Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v Richmond, Simonds Stadium, 1:10PM Sunday 22 April

Predict the winner and margin

• Geelong by 49+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong by 25-48

• Geelong by 1-24

• Draw

• Richmond by 1-24

• Richmond by 25-48

• Richmond by 49+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the pot shots guys.

We have to accept the following.
Cats supporters are going to be ships in the night over the next 24 months.

Some think we will never slide.
Some are concerned.
Some think we are gone.

Some of us remember stuff that happened many years ago. That doesn't make it relevant to today.
Our previous pain as supporters doesn't enter the current scenario of success.

And some haven't been through that pain. So they don't understand the other angle.
We're all different.

One thing is certain. The club. Which is great. Is now being tested, again....

But let's hold off on the pot shots. Save that for the Hawks supporters when they come here.

I'd go with Martin because he's deceptively tall, quick and more importantly...he hurts you on the scoreboard.

I get Corey to run with him all day as he has the tank, strength and length to match him aerially and is also a terrific chop out player with those inspector gadget-like arms of his.

Cotchin will be too bust trying to keep Richmond in the game but limit Martin's scoring and they are going to be feeling it as Riewoldt is likely only going to have 5 or 6 genuine chances in front of goal.

I'd go with Martin because he's deceptively tall, quick and more importantly...he hurts you on the scoreboard.

I get Corey to run with him all day as he has the tank, strength and length to match him aerially and is also a terrific chop out player with those inspector gadget-like arms of his.

Cotchin will be too bust trying to keep Richmond in the game but limit Martin's scoring and they are going to be feeling it as Riewoldt is likely only going to have 5 or 6 genuine chances in front of goal.

I would have gone with Corey as well, but have concerns about his knees and fitness and speed. ? Bundy,? Duncan.

Stop the pot shots guys.

Some are concerned.
Some think we are gone.

Some of us remember stuff that happened many years ago. That doesn't make it relevant to today.

And some haven't been through that pain. So they don't understand the other angle.
We're all different.

But let's hold off on the pot shots. Save that for the Hawks supporters when they come here.

Top post VC

As someone that has seen a few seasons of footy , I know no club , no team stays up forever. What we should all be proud of is the way the club is acting now at the end of this current era is close.

We are not acting like a greedy , self absorbed entity where its all about the now. It would be ohh so easy to try to top up , get some good ordinaries to fill holes and sacrifice the future in the hope of scraping up another flag. Eg . Mitch Clarke.

No we are blooding a heap of kids while playing our champs , we are going to trust our judgement and process and get games into our future stars. Yes there will be mistakes , yes we will look inconsistent but they know how we built a list last time and it was not thru short cuts and pain free match results.

Not thats its all over. Its still quite possible that we could be dancing when the music stops , its early days yet and if any of the newbies come on to be more than just a Rookie it will takes us a long way again. If he gets the support Bartel is still the best finals player in the League.

And if it doesn't happen , just try to enjoy the ride. For the some who have not been here before , just try to suck it up , look for glimpses of what will be , while remembering what has been. Lets not harangue each other with disrespectful dialogue . Lets keep united.

We are Geelong

Stop the pot shots guys.

Some are concerned.
Some think we are gone.

We're all different.

good post.

This is just a massive game. Absolute must win if we're going to make top 4. Our team just looks horribly weak compared to what we could be at our best. J Hunt and Stokesy are good ins but I've got no confidence that they'll be anywhere near their best. Kelly out is a huge loss with our midfield being down in general. Even more pressure on Bartel and Selwood unless Corey and Chappy can rediscover their best form.

Genuinely nervous about this one because Richmond are dangerous. I still think at our best we're a top 4 team at least but we're miles off that. Personally I can't believe the tigers are $5.50 for the win. If I wasn't a cats fan I'd have a little on that.

We need a win tomorrow no doubt to set us on the right path it is a fine balance to peak at the right time and also make sure we have enough wins.
Last season we won a lot of close games at the start of the year that we could have easily lost.

Things haven't gone exactly to plan this year but a win tomorrow with a number of senior to come back over the next 3-4 weeks we will be ok.

Just have to win enough games to make the eight and hopefully make the top 4 and we will give the premiership a good crack.

Home and away form only counts for so much though look at Brisbane during their run. And no matter how good a team is at any stage even finals (Geelong in 89) it doesn't mean you win the big one.

Should be a good day at KP tomorrow and another chance to see some young cats in action.

Good posts catsB2B and footy smarts

This is just a massive game. Absolute must win if we're going to make top 4. Our team just looks horribly weak compared to what we could be at our best. J Hunt and Stokesy are good ins but I've got no confidence that they'll be anywhere near their best. Kelly out is a huge loss with our midfield being down in general. Even more pressure on Bartel and Selwood unless Corey and Chappy can rediscover their best form.

Genuinely nervous about this one because Richmond are dangerous. I still think at our best we're a top 4 team at least but we're miles off that. Personally I can't believe the tigers are $5.50 for the win. If I wasn't a cats fan I'd have a little on that.

They are unrealistic odds. The Tiges are a tiny bit shorter at Centrebet at $5.

It’s not in my DNA to bet against my team, so I fully concur with you that we should let the Tigers faithful and the non partisans take the odds. Still feel confident we’ll bounce back. We are a very proud club that has been stung. Keep the faith mate.:)

Sorry I have to disagree. Corey is in horrible form and has never been good at shutting an opponent down (not a criticism, he's been brilliant at winning the ball).

To me the answer is obvious. Taylor Hunt did well on Martin for a quarter during our terrible NAB Cup game - and that's when Martin was starring. Warrants first crack tomorrow I would think.

As others have said, we've got to win the ball ourselves too to have any chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh Poodle seems a likely candidate but he will really be needed down back pocket to give us drive from the backline because Foley, Nahas and Conca have been good with their defensive pressure being the smaller blokes with plenty of zip.

I wouldn't even think it's Geelong who need to pay attention to them as it will be the opposite.
If Bundy can really be on top of his game early on then it's going to allow Duncan to sit just a little outside to be that impact player of pumping the ball in quickly and long.
Of course Corey, Selwood and Bartel wil give us the usual 20 odd disposals (10 contested) but just as long Bundy can get his 20 odd disposals, we will go a long way to winning this one.

Corey is in horrible form

I wouldn't call 21 disposals (9 contested), 5 tackles, 3.7 clearances horrible.

He's definitely not playing his best football at this early stage of the year being RD3 but he does do a considerable amount of dirty work which gets unnoticed and for me...he's a good match-up.

If Geelong lose to Richmond at Simonds Stadium on Sunday, arguably one of the greatest teams in the history of football VS a side that has struggled for a decade to even feature in the finals, it will well & truly be an end of an era.

For a starters, our backline is 10 folds better than theirs (even without scarlett)
Our forward line is definately better. Jpod & Hawkins are currently 1 & 2 for the race of the coleman medal just in case people haven't noticed. Then you got Stevie J running around and lets not forget Chappy, who might be a bit down on form, but he had the best ever preseason of his career i heard - write him off at your perlious. Thats a pretty awesome forward line if u ask me, richmonds doesnt even compare.
Richmond hasn't got a bad midfield but last time i checked we still go bartel, kelly, corey, selwood. We at least break even in the midfield, if not beat them. our rucks are crap, but there's is no better.

So many people pushing the panic button after 1 tiny loss to Nth Melbourne, geeezzz.... chillax!
Over the past 5 years, we've lost to middle range teams and bounced back to go on to feature in grand finals.

lol tsk tsk tsk, so much lack of faith cats supporters..
such a shame, so many of u are going to have egg on your face come Sunday afternoon. I can nearly guarantee the cats will come out blazing in the first 10 minutes of the game and instantly put richmond under the pump, they won't know what hit them.

Cats by 80 odd for mine.

Hope you're right - but I think a lot on here assume the Cats of 2012 just continue on doing what they did before in 07-11. Team of 12 is quite a bit different (no Otto, Scarlo, Ling, Dasher, etc....). Some great young talent for sure but that doesn't equal the experience and game time together of the guys we have lost. Will be an interesting game on Sunday and might give us better insight as to how we are really travelling in 2012. A loss by any margin should start some alarms ringing I would have thought.

I wouldn't call 21 disposals (9 contested), 5 tackles, 3.7 clearances horrible.

He's definitely not playing his best football at this early stage of the year being RD3 but he does do a considerable amount of dirty work which gets unnoticed and for me...he's a good match-up.

Check out how many times he burnt the ball though. By hand OK by foot he wasted it.

Today he should make amends.

Check out how many times he burnt the ball though. By hand OK by foot he wasted it.

Today he should make amends.

Don't single people out.

Our whole team was absolutely shit by foot for the majority of the North game.

Couldn't count the amount of turnovers

Don't single people out.

Our whole team was absolutely shit by foot for the majority of the North game.

Couldn't count the amount of turnovers

During that North game, a lot of the players seemed to have lost their skills, their kicking was poor, they were dropping marks, missing handballs. So i was just thinking, maybe during the week after the Hawthorn game, the guys didn't train as much and do a lot of ball-type drills, instead they were recovering and getting their body's right?? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back