Preview AFL Round 4 teams - Collingwood v Richmond: Friday MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood
B:
Heath Shaw, Chris Tarrant, Alan Toovey
HB: Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Nick Maxwell (c)
C: Andrew Krakouer, Luke Ball, Dale Thomas
HF: Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Scott Pendlebury (vc)
F: Steele Sidebottom, Leigh Brown, Travis Cloke
Fol: Cameron Wood, Dane Swan, Alan Didak
Int: Ben Johnson, Jarryd Blair, Sharrod Wellingham, Leon Davis

Emg: John McCarthy, Tyson Goldsack, Brad Dick

In: Wood
Out: Jolly (knee soreness)

Richmond
B: Chris Newman, David Astbury, Reece Conca
HB: Brett Deledio, Will Thursfield, Jake Batchelor
C: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards
HF: Jake King, Tyrone Vickery, Shaun Grigg
F: Bradley Helbig, Jack Riewoldt, Bachar Houli
Foll: Angus Graham, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley
Int: Matthew White, Robin Nahas, Dylan Grimes, Brad Miller

Emg: Shane Tuck, Matt Dea, Ben Nason

In: Will Thursfield, Brad Miller
Out: Daniel Connors (Leg), Mitch Morton

Pretty much what the Presser Said

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/111662/default.aspx

Re: Team vs Tigers RD 4

Wood would be happy he's got an opportunity this early, now all he needs to do is make the most of it.

Wood's best senior footy has been as the #1 ruck, hopefully he performs. Wouldn't mind seeing an emergency come in (don't care who for), just to see them have a run.

I'm betting that Sharrod is the reserve this week. Leon should get a run and Blair and Johnno played too well last week not to play.

The three emergencies were the best of a bad bunch from the VFL last week - other than Wood who probably deserved to play this week. Dicky will probably get an opportunity in the next week or so, but McCarthy will need to tidy up his mistakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So where is Macaffer these days? Is he injured?
Nah, played in the VFL last week, just didn't do enough to get back in.

I see the emergencies as this;

McCarthy; Could play if a midfielder doesn't come up
Goldsack; Will play if Toovey doesn't come up
Dick; Could play if any forward doesn't come up

:)

So where is Macaffer these days? Is he injured?

Dropped after mediocre form. Missed a fair bit of preseason with what is suspected to be OP.

Goldsack has to be a chance to replace Toovey given his injury query.

One of the most interesting things to watch for this week will be how Cameron Wood goes.

He appears to enjoy first ruck a lot more then second ruck, so here's his chance.

Will he be competetive in the hitouts ( suspect he will be) but will he have a go around the ground??

Also, how will the other players react to his presence...possibly change their tactics or demeanour having him around, rather than the trusted, steady influence of Jolly ( even if he hasn't been playing his best...it's still Darren Jolly out there, which gives comfort and confidence to the rest of the team. Jolly has built up a massive bank of 'confidence credits' with his teammates...whereas Wood hasn't.)

I firmly believe the thing about being as strong as your weakest link, and we haven't had a weak link anywhere the past season or so, except maybe when Leon was out of touch and confidence.

But Wood is a potential massive weak link, insofar as lack of desperation and endeavour, and I think has been in many games in the past. That attitude can spread like a disease.

IMO, it's crucial that this guy step up and show his teammates that he is 100% committed like every other player has done.

There is no physical reason that he cannot be a very good player for us, some of his tapwork is sensational, he can take a mark and kick OK around the ground and for goal.

Cameron Wood with Daisy's endeavour = possible very good ruckman for years to come.

Cameron Wood with recent endeavour = major concern, Ceglar inherits from Jolly, delisted.

Does he have the pills for it.... cannot wait to find out.

Being a TV watcher, let alone the customary three hour delay in Perth, I'd really appreciate someone who's going to the game, to keep a bit of an eye on his off ball, around the ground work, that won't be seen on TV and then posting something in the appropriate section of the Good Bad and Ugly thread!!

Go Pies.

Re: AFL Round 4 teams - Collingwood v Richmond

Dropped after mediocre form. Missed a fair bit of preseason with what is suspected to be OP.

Goldsack has to be a chance to replace Toovey given his injury query.

Love to see the Sack come in, like the way he plays and what he adds to the team.

Tooves had ice on the back of his knee ( lower hammy, upper calf) either way strain way more likely than a cork in that area.

Need Tooooves' pace for Bombers, maybe sensible to rest him give a game to Goldy, or get Sharrod in who may be the sub otherwise??

I don't think Toooooooooooooooooovvves will play. Ice on the lower hammy is not a good sign after last week games.

I've got a feeling we may give JMac a game and Leon plays in defence in Toooooooooooooves role.

Wellers to be the sub this week.

I think the ice on Toovey's leg was a pretty regular thing. You see a lot of the guys after the match in the changerooms with ice strapped to their legs. Toovey got subbed off in the 3rd quarter so he got it then instead.

Kind of agree with whoever said Wellingham could be the sub. Having a look at the bench I'm thinking the same thing. Well it could be Johnson, but I doubt it'll be Davis or Blair.

Great to see Wood getting a game early in the year. I don't know if Jolly is slightly injured or if he's being rested. Perhaps he thought he could work his way through it and staff have told him to rest up instead? Anyway, Wood is going to have to play well enough around the ground. I think he's fine in the hit outs, and what he showed in the NAB Cup was promising, but he needs to go on with it.

I don't think Toooooooooooooooooovvves will play. Ice on the lower hammy is not a good sign after last week games.

I've got a feeling we may give JMac a game and Leon plays in defence in Toooooooooooooves role.

Wellers to be the sub this week.

Malthouse likes to play it conservative with selections and Davis has a very good record against the Richmond in a midfield forward role. I think Goldsack coming in is better odds.

We're going alright when you look at our emergencies.

J-Mac, Sack (premiership player) and Dicky- any of those three could be in the team starting team. Ditto Macaffer (best 21 for mine) who hasn't even been named. Jolly out rested too.

Will be interesting to see how we bring everyone outside of the current 22 into the side as part of Mick's rotation plan to get games into as many players capable of senior selection as possible.

You'd think names such as Keeffe, Goldsack, Dick, J-Mac, Caff and Fasolo will all see senior action during the year. A smoky is Josh Thomas.

They are pretty big outs and pretty average ins for Richmond. Morton was taking a lot of heat off of Jack, and Connors isn't horrendous - this should be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back