Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v North Melbourne, Simonds Stadium, 3:20PM Sunday 26 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss the upcoming game here.

Coming off a great win but at a cost with Bartel, Stokes and Lonergan all unlikely and Mackie unlikely to be ready to come back.
Playing against a very good opponent but one who is also injury hit.
Will be a big game.

The boys will need every bit of the 7 day break all except Murdoch that is,back to the two's to find himself,not his fault of cause he doesn't pick the side, somebody should be reamed for that decision.
So out could be Lonergan,Bartel,Stokes,Murdoch and I reckon SJ is carrying that neck from last week and may be forced to rest it,also doubtful we will see Big Tom.
Good luck with the meat tray this week boys and girls.

The boys will need every bit of the 7 day break all except Murdoch that is,back to the two's to find himself,not his fault of cause he doesn't pick the side, somebody should be reamed for that decision.
So out could be Lonergan,Bartel,Stokes,Murdoch and I reckon SJ is carrying that neck from last week and may be forced to rest it,also doubtful we will see Big Tom.

SJ was also definitely limping when down forward in Q2.

Sounds like Bartel is definitely out, Stokes ditto and Lonergan would have to pass a concussion test, given we prioritise player safety, I think he won't play.
Walker has to stay in even if Hawkins is back. Roos are tall up forward so we will need Blitz back with Clark as 2nd ruck, or Rivers back in, or both.
I think Murdoch was pretty poor but the number of forced outs may save him as they may not want too many more kids in the side than we have already (although Blease is not exactly a kid but he is still a new player).

Out: Lonergan (conc), Bartel (knee), Stokes (ankle), Murdoch (omit)
In: Hawkins, Rivers, GHS/Smedts, Blease

I would bring GHS back in with Bartel out but we did look faster on the spread again so they may look to keep that sort of balance, in which case Murdoch might stay in or Smedts will come back in.

Do we think they will drop Murdoch after they brought him in? Smells a bit like Smedts last year.

Sounds like Bartel is definitely out, Stokes ditto and Lonergan would have to pass a concussion test, given we prioritise player safety, I think he won't play.
Walker has to stay in even if Hawkins is back. Roos are tall up forward so we will need Blitz back with Clark as 2nd ruck, or Rivers back in, or both.
I think Murdoch was pretty poor but the number of forced outs may save him as they may not want too many more kids in the side than we have already (although Blease is not exactly a kid but he is still a new player).

I would bring GHS back in with Bartel out but we did look faster on the spread again so they may look to keep that sort of balance, in which case Murdoch might stay in or Smedts will come back in.

I think Smedts is a more likely In than Blease if they drop Murdoch.

If the MC are true to form they will drop Walker next week for Kersten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough though it will be , I guess we would like to discuss next weeks match ...let it rip

Who will come in for Bartel , Stokes and Lonergan ????
I think the real issue for Lonergan is whether they bring in Rivers or Kolo - they have to bring in another tall, because given that North play with Petrie, Waite and Brown, you don't want to expose an undersized defender left-over on Brown. I think they have to bring Kolo in on the simple measure that you judge promotion chances by VFL performances - and last week, Kolo was best-on-ground.

GHS comes in for Bartel, no sweat, easy swap. Stokes probably swaps for Smedts, I know we want to see Dean Gore but I get the feeling that the flexibility would be useful. Murdoch is the one whose place may be in jeopardy due to poor performance this week - he may be ousted for Gore.

Finally, the other question is what happens if Hawkins comes back? It seems crazy to drop Walker after four goals - but I think that might just be life, otherwise we'll be too top-heavy.

He stayed on with that compressed neck injury last week he perhaps should have missed today.

Then thats what im saying.... they are past the time when that should be asked of them. Trust the list. We picked it , do not ask injured players to play hampered to cover our deficiencies when they are past 30.

If Lonners is out then Rivers comes in and plays FB and Blitz plays third tall and helps our Rivers when he can.

I think the real issue for Lonergan is whether they bring in Rivers or Kolo - they have to bring in another tall, because given that North play with Petrie, Waite and Brown, you don't want to expose an undersized defender left-over on Brown. I think they have to bring Kolo in on the simple measure that you judge promotion chances by VFL performances - and last week, Kolo was best-on-ground.

GHS comes in for Bartel, no sweat, easy swap. Stokes probably swaps for Smedts, I know we want to see Dean Gore but I get the feeling that the flexibility would be useful. Murdoch is the one whose place may be in jeopardy due to poor performance this week - he may be ousted for Gore.

Finally, the other question is what happens if Hawkins comes back? It seems crazy to drop Walker after four goals - but I think that might just be life, otherwise we'll be too top-heavy.

Maybe , I think with the experience of Lonergan out they will opt for Rivers... but id like to see them as brave as your inclination.

So one of your concerns is Norths three tall,but if we do something similar we're to tall.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back