Preview RD 21 Geelong V Crows Sat Aug 3 2024 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkins should come straight in and maybe Stanley for SDK, I don’t think Knevitt should come in, I’m keen to see Ted get a full run.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we expect to do anything at all in September, we simply must win against the Craas, Saints, and Weagles. None of them are much chop. And none of them possess a really deep and talented midfield, which is clearly our kryptonite at this point.

On that basis, this simply has to be a win. And if we start well and show some real intent, the Camrys should be looking for the final siren long before it looms up on the horizon. We can make it hard for ourselves by giving them some momentum early. Or we can make the latter parts of this game more comfortable by starting with some energy and taking the wind out of their sails before they even get going. I slightly fear we'll offer the former but really hope to see the latter.

First game for me at the ground since my son and I sat through the embarrassment that was Round 20 last season against the Shockers. An effort like that one will make this a long afternoon; a proper respect for the game and our opponents will see our class at both ends tell against a fairly mediocre unit.

IN: Tuohy, Atkins, Knevitt
OUT: Bews, Rohan, Stengle

Cats by 37.

"Fremantle and Geelong also have strong clearance profiles since round 12, ranking fifth and sixth. Fremantle have four players in the top 28 for total clearances over the course of the season, while Geelong have a more even spread of contributors."

Even though our midfield has mostly improved (however the Bulldogs game was horrible; NM game looked bad because of the types of clearances we conceded), this still surprised me

Ranked 3rd best without the footy over the same period doesn't surprise me - it has become a strength again.

They conclude with Hawthorn, Bulldogs and Sydney (despite their slump) being the three with a "premiership profile" currently. While "Geelong, Carlton, GWS, Fremantle and Brisbane are all top four contenders and tough to split".

Maybe we aren't as bad as we think but at times we can look like a bottom 2 team.

They conclude with Hawthorn, Bulldogs and Sydney (despite their slump) being the three with a "premiership profile" currently. While "Geelong, Carlton, GWS, Fremantle and Brisbane are all top four contenders and tough to split".

Squiggle has Bulldogs Swans and Lions in the "Premiership Profile"

Surprisingly Blues don't rate either : Attacking or Defensively

Squiggle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Fremantle and Geelong also have strong clearance profiles since round 12, ranking fifth and sixth. Fremantle have four players in the top 28 for total clearances over the course of the season, while Geelong have a more even spread of contributors."

Even though our midfield has mostly improved (however the Bulldogs game was horrible; NM game looked bad because of the types of clearances we conceded), this still surprised me

Ranked 3rd best without the footy over the same period doesn't surprise me - it has become a strength again.

Maybe we aren't as bad as we think but at times we can look like a bottom 2 team.
Yeah the strength in clearances surprises me too.

I would want to put together a reel of those clearances though for both us and the teams around us. Do a count of the second disposal in sequence. How many are unpressured kicks inside 50 in space, or uncontested to uncontested possession, and how many second possessions are hack kicks, long to contests or direct turnovers.

The Crows are at that stage where they win games you never think they have a hope in, and lose games you think they should win. So, this is a dangerous game, and the Cats will need to play their best to get the points. With the top eight so tight, we have to win the winnable games coming up (like this one), as the Freo game might be a loss. If we can get 3 wins in the last 4 games, then that should get us in the finals. Who'd a thought we'd have a season where 15 wins might only get you 5th & 6th on the ladder? Crazy season.

Hi there; fantasy question. Is there any way of knowing if SDK will ruck for this game? Should I assume if Neale is playing SDK won't ruck? (SDK is quite good in Fantasy if he rucks, and awful if he's playing key defender).

Yeah the strength in clearances surprises me too.

I would want to put together a reel of those clearances though for both us and the teams around us. Do a count of the second disposal in sequence. How many are unpressured kicks inside 50 in space, or uncontested to uncontested possession, and how many second possessions are hack kicks, long to contests or direct turnovers.

We are still getting done in the clearance differential most weeks:

1722404883455.png

We are still getting done in the clearance differential most weeks:

View attachment 2064494
Well sadly it is the old it is what it is.
We simply don't have the assets this year.
But Scotty is the best coach in it IMO, despite the odd howler, and he is clearly a great chess player.
That CS has managed to get us in the mix bigly with a soso MF is amazing.
Having said that I am loving what the MF guys are doing against all of the odds.
Axe (the heartbeat IMO), Max, Bowes, TB, Jye. And when Danger is on he is, aptly, danger.

Not sure of the veracity of a report that the game may be shifted elsewhere, due to surface condition.
The same source who gave us plumbing drainage errors when the JS stand was built.
Surely a rumour considering logistics? IDK but don't shoot the messenger.
Please! We'd have to reorganise lunch arrangements and that would be much displeasing! 🙃

Rohan and Stengle will miss
Atkins and Tuohy will return
Bews to stay another week
Clark for Clohesy as SUB
Tuohy HB > Holmes to wing
Atkins MF > Mannagh HF

Please! We'd have to reorganise lunch arrangements and that would be much displeasing! 🙃

We're good to go, the blowers have done their work.
My only concern now is that the team are hot and the Chandon is cold.
And that Zouz Kitty doesn't suffer post game Hamstring Tightness.

If that's what we"re calling it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back