Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is difficult to talk when people are not able to combine more than two elements.

You're right that Shiel does not equal a first round pick.

Gresham does not equal band 1 either.

But the 100 previous posts all point out that the current system makes it possible.

Probably won't happen, but looks like both clubs trying to work the system to benefit both teams.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’ll take a generation at this rate.

What’s causing Saints fans to go absolutely off their nut is a fundamental misunderstanding of what’s actually going on and why because they’re listening to the gospel according to Sam Edmund.
a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Screw the saints. We should take our charitable offer elsewhere. And you know who likes charity? The Kanga-Kanga-Kangas. Work it into a deal for their big free agent

eth-dog, I really like the suggestion someone floated with regard to Saints getting both Shiel and Henry

We get Gresham and pick 22 (Fremantle)
Fremantle get pick 13
Saints get Shiel and Henry

works for all parties

Saints have pick 12 they can send to Freo to make that deal. Not sure why we’re getting involved in that.

We want 12/13 and it makes 0 sense for us to create it if we aren’t getting it.

They're comparing Shiel to Dan Hannebery over there. Didn't his ankle come in a separate box of 50 pieces when they traded him in?
Hanneberry had a much worse injury history but you can not blame them .Shiel has missed some big chunks of the season over the last 4 years. last years 19 games has been the best but he did miss a few as well.

Don’t think we’re getting 13.

Hopefully we just offer band 2, they get 19.

And then in a seperate deal, give us 31 for Shiel.
That makes sense to me.

Feels like a terrible deal for us if we create pick 13 for them only to get like a 3rd rounder for Shiel.
They come out massive winners
Not sure I am bothering with pick 31 . The middle of this draft has more holes than swiss cheese.

Don’t think we’re getting 13.

Hopefully we just offer band 2, they get 19.

And then in a seperate deal, give us 31 for Shiel.
That makes sense to me.

Feels like a terrible deal for us if we create pick 13, overpay just an above average player in Gresham for them only to give us like a 3rd rounder for Shiel.
They come out massive winners
Looks like a terrible deal anyway. As we need none of what we're getting.
Pick 31? nope. Probably don't use it.
Cap space. Nope, don't need that either.
Gresham can **** off too.

Not sure I am bothering with pick 31 . The middle of this draft has more holes than swiss cheese.

I guess it’s another asset, maybe it can ontraded in the zerk deal or something else cooking. Would require the Gresham deal to get done fairly early and there’s almost no chance of that happening haha, definatly feels like a down to the wire deadline deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it’s another asset, maybe it can ontraded in the zerk deal or something else cooking. Would require the Gresham deal to get done fairly early and there’s almost no chance of that happening haha, definatly feels like a down to the wire deadline deal.
I certainly do not see the whole Gresham / Shiel / Pick 13 scenario happening but there is not a lot of interest in being in the middle of this draft amongst the clubs. If the saints want to pay all of Shiel's wage and Shiel wants to go then you take 31 but I am not rushing through the door to take it.

You're the ones chasing Gresham so you will decide what you think he is worth to you. Its as simple as that.

Because of the requirements of the salary cap he's currently getting paid top $'s (definitely Band 2 wage) at the Saints but he's looking at cut in the guaranteed for his next contract.

So if Essendon don't offer something similar to what he is currently on I doubt he'll move simply for the sake of it. He is not unhappy at St Kilda.

So if he moves its looking like Band 2, end of first round compo.

Then its a matter of how much you do you actually want to get rid of Shiel and how much we think its worth to take him on in order to upgrade from end of first to Pick 13.

And none of us actually have any idea about how both clubs view that outcome.
End of first round compensation will be about pick 27. Depending on what picks disappear with bids being met, Dylan Shiel plus our 2nd 33-35 is surely a better deal.

I dont care what it costs. Zac Bailey makes every system in the comp way better. Id offer him a 10 year deal.

I love him.

Hanneberry had a much worse injury history but you can not blame them .Shiel has missed some big chunks of the season over the last 4 years. last years 19 games has been the best but he did miss a few as well.
I don't think this is true. Dan played full and extended seasons. It was only his last season that was interrupted.

From 2010 to 2017 hanners minimum games played was 19 in a season. It was his last at Sydney where he played 15.

Shiel on the other hand has had multiple interrupted seasons.

eth-dog, I really like the suggestion someone floated with regard to Saints getting both Shiel and Henry

We get Gresham and pick 22 (Fremantle)
Fremantle get pick 13
Saints get Shiel and Henry

works for all parties
There's no way the saints give up pick 13 for henry.

I am sick of essendon supporters waiting for the grand final to get to the good stuff
on any measure collingwood are the benchmark of the afl and essendon, like Kodak, have been irrelevant since 2001.
Exactly why we like the off season!!

What is the latest on McKay?

Doubt North match the offer, all bluff IMO. They need all the cash to try and keep all the first rounders they are getting and not develop them for 2-3 years before they leave.

McKay might be just our most important KPD trade for the last decade.

Watching Hill & Cameron it is clear we need speed at the ball in the forward line. Will any of the Davey's fill that?

What is the latest on McKay?

Doubt North match the offer, all bluff IMO. They need all the cash to try and keep all the first rounders they are getting and not develop them for 2-3 years before they leave.

McKay might be just our most important KPD trade for the last decade.

Watching Hill & Cameron it is clear we need speed at the ball in the forward line. Will any of the Davey's fill that?
can’t recall if norf’ll even bother matching, my norf supporting friend suggested that they won’t be offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back