Preview AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, Friday 21 May 7:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colonwood are good this year, there second tier have seemingly stepped up against lesser opposition - however lets not forget the St Kilda game where a few boys where made to look so-so.

Will be interesting, but i;m sure if we put in our best performance, our best is better then there best.

Looking forward to seeing if Hawk can match a Jolly or Wood in the ruck, and whether the Dawes/Cloke combination can stand up to Scarlett/Taylor/Lonergan..... Our clearance work without Ottens still needs to improve; we are still capable of more

We outplayed the Saints for 3 Quarters but Kicking for Goal Let us Down and the Last Quarter we were just had a Shocker

We outplayed the Saints for 3 Quarters but Kicking for Goal Let us Down and the Last Quarter we were just had a Shocker

As i said, the Pies are playing well and are a good football side....However our best is still better then theirs. If we bring our A game, i don't think you have the mettle to go with us at this stage....Of course i could be wrong, but i have full confidence in Bomber and the boys, and i think we are an even better team then at anytime over the last 3 years.

What? They're boning that great doyen Better Homes and Gardens? :eek::D:thumbsu:

It's being shown at 6.30 Saturday night. Here's hoping it rates even higher then than it does at the moment, so they decide to keep it there and show more Friday night footy live. I won't hold my breath though.

hope i don't get a card for this but that's the biggest load of crap i've read.how could you seriously say that?anyways good luck guys may the best team win :thumbsu:

Doubt you'll get a card for speaking the truth. Ball and Jolly are just starting to hit their straps, and without Ottens, Jolly's ruckwork could very well be the thing that decides this match.

Kelly and J-pod to come back in , Who makes way Duncan and ??? .I hope Lonners and Hogan stay in the side

Hey guys...

This is going to be an enourmous game of footy.

The previous year you had the Saints and Cats, and the Saints were horrbily defensive and tight. The year before that you had the Hawks, and they were tough and mean with a bit of flair, but certainly not even. They had losses to the likes of Richmond and really fluked 08.

Now these two teams are awesome. COllingwood make no mistake is immensley talented and has depth that every club in the comp would kill for.

This game could be epic. My prediction is, Pies by 18 points.

Pretty confident one of our boys can do a number on SJ.

I also want to see a return to form for Leon Davis.

Yeah, Pies by 18 points.

Slightly off topic, but I thought it interesting that the form teams at present (Us and Collingwood) are the only ones that run reserve (development) teams in the VFL. Coincidence or the fruits of team/culture building at the developmental level?

I reckon we will go in with a pretty strong team vs Collingwood just to gauge where we are in terms of our nearest (current) threat, and then we might see SJ, Chappers and Jimmy (or something like that) rest vs Melbourne the week later.

Why? Why not play a strong side and hopefully give Melbourne an absolute belting?

Now that we have a great side, and great players (ie Chappy), I actually like them playing when they're fit. Especially when he's in career-best form.

There is plenty to lose.
We have run back into form and we won't be taking the game lightly.

No resting!

And time to put another 'contender' back in their box.

It's you and me alone on this one VC. Otherwise we should rest half the side until round 22 (They "might" get injured after all).

Of course we'll be 10th on the ladder by then, but we'll win the flag anyway! :rolleyes:

It's you and me alone on this one VC. Otherwise we should rest half the side until round 22 (They "might" get injured after all).

Of course we'll be 10th on the ladder by then, but we'll win the flag anyway! :rolleyes:

Resting Pods and Kelly last night seemed to hurt us, didn't it? :p

I agree that we shouldn't rest anyone this week though. Depending on if Smithy's available the week after, can't see a problem with resting one or two. It's when you rest 9 at a time like we did the last time we visited the Gabba when you come unstuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 of our 22 who played v Freo made their debut 2006 or later. We were never going to go past Prelim Final with so much youth last year. Another year under their belt and i think we are shaping up for a Geelong v Collingwood GF once again.

As for Friday nights game, its impossible to call. I think Collingwood has been more impressive against better oposition, but Geelong has the record on the board in the monster clashes. I hope there are no injuries, the umpires don't ruin it, and its talked about for weeks later.

In theory we should win. I don't need to go into the reasons why, as they've all been stated individually throughout this thread. However, unfortunately there's no logic in footy. If there was, the same teams would win 'in theory' week in week out. Things change, and they can with no significant reason either. Even if it has no lasting effect, like losing almost exactly 2 years ago to this very team. We went on to make the GF that year, obviously drop it but win the following year.

I think that we will win, but not by a great margin. I'm not as confident as I was in last years prelim as Collingwood have proven that they've taken it a step up this year so far. That, and the fact that the above mentioned 86 point win a couple of years ago came 'round and smacked the cats in the face that hard and fast, that you should learn that even though you're at the top of the game, you will get a smacking yourself from time to time. So don't predict it won't happen, don't even predict when it will happen. Be prepared for the fact that it will happen at some point, and be waiting for the counterstrike!

Geelong looks a better team than last year. Forward line stronger, an engine room in their prime, backline as imperious as ever. Only injuries can beat us. I am more confident than ever over the last 4 years. Collingwood is a good team but certainly no better than the excellent st Kilda side of last year.

This is going to be a special year.

Geelong looks a better team than last year. Forward line stronger, an engine room in their prime, backline as imperious as ever. Only injuries can beat us. I am more confident than ever over the last 4 years. Collingwood is a good team but certainly no better than the excellent st Kilda side of last year.

This is going to be a special year.

My thoughts entirely. Something special is brewing down in Geelong.

Re: Is this weeks game a home game?

I don't need to get a ticket for this if i'm a 17 game member though do i?
No, I don't think so. It's just personal choice for me (also a 17-game member) when it's going to be a big crowd. I upgrade to a reserved seat so I don't have to get to the match too early - can just turn up with enough time to get through the gates and to my seat before the Cats run out. :thumbsu:

If the match was supposed to be fully-ticketed, the AFL would have usually announced it before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back