Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Like the Ins and Outs

Glad the forward line will be quicker, that will be a huge help

Out of Clarke, Toovey, Blair and Ugle, surely Ugle will be sub

Didak has to come in with this weather that is going on.

Personally reckon Young is pretty good in the wet as well, but he was blowing A.Rocca 2007 style during the game last week, so couldn't imagine him getting through two games in four days.

Young & Paine are officially out.

Essendon have Jake Carlisle coming in for Michael Hurley.

Thought Paine was Stiff but with Ugle coming in we are going for Small Speedy Forward Line

Like the Ins and Outs

Glad the forward line will be quicker, that will be a huge help

Out of Clarke, Toovey, Blair and Ugle, surely Ugle will be sub

Will be out of Clarke and Toovey but I am hoping Sinclair is

I doubt it Dave.

Tooves will play on Jetta or Davey. Good match up for him.

Marty has elite endurance which is one of his main strengths. That is negated by making him the sub.

Ugle will be the sub.

I'll be very surprised if Essendon don't have more changes tomorrow.

Probably one of our more experienced sides we've fielded this year with Keefe, Uges, Sinclair and Seeds the only real newbies.

Great to see Nate back! the backline looks all the more solid. Just need Shaw and Reid back in and we're away. Taz is the bonus.

Looks like Ugle in the rain is a good call. An extra competitive, very-low-to-the-ground forward will be an advantage. Whether Cloke/Dawes/Paine works or not, Paine looked tired and out of his depth a little and in need of time in the VFL.

Nah, not out of Clarke and Toovs while our backline is already as depleted as it is.

seedsmen could be the sub again... he'll be battered and bruised terribly by strong essendon bodies in the wet

Where were all the ch7 haters when I was 'whinging' about them monopolising league teams and putting the release time back an hour and a half? Now you have realised how little use they make of this considerable privilege, have you now decided they are a rubbish station?

They are so stupid that they don't even give the teams, meaning people very quickly give up watching their news, even the sport's segment. I thought the idea would be to capture an audience then hold it?

Ugle as sub for me.

Good to see Ugle get a game. He could be a part of the 22, and although I am not as harsh as Benny as most here, I prefer Kirk.
I am happier that Browny is finally back. Hallelujah. Thought Didak was a monty for the sub tomorrow after his effort at Box Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didak should be a late inclusion. Why have him as an emergency if he wasn't ready to go? We are playing games. Hopefully will come in for Sinclair with soreness.

Sinclair, Ugle or Seedsman will be the sub, that is nearly a given, and I suppose given it is wet and we are not sure how our players will run out the game off a 4 day break, it is a good decision to not risk Didak.

Still, a wet and scrappy game will mean that there is less need for pure speed. I am really not sure who the wet benefits more, but Essendon didn't exactly swim in it playing against the Gold Coast.

I truly think this game will come down to who plays better out of Swan and Pendlebury v Watson and Stanton.

Is he a Emergency?

and Bucks is a lier saying there would be 7 Changes

Maybe you struggle with comprehension.

In no way, shape or form would Buckley have said that. :rolleyes:

I truly think this game will come down to who plays better out of Swan and Pendlebury v Watson and Stanton.
I'd go even further and say the Pendlebury vs Hocking matchup may decide this game, especially if one can get a massive advantage over the other.

If Hocking can do a "Carazzo" to Pendles, I almost can't see us winning without Ball and Thomas to cover for Scott.

But if Pendles breaks loose, and on his day no one can tag him, then we win, and we may even win quite comfortably. Common sense says that the contest will probably fall about even, with Pendles getting just enough of the ball to have an effect on the game in patches, but not be too dominant, which may actually render "the most important matchup" void if they do break level.

Of course, that's if Hocking plays.:cool:

I'd go even further and say the Pendlebury vs Hocking matchup may decide this game, especially if one can get a massive advantage over the other.

If Hocking can do a "Carazzo" to Pendles, I almost can't see us winning without Ball and Thomas to cover for Scott.

But if Pendles breaks loose, and on his day no one can tag him, then we win, and we may even win quite comfortably. Common sense says that the contest will probably fall about even, with Pendles getting just enough of the ball to have an effect on the game in patches, but not be too dominant, which may actually render "the most important matchup" void if they do break level.

Of course, that's if Hocking plays.:cool:

I reckon Dawes v Hooker will be the critical match-up. Whichever of those two spud it up the least will win.

Hey guys this is something ive done for essendon every week. Thought i would post it for you. Usually just since last time they played but did both because its ANZAC day.

Ins and Outs since last ANZAC day – Margin 30 points

Essendon INS: Hibbered, Pears, Davey, Carlisle, Dyson, DELL’OLIO
Essendon OUTS: Reimers, Hurley, Slattery, Hille, Lovett-Murray, McVeigh,

Collingwood INS: Fasalo, Seedsman, Ugle, Keefe, Nathan Brown, Goldsack, Buckley, Clark, Sinclair
Collingwood OUTS: Dick, Tarrant, Didak, Leigh Brown, Reid, Thomas, Shaw, Ball, Davis

Key notes:

Collingwood almost 50% of a different team
Pendles ANZAC medalist (34 disposals 3 goals)
Crameri essendon top goal scorer with 4

Ins and Outs since Round 19 2011– Margin 74 points

Essendon INS: Hooker, Pears, Fletcher, Hibbered, Hocking, Lonergan, Dell’Ollio
Essendon OUTS: Prismall, Colyer, Ross, McVeigh, Myers, Hille, Reimers,

Collingwood INS: Ugle, Clarke, Toovey, Nathan Brown, Seedsman, Dawes, Wellingham
Collingwood OUTS: Krakouer, Ball, Davis, Leigh Brown, Reid, Tarrant, Macaffer

Key notes:

Essendon had its whole tall backline out
Fasolo had 5 goals
Essendon copped 2 injuries very early in the match

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattys123

Oh, by the way, where are we all sitting tomorrow? M15, Row E for me.

I'll be right above you. N15 row A.

M12 Row E, close to both of you.

Very interested to see line up tomorrow and super excited to see Nate back!:thumbsu:
And hoping Ugle will be this years young gun!

Who's daughter is Sinclair shagging to still get a game the guy is clearly a hack at the moment and no where near it

Has speed in the fwd line, which we don't have a lot of and you definitely need to provide pressure.
Let's hope he improves but at the moment its his attributes getting him a a game not his skill or ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back