but if I was going to pick someone fresh it would have been Kersten. We are on the clock ,he must play this year and if he has a good game this week Id strongly consider playing him. The truth is our forwardline looks that flaccid that you could bring both in.

But I wonder if they will do some sort of , it was too bad to be true and go again with the same bar injuries.

I know in such a small ground contested game both Motlop and Varcoe looked pedestrian. Not sure if they will remember this Ind round fondly

Perhaps , but if I was going to pick someone fresh it would have been Kersten. We are on the clock ,he must play this year and if he has a good game this week Id strongly consider playing him. The truth is our forwardline looks that flaccid that you could bring both in.

But I wonder if they will do some sort of , it was too bad to be true and go again with the same bar injuries.

I know in such a small ground contested game both Motlop and Varcoe looked pedestrian. Not sure if they will remember this Ind round fondly

I rate Kersten and I hope they do too but you need to pick players when in form.

Which is why Walker plays this week and Kersten can wait.

Get Smedts out and give Varcoe a rocket.

Simpson should be put back to the vfl too.

I rate Kersten and I hope they do too but you need to pick players when in form.

Which is why Walker plays this week and Kersten can wait.

Get Smedts out and give Varcoe a rocket.

Simpson should be put back to the vfl too.

See , ...as a I said if Kerstan plays well...then he has form.. He has been beating guys like Smedts and Bundy in sprints so he is fit.

Id drop Hmac , waste of a trade. Will not be anything more than someone that slows down our growth.

See , ...as a I said if Kerstan plays well...then he has form.. He has been beating guys like Smedts and Bundy in sprints so he is fit.

Id drop Hmac , waste of a trade. Will not be anything more than someone that slows down our growth.

Given there is no vfl game this week, Kersten can't show fitness, so no for me.

Completely disagree on the second bit, McIntosh has exceeded expectations and has been very good when in the ruck (it is not his fault they play him at CHF that is MC's fault)

And fitness wise he is way fitter than Dawson, which given he hasn't played for 3 years is an indictment on Simpson.

I think the latter is clearly the ruck who needs to go back to the vfl.

That said, with his injury history Hamish will be due for a preventative rest soon and the next few weeks would be the window to do it.

MC have already shown a penchant for shafting Brown, so they might as well prop him in there 'til Kersten is fit enough to warrant replacing him .. I think Walker is the (slightly) better option, but Brown compliments Hawkins better .. best case scenario, Brown fires (not out of the question - he has talent and I'd be stoked to see him turn it around) and Kersten has to wait it out in the VFL ..

I actually saw an incognito Mick Malthouse after work this afternoon - sunglasses, beanie - headphones (! not Dr Dre's Beats, I can report, just your average ipod headphones) - if I'd realised we had Carlton next week I might've pulled a 1935 Bob Pratt special on him :mad:
Oh the 1935 Bob Pratt jokes. Will they never get old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may be, I better go check it and get back to you.

I know with the Hawks game they made everyone upgrade even if you wanted standing room, and then had the debacle where they changed mind and offered GA on the day, hopefully it doesn't happen again this week.
Yep would much rather see seats left empty rather than the AFL lower prices and try and sell unsold tickets.

what makes it worse is the booking fee to buy the ticket through ticketmaster - I have a seat for this game, but purchased an upgrade for the rnd 21 rematch, $8.50 for the ticket and $7 booking fee. I wasn't going to bother with it, but had some gift cards to use but had to call to use them because it was a membership upgrade, but through the phone the price went up over $17, meaning the booking fee was greater then the original ticket cost (they did honour their website price, but it is still b/s how much they charge).

tis the greatest joke ever told.

completely agree, and it's a-reserve for both our matches against Carlton and we haven't had a crowd of 50k+ against the Blues at Etihad for a number of years.

Ah good, this again.

The whole Hawthorn game ticketing fiasco probably nailed the coffin shut for me. I already had an issue with having to pay on top of my membership but after "doing the right thing" for the Hawthorn match to have the AFL change the policy at the last minute annoyed me no end.

Since it is on Friday night in Docklands (as I work there) I might just try scanning in. If I get in, great, I guess I'll walk up to the nosebleed section or stand but if it doesn't work I'll just get on the train and go home (after making sure I set the PVR in the morning).

I hope we are in full rebuild mode now.

As I have been saying all year bring in Walker/Brown to play CHF, just no reason not to get games into them. Even if they are going to get delisted at least it keeps a good structure until Kersten/Vardy are ready.

Keep the 2 rucks, Simpson needs to develop.

I'd send Blicavs back to the VFL for structure but if they don't want to do that, then they should rest Lonners for another week (and routinely rest one of the KPDs)

If they still want to play 4 KPDs + Mackie, which is clearly stupid, then at least sub one off and let Simpson run out full games.

I think we have seen enough from Sheringham and Stringer, both should be replaced.

Smedts can go back to the VFL until he is fit.

Completely disagree on the second bit, McIntosh has exceeded expectations and has been very good when in the ruck (it is not his fault they play him at CHF that is MC's fault)

And fitness wise he is way fitter than Dawson, which given he hasn't played for 3 years is an indictment on Simpson.

I think the latter is clearly the ruck who needs to go back to the vfl.

Totally agree. McIntosh has proven to be a pleasant surprise this season. He's averaged 14 touches a game, 4 marks, and bobbed up with 5 goals. He's also averaging almost 18 hitouts a game which is far from disgraceful for a 2nd ruckman.

The problem is, the match committee have decided to play him as a 2nd tall forward a good deal of the time (Simpson as well), which severely limits our mobility and cripples our pace up forward. Simpson I hope can soak up from McIntosh where to run - he knows how to fill space and stay involved around the ground. Simpson is working hard, but doesn't yet have that knowledge or experience. Hopefully it comes in time.

But as large as my doubts were last year with McIntosh, I can't really fault him for the majority of this season. He's been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back