AFLW AFLW 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final vote winners for the AFLW B&F.

1701151941207.png

Our 45 total votes were the 3rd highest club tally, with only North Melbourne (47) and Melbourne (46) receiving more.

What a crock of s**t. Thank goodness she's standing down at the end of the season....

GAD0ptvagAAcZbI

Wonder if it would be worth looking at Jess Hosking as a replacement for Renee Garing.

I've never seen either Hosking sister take a backwards step, and they always seem up for the fight of the game

Could be interesting to see if Jess would be willing to play a bit of VFLW to see how'd she fit in, but thinking we'd need to sign AFLW listed players long before getting that opportunity. But depending on how other trade options to, we could do worse that sign Jess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's hoping this continues today....

Being a Brisbane local, I have nothing against these teams. Hell, would've much preferred Lions over Pies.

But after the prelim... I just hope they get a taste of what our girls got last week.

I'm torn. On one hand my gut instinct is to support North, but then again, I do feel a certain rivalry with North given they entered the comp at the same time. So I admit to the possibility of future jealousy if they win one before we do.

I'm torn. On one hand my gut instinct is to support North, but then again, I do feel a certain rivalry with North given they entered the comp at the same time. So I admit to the possibility of future jealousy if they win one before we do.

I'm exactly the same in my thinking for today

That's how I was looking at it too - also, I like seeing the game's development in Queensland and nothing supercharges that more than success.

So I found myself supporting the Lions pretty intently today.

But it just goes to show how close we are to the top; we more than matched it with Brisbane last week and we were very, very unlucky bordering on robbed.

Great game today; I got stuck into the umps last week as they were utterly useless, I thought the Grand Final was actually umpired really well though, happily.

Well done Lions.

Found this an interesting article.

Is it really surprising North has had a better win/loss record than us considering they picked up a dozen of the best players in the league at the time of their inclusion, whereas we hit the draft hard initially, and have only really started picking up experienced players in the last 3-4 seasons to complement the players we already had? Found it interesting that North were after Chloe Scheer as well before she decided to sign with the Crows, and ultimately heading our way.

I'll say our best years are still ahead of us though, with the likes of Bowen, A.McDonald, D.Moloney, Parry, Morrison, Rankin, Scheer, Friswell, Webster, Kearns, Gunjaca, Prespakis, and A.Moloney all of which are currently aged 27 or under and were regular starters this year, with Featherston, Fuller, Plummer and Abbey McDonald all waiting in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back