Game Day AFL Round 14 match discussion - Geelong v Fremantle (OPENS 6PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the?? Bundy's been one of our best IMO.
His decision making has been pretty awful with that last kick into the 50 I have to say.

harsh. perhaps not quite as clean with his disposal as he needs to be, but among our best

Probably because he has that last disposal I notice it more.

Rest assured, it will be euphoria in the C7 box if Fremantle get up. If we win, it will be barely concealed boredom, possibly contempt. Just win the game Geelong, a victory for the game itself if ever there was one. If Brain Taylor chokes on a pie as the siren goes to register a Geelong win, I'll call that a good night.

"They get so many games at their home ground" yeah no shit BT...

Still angry at Hunt for giving away 50.We cannot do that shit tonight even if he was unlucky with the free.

Apart from that we seemed to be well on top but gave them a few very easy goals which is pretty bloody annoying but if we can kick the first couple here in the 3rd we can hopefully get a roll on. First goal huge.
Agreed. They have been inhumanly clean around packs, while we've been sloppy. In space, we are clearly superior and still have the capacity to bang on 4 or 5 goals on a row. If we do that just once, it will be enough. Don't give them the ball; stick to this mantra and we win. They can't win enough of their own ball or convert it effectively enough to win. They kicked 4 straight that quarter, they won't manage that again.

"They get so many games at their home ground" yeah no shit BT...

Not as many as Freo or the Eagles get at their home ground, but BT would never admit that, would he?

Must admit I've liked big Dawson Simpson's work in the first half. Has been moving quite well for such a big bloke.
Sadly he fumbled a few crucial balls that eventually led to Fremantle goals but otherwise, he has been getting in the way nicely.

By the sounds of it I'm very lucky that the K-Rock call is in sync with AFL live TV. This half will be very interesting. The cats look like they may break it open if we start to run and carry and hit up leads.

I hope they don't get sucked in by Freo's niggling. Hit the ball hard and the rest will take care of it's self. Really looking for Selwood to lead this quarter. Smash em' Cats!

Must admit I've liked big Dawson Simpson's work in the first half. Has been moving quite well for such a big bloke.

Yep! Get's his hands on it. In the middle of packs that kinda thing! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. They have been inhumanly clean around packs, while we've been sloppy. In space, we are clearly superior and still have the capacity to bang on 4 or 5 goals on a row. If we do that just once, it will be enough. Don't give them the ball; stick to this mantra and we win. They can't win enough of their own ball or convert it effectively enough to win. They kicked 4 straight that quarter, they won't manage that again.

Like us they rely on opposition mistakes. But we have a few more arrows in our quiver!

Too many players getting caught up the ground, the only way they can kick goals is with all the space in their forward line.

We should run away with this but the undisciplined acts are hurting us.

and of course... at 1/2 time the coverage does their best to highlight every geelong player tackling a Freo player...

all " very seriously looked at " of course. Corey gets 6 replays. John hunt get 4. Selwood gets4.

Freo gets 1 replay when Stokes was beheaded.

Their ******* agenda's are appalling and it is just plain embarrassing.

Go Catters

Can already see it now - Zac Dawson - contact wasn't forceful enough to constitute a strike, even though Stokes was dazed and had to go off directly after it.

They'll nab Corey, Kelly and Selwood for a jab to Crowley's stomach though.

I've noticed something.

Can others please watch!!

Freo dont want the ball to go over the line.
I'm honestly not sure if the ball ever went over the line in the second quarter. In the first it happened a lot. it was almost 'kicking to touch' by the cats.

Keep an eye on it, and report in the post match thread please.

My gut feel is we need 10 boundary throw ins for us to win. Sounds crazy I know.
I would guess Lyon has instructed them to keep it in as maybe there ruckmen can't match Simpson / Blitz?

I must say I like the little interviews with Rosie and Sarah. :)
And it appears that half our board with end up with training or degree from Harvard! :thumbsu:

Fremantle are absolute shit. What a terrible, disgraceful football team. Lyon should be tapped on the shoulder by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute. 2005-06 wasn't pretty, but this is ridiculous.

Hope that's just emotion talking mate because that is a dead set stupid comment.

Selwood having another mediocre night. This is probably his worst season of football since his debut year. Would love to see the captain stand up in the second half.

Generally speaking, the portents aren't great here:

- Geelong inaccurate; Freo super-efficient.
- lack of discipline again hurting us badly.
- game being played on Freo's terms.

Can't take a trick! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back