Review AFL Round 7 autopsy - Geelong defeats Essendon by 28 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see if CD maintain a broken tackles stat. Got the feeling we slipped a lot of them purely because our younger players are smaller and less well developed physically than Essendon. Could be something that becomes a problem during finals as the physicality of games heats up.

And Brendon Goddard...love him as a player but he'd have to be the absolute best in the game at pointing fingers when a player marks on him in defensive 50. Maybe if you actually took responsibility for your man BJ?

And Brendon Goddard...love him as a player but he'd have to be the absolute best in the game at pointing fingers when a player marks on him in defensive 50. Maybe if you actually took responsibility for your man BJ?

Don't upset him yet, he's listed to give evidence tonight.:D

I don't think Guthrie's form is that great. He was poor IMO against Richmond and was solid but not exceptional from what I saw against Essendon. I'm not saying Guthrie is never going to make it but I'd definitely consider dropping him for J.Hunt if Chappy and Corey come in for Kelly and T-Hunt.

I don't think Guthrie's form is that great. He was poor IMO against Richmond and was solid but not exceptional from what I saw against Essendon. I'm not saying Guthrie is never going to make it but I'd definitely consider dropping him for J.Hunt if Chappy and Corey come in for Kelly and T-Hunt.

I think he has been outstanding for somebody who has played, what, 20 or so games? Of course he is going to make errors which are going to be magnified when playing as a defender but for mine he has shown good reading of the game and terrific composure given his inexperience.

Fair dinkum unbelievable!

That said, I'm a Guthrie fan boi from way back.

Did anyone see who Kommer bitch slapped on the interchange? A Cats player gave him a friendly push and Kommer returned and slapped him in the back! It made me lolololololly :D

Billie.

Pretty strange moment really.

And how Kommer avoided MRP scrutiny for the incident is beyond me.:rolleyes:

Haven't offered my congratulations yet for Friday, so here it is.

It's funny, in some ways for me, the game threw up more questions than answers. How would the sides go against each other at full strength, which neither were? What if we'd been able to kick straighter in the third quarter? What if our selection (i.e. Ryder) had been different? What if Hunt didn't get injured?

I must say, though, I continue to be marvelled by Geelong's mental strength. We were one or two goals away from really breaking that game wide open in the second quarter, but your side just stuck at it, didn't panic and got on with the job. As one of your guys alluded to on our board, poise; we don't yet have enough of it, you guys do in spades.

So congratulations on the win again, Catters. I have a funny feeling it won't be the last time we cross swords this year. ;)

Billie.

Pretty strange moment really.

And how Kommer avoided MRP scrutiny for the incident is beyond me.:rolleyes:

It was really strange! Billie gave him a friendly shove, when he was coming through the interchange, as you do, and he ran back and bitch slapped Billie - I found it too funny :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Review AFL Round 7 autopsy - Geelong defeats Essendon by 28 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back