Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that is all it is.

He has picked us and it will probably get them band 1.

If it doesn't it will be hilariously funny and will result in their fans crying alot as they take the pick 19 for band 2.
The offer has to be 790k a year for them to get band 1. Clubs can ask the AFL what compo they’d get.

What is the latest on McKay?

Doubt North match the offer, all bluff IMO. They need all the cash to try and keep all the first rounders they are getting and not develop them for 2-3 years before they leave.

McKay might be just our most important KPD trade for the last decade.

Watching Hill & Cameron it is clear we need speed at the ball in the forward line. Will any of the Davey's fill that?

I just posted a link a page or so back.

Ralph and zita said today that north will match if we don’t offer band 1 - 800k per year.

May be a bluff, but that’s the latest info as of today.

We just have to get that deal done and over the line in my opinion. Can’t have anymore nominate us and then us not deliver, we knew from the get go that it was gonna take band 1 tbh and shouldn’t have went hard for him in the first place if we weren’t prepared to pay.

I just posted a link a page or so back.

Ralph and zita said today that north will match if we don’t offer band 1 - 800k per year.

May be a bluff, but that’s the latest info as of today.

We just have to get that deal done and over the line in my opinion. Can’t have anymore nominate us and then us not deliver, we knew from the get go that it was gonna take band 1 tbh and shouldn’t have went hard for him in the first place if we weren’t prepared to pay.
If they match can we then offer more or is it done?

Nah you only get one final offer.
If they match then they either force a trade and ask for pick 8 or keep him. Last thing we’re doing is giving a first rounder and can’t see em accepting anything less so we just have to get it done. Not dodo trying to play a game of chicken

We should send Shiel, Stringer (both paid) and #27 for Melbourne's first. 🤣🤣🤣

Meh, I am just sick of reading about Gresham and most 'aints fans nonsensical dribble. I kind of imagine that they butt in and talk over you as you're trying to explain things.

Jesus. Just watched the Ralph and Zita clip. If they think we're going to pay Gresham way overs to get band 1 compo, then salary dumping shiel for a late pick whilst also paying some of his wage their bloody delusional.
Would make zero sense and save us next to nothing in the salary cap.

Jesus. Just watched the Ralph and Zita clip. If they think we're going to pay Gresham way overs to get band 1 compo, then salary dumping shiel for a late pick whilst also paying some of his wage their bloody delusional.

Fortunately for Ralph being accurate matters far less than generating clicks. His article has been a huge success from his perspective.

How we’ve got to a narrative of Essendon being the side that needs to shed salary and the Saints being the side that will be in essence ‘pick purchasing’ is absolutely ****ing beyond me.

It’s not necessarily the opposite because I’m sure the Saints cap is fine but weren’t these the very same journalists that were talking up how well placed we were to purchase picks with our basically limitless cap space?

How we’ve got to a narrative of Essendon being the side that needs to shed salary and the Saints being the side that will be in essence ‘pick purchasing’ is absolutely ****ing beyond me.

It’s not necessarily the opposite because I’m sure the Saints cap is fine but weren’t these the very same journalists that were talking up how well placed we were to purchase picks with our basically limitless cap space?
If you watch Gettable, Cal says the exact opposite to Ralph. He says Essendon will be the one to get pick 13 by paying Shiel's salary. Basically it's anyone's guess how it goes but Saints fans are only prepared to believe Ralph. My guess is that there'll be a meeting in the middle by both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you watch Gettable, Cal says the exact opposite to Ralph. He says Essendon will be the one to get pick 13 by paying Shiel's salary. Basically it's anyone's guess how it goes but Saints fans are only prepared to believe Ralph. My guess is that there'll be a meeting in the middle by both teams.
But Cal is wrong according to them hes just rehatching Ralphs original article. Ralph has since changed

I think either something along the lines of Freo involved for Liam or we hand the Saints back pick 27 which is probably around his value and we're paying a bit of his salary

So the Saints get Sheil for free.

But Cal is wrong according to them hes just rehatching Ralphs original article. Ralph has since changed

I think either something along the lines of Freo involved for Liam or we hand the Saints back pick 27 which is probably around his value and we're paying a bit of his salary

So the Saints get Sheil for free.
I'd trust Cal over Ralph and Saints fans anytime. He doesn't tend to say stuff (especially about Essendon) unless he's pretty certain. I wouldn't be surprised if the Henry deal is involved but either way, neither Essendon nor Saints are going to be doing a deal without getting something to their own advantage.

I'd trust Cal over Ralph and Saints fans anytime. He doesn't tend to say stuff (especially about Essendon) unless he's pretty certain. I wouldn't be surprised if the Henry deal is involved but either way, neither Essendon nor Saints are going to be doing a deal without getting something to their own advantage.
Yep,

Agree there is no way Sheil is worth pick 13. But nor is Gresh worth anywhere near 750K either so there is clearly something missing from the story.

Yep,

Agree there is no way Sheil is worth pick 13. But nor is Gresh worth anywhere near 750K either so there is clearly something missing from the story.
I wonder if its shiel for a year, but cap space for longer

Gresham FA band 1
We trade them, say, 700k pa cap space for a few years and shiel for that pick
They use that space for shiel next year, but year after that shiel is whatever they choose to do, but still have the cap space.

And all they’ve lost is gresham.

Yeah they have 12.
Which is why they would get 13 if we gave Gresham band 1
I understand the suggestions for 13, was genuinely unsure if they had 12 because it never seems to be brought up.

Wonder if that pick 28 does end up going with Shiel for that pick 12.

I understand the suggestions for 13, was genuinely unsure if they had 12 because it never seems to be brought up.

That’s what I would have thought. It could even turn into pick 18 or 19 after academy/FS bidding. It’s not as amazing as it sounds.

I wonder if its shiel for a year, but cap space for longer

Gresham FA band 1
We trade them, say, 700k pa cap space for a few years and shiel for that pick
They use that space for shiel next year, but year after that shiel is whatever they choose to do, but still have the cap space.

And all they’ve lost is gresham.
I think that’s too high a price with Sheil being 31 and injury concerns. If fit be could be an asset but too many risks imo

That was the only real scenario I could come up with unless maybe a 3rd party is involved but most of the tile that doesn’t really happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back