Preview AFL Round 15 - Essendon v Geelong, Etihad Stadium, 7:10PM Saturday 2 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: bury them

Lol what are they basing this on? what has changed in the Essendon side that will make it any different to the to 71 point smashing they copped last time?. even without Selwood and ablett we will smash them....

Thanks for the Heads up MR Dog! GO CATS!!!

Even after tonight a few mates are suggesting that they will be smarting after tonight, eager to bounce back and will be far too quick for you and will run you out of the MCG.

I'm sure the club is focusing on Adelaide right now. The minute we don't is the game we unexpectedly drop.

The following week can wait till Sunday's done & dusted.

(Mind you, I'm travelling down from Sydney next weekend to be at Etihad on the Saturday night, so I am very much looking forward to it.)

:D

Even after tonight a few mates are suggesting that they will be smarting after tonight, eager to bounce back and will be far too quick for you and will run you out of the MCG.

Your mates are either very drunk or very stupid and don't know what they're saying.

Personally I am far more concerned with the Adelaide game. So many changes.

By the following week, if we have no new injuries, we should get back players from suspension and injury. I think then the Ess. game will be good for the Cats. But that is another week. need to wait and see what happens this week first.

Personally I am far more concerned with the Adelaide game. So many changes.

By the following week, if we have no new injuries, we should get back players from suspension and injury. I think then the Ess. game will be good for the Cats. But that is another week. need to wait and see what happens this week first.

This sort of post is a brilliant example of why I respect so many of the regular participants on this particular forum.

No arrogance, no b.s., and no disrespect to our immediate opponents. It also seems to be the guiding mantra of this great club.

It's posts like this that continually reinforce to me why I was always meant to be a Catter, even though I am not Geelong born.

Essendon have far too many ORDINARY players, for them to even think they can match up well against us is insane. Watched parts of the game tonight, their big men Ryder and Hille are nothing but plodders, Vardy will clean them up next week.

Bigfooty does drag the footy smarts outta some people doesn't it? :rolleyes:

That has got to be the most pathetic thing I have heard. Bombers supporters, whose team was flushed by the DAWKS of all people, WITHOUT BUDDY, think they have a chance against us - the greatest team in the comp by a mile?

8401212.jpg

Bombers aren't playing any better now than they were under Knights, and we smashed them every time we played them then. In fact, they have been one of the teams which have been unable to even get close to us over the last few years.

As long as the players don't show Bomber and his team the same love they showed Ablett and the GC, we should be fine. We've changed the way we play, so I don't think Thompson's presence will give them any tactical edge.

It's an Essendon home game, fully-ticketed, at Jihad I think...

I sure as hell hope so: my tickets for that game are certainly for Jihad. Could be a cunning plan though to save being booed by their own: have the crowd at Jihad but the players at the G. And some bloke called Matty Knights at KP.

And the offending thread on the Bombers' board has been locked. It seems they were getting a tad embarressed by it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bah, seems like desperate fans clinging to a faint thread of hope as they slip away from the top eight. A drubbing from the dawks and the fact they'll be on very shaky ground top eight wise if they lose to the catters should be motivation enough for good sides, but they're playing rubbish at the moment.

I hope that they do run us out at the MCG ctrain07 because we will be at Etihad drubbing our heels waiting for them. Game over. See ya Bomber(s).

Projected changes

OUT: Motlop, Chapman, Menzel, Hawkins, Simpson

IN: Stokes, Bartel, Kelly, Vardy, Ottens

Menzel and Chapman injured/rested the others omitted

Projected changes (early I know):

Out: Gillies Motlop Simpson Hawkins Menzel (soreness) Chapman (soreness)
In: Ottens Vardy Kelly Bartel Stokes JHunt

Bundy's the only one of those brought in who is certain to stay in. Byrnes I'd like to see stay in to develop his match fitness and see if he can find some form. Gillies is obvious as I don't see the need for 4 tall defenders, Simpson is unlucky but if Ottens and Vardy are fit Vardy offers more as a forward so that is our combo (although I'd be very happy to play Dawson if Otto needs another rest). Chappy looked a bit sore so maybe a week off for him and Menzel's cramping maybe indicates similar. Hawkins wasn't woeful but he didn't leapfrog Vardy so he goes out unless Pods needs a rest, which I wouldn't mind to see happen before we go to Subi. Brown might get another run.

Is it maybe worthwhile pointing out that the only person to believe this supposed 'we will win' arrogance isn't even a Dons supporter??
FFS, have half a clue at least.

Will be messy IMHO. We were going poorly 2 weeks ago and since then we've lost 3 of our blokes who actually have been producing regularly. Messy.

really want to see Mitch Brown get another game, motlop too but understand some will go with the inclusions this week. gotta keep chappy in for the bombers game. he has a habit of tearing the bombers a new one everytime he plays them!
im sure there will be another "general soreness" exclusion though. smithy and trav have played every game this year, maybe one of those two? despite both being in great form last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back