Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v Richmond, Simonds Stadium, 1:10PM Sunday 22 April

Predict the winner and margin

• Geelong by 49+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong by 25-48

• Geelong by 1-24

• Draw

• Richmond by 1-24

• Richmond by 25-48

• Richmond by 49+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Home game finally

Danger game. No Kelly, no rebound speed from the backline either.

I reckon Scott may rest a starter every as he did this week with Kelly.
Rather than do what teams (genuine top 6 sides) predictably will do later in the season, we could be employing that tactic already even without securing the wins and I think it would be another master class move.

Cats aren't going to lose this game Yid :thumbsu: They will be sending of some champions in style and you can bet our attack on the footy will be kamikaze and it's just going to prove overbearing for Richmond in the end.

I say by 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter, Richmond will know they can't do it and will just fold and allow a quick surge of goals which will be the difference.
I'm tipping the Cats by 51 points.

I reckon Scott may rest a starter every as he did this week with Kelly.
Rather than do what teams (genuine top 6 sides) predictably will do later in the season, we could be employing that tactic already even without securing the wins and I think it would be another master class move.

Cats aren't going to lose this game Yid :thumbsu: They will be sending of some champions in style and you can bet our attack on the footy will be kamikaze and it's just going to prove overbearing for Richmond in the end.

I say by 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter, Richmond will know they can't do it and will just fold and allow a quick surge of goals which will be the difference.
I'm tipping the Cats by 51 points.

I hope you're right brother!

I hope you're right brother!

really should be no doubt as we have much bigger fish to fry so this one needs to be fairly comprehensive and I'm confident it will be but really hoping we just get through these games injury free first and foremost.
Love seeing these new kids playing as well and they are going to learn a hell of a lot on Sunday as I'm sure the veterans will know teams like Richmond enjoy reading about themselves and what they managed to do to Geelong recently in the preseason.

I don't think the club would want a big win to show outsiders they are still dominant but more so to make the Richmond players realize they were not totally focused a couple of months back and we got players who would really want to hold their spot in the team as Wojcinski, Hunt and Scarlett are wanting to return so their shouldn't be any let up from that point of view.

RE Orren, ill play other side of the coin. :eek:

Rather than think he was dropped bc of bad form, I reckon it might be because of the poor form of Chapman, Kelly, Corey, Stokes, Byrnes etc. (not all the time or all at once, but overall the group is down)

Because Westy has been serviceable in the centre and around the ground,but our clearances and contested ball have been poor in terms of numbers and effectiveness, they have removed Orren to create a place for another mid..
Stringer, Hypen, motlop (he's already in). etc

Especially with Kelly out, just seems to be more of a reflection on what others are doing ( or not as the case may be) than what Orren is.

Kind of backward thinking I know but it is about the team balance not how many games Orren gets.

Asks a lot of Westy either way....Of course, it all goes to hell if Westy is stuffed and can't win a tap but you get my point...

Go Catters..

Proactive move by the.club to elevate and play stringer. We need contestd ball so strong decision to drop O and play the extra grunt. Getting Hunt into the backline will also toughen us up a little and keep our structures tight.
Not our strongest side, but a good one nonetheless.

what is this Stringer like? Any comparisons? Will see him Sunday at game, but what is there to look forward to with him? Can not recall seeing much of him last year in the VFL.

T Hunt, Mackie, J Hunt bullet passes, some speed anyway. Josh is a critical player for us, his disposals are unique. And Gillies is pretty quick too.

I think it'll be a pretty close game, Cats by 26pts in the end, Tigers will give us a scare a couple of times on Sunday.

I think this game will give us some insight of how much of the poor form against North was due to lack of motivation versus the toll of time on ageing bodies.

I think this week, after everything that's been said by the players, coach and in the press, that the boys will be fired up to play as hard as they can and win. So given that, the question is whether their bodies and skills are up to it. I'm hoping that the answer is yes, but we'll know by the end of tomorrow.

Keep in mind we are playing a team that, bar one great quarter, looked even-stevens with the Dees, and hasn't given us a shakedown in 6 years. Tigers are getting better, slowly, but are nowhere near the Cats, even with so many youngsters in the team.

I hope you're right James.
That wouldn't bode well for the Tigers if it is the case.
We'll know soon enough.

And I thought the 3 games of Nab cup vs the Cats, rnd 1 vs Carlton, and rnd 2 vs the Pies all had merit in different forms.

If I was a Tigers supporter I wouldn't be too disappointed in any of those efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the biggest stuff up of all time if we fail to make top four. :)

I've no doubt Kelly is injured, with the number of senior players aleady missing it would be folly to rest someone of his quality, especially just four weeks into the season.

For the first time in almost five years feel a little apprehensive against a middle of the road side like the Tigers, lot of quality missing and a couple of our veterans looking somewhat off the pace as well.

Still feel that after last week's wake up call we'll see a big lift in intensity tomorrow, and our class will get us home "fairly" comfortably in the end, if not it's time to do what some wise person posted around here somewhere, break out the GF DVD's, crack open a bottle and toast the end of a wonderful era.
Stay in touch by winning our next three [ as we should ] by which time we'll be somewhere near full strength, and maybe we can keep that bottle on ice until September.

Cats by around twenty five points.

I'm with you Cattery. They just need to hang in there.

Geelong reminds me of my supercoach team.

A few injuries and reports.
I have to play way too many kids who are servicable. But they are not the grunt of my side.

A number of premiums who are down on output.

I'm hoping they lift and the other players come back in to give me depth.
But what I am worried about is that while I'm waiting for all of this to happen where will I be if more premiums go down?

I'll feel like i'm on a treadmill. Same goes with the cats.

Cats by around twenty five points.

only a 4 goal win?

geez'...I won't be too pleased if we win by that amount because I seen all of Richmond's matches and even last week they were beaten by Melbourne for a half of footy and it took a scintillating 3rd quarter to turn the game on it's head.

They will be very fortunate to be only 25 points down at half time.

only a 4 goal win?

geez'...I won't be too pleased if we win by that amount because I seen all of Richmond's matches and even last week they were beaten by Melbourne for a half of footy and it took a scintillating 3rd quarter to turn the game on it's head.

I'd be rapt to get just a win - I think a few here are taking a hell of a lot for granted. Richmond aren't that bad anymore.

I'd be rapt to get just a win - I think a few here are taking a hell of a lot for granted. Richmond aren't that bad anymore.

nahh man just been tired of hearing our supporters crap on about how our midfield is now behind the rest, our team is on the slide and that Richmond are going to be good enough to keep the game close.

I think a few will be surprised by the performance of the boys tomorrow and hopefully settle the nerves of those who were quick to judge them after the poor showing last weekend against the Roos.

only a 4 goal win?

Somebody's been spoiled there's nothing wrong with a 4 goal win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back