Aker an Asset

Remove this Banner Ad

CoggaRules said:
hmmm, so you have little faith in the 5 year plan that has 3 more years to go huh? Funny how that gets lost in the smoke isnt it?
Here is a hint there froars. Think about what our big nemesis has been.
I would think its more about scoring than anything else dont you think? Or maybe that Richo has if not a 2 on 1, a 3 on 1, to contend with inside the F50 everytime, because Brownie aint there and the others only need 1 and sometimes none to mind them. ;)

Considering that we are 12th in league for inside 50s, and 4th in the league for rebound 50s (evidence of how often we let teams into our 50). We are 16the in the league for clearances. We are 16th in the league for 1%ers. 16th in the league for tackles.

I would have thought our lack of goals could be directly attributed to being thumped in the midfield each week.

Instead of recruiting another forward to stand with hands on his hips while the ball spends all afternoon at the other end of the ground, perhaps we could actually start building a midfield to actually get the ball forward in the first place?

Or do you think it is the All-Star forward line of Hentshell, Perrie, Welsh, McGregor that has Adelaide top of the ladder?

Weaver said:
Instead of recruiting another forward to stand with hands on his hips while the ball spends all afternoon at the other end of the ground, perhaps we could actually start building a midfield to actually get the ball forward in the first place?

Or do you think it is the All-Star forward line of Hentshell, Perrie, Welsh, McGregor that has Adelaide top of the ladder?

your firing today weaver , another good point, therein was the platform to my argument to Hawk supportersa couple of drafts back that a good side is built from the inside out...refer to Crows and eagles sides and they sure aren't contenders on back of their KPP.

In the absence of Cogs we have been exposed badly for midfielders with any grunt. This should be PRIORITY ONE. come draft day, a Joel selwood type perhaps...any trade tactics that prevent us from securing another quality midfielder will only stall our development further

Weaver said:
Considering that we are 12th in league for inside 50s, and 4th in the league for rebound 50s (evidence of how often we let teams into our 50). We are 16the in the league for clearances. We are 16th in the league for 1%ers. 16th in the league for tackles.

I would have thought our lack of goals could be directly attributed to being thumped in the midfield each week.

if 2 years of draft picks hasnt or isnt going to address the thumping in the midelfield soon, then we are in serious trouble.;)

At what cost do we go after him?? For who and what round?? I'm for having him at the club as long as it does not hurt us in the long term.

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Pull the other leg :rolleyes:
Miller did confirm it this afternoon. The President will meet with the match committee tomorrow to start formal discussions with Aker's management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Infamy said:
Yeah was on the news, apparently we've made a formal offer
I just hope that by "a formal offer" they just mean a 4th round draft pick plus Tivendale.

No formal offer, lets see what happens tomorrow.

I wonder if a certain player within the playing group was instrumental in getting into Jason's ear.

We will be active this coming trade period.

pantsdown said:
No formal offer, lets see what happens tomorrow.

I wonder if a certain player within the playing group was instrumental in getting into Jason's ear.

We will be active this coming trade period.
When will Rainsey be signed - you obviously know things. If he's not, is he going to be active participant in these trade negotiations?

froars said:
When will Rainsey be signed - you obviously know things. If he's not, is he going to be active participant in these trade negotiations?

Dont worry Froars young Raines wont be going anywhere, except into a higher pay bracket.:thumbsu:

Can someone please find me the exact quote Wallace used (a few times now) about 'never giving up a first round/high draft pick for a old player' ?

Much thanks.

I'd like Aka at Tigerland - not for a first round draft pick :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Aker an Asset

Remove this Banner Ad

Back