• Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

U know it... BROTHER
These two would actually win the US election if Macho Man was still alive. No force could defeat the Mega Powers.

Agree. Yze has come in to a bit of a mess. First and most obvious is the injury run, but the more long term situation of coming into a side that has 3 fairly recent premierships with a lot of those players still there. He could not have come in and stripped the side of those players, one because injuries stripped our depth, but because loyalty to those players is important.

Hardwick could and should have done it. He developed almost no young players in the last 4 years as coach, Mansell perhaps. But Yze had to have a good look and given those declining players a chance. Grimes for example. How could he come in and say to Grimes better to hand up the boots. He did not have that licence yet. Now he does.

He has been loyal, but has started to add the youth that we need. Miller, Ralphsmith, Mansell, Banks, Brown, Campbell, Smith, Trezise, Green, all look like players who will be around rd.1 next year. They have taken their chances and all look like players, and they all have one central attribute, they are all quick, something we have lacked so badly from. Some may falter, but that is a big difference to where Yze started the year.
2022 Hardwick dd play Cumberland, Rioli Jnr, and the class of 21 got a good run. Gibcus, Clarke, Sonsie

2022 Hardwick dd play Cumberland, Rioli Jnr, and the class of 21 got a good run. Gibcus, Clarke, Sonsie
Yes but none of them stayed in. We had 2 players that cemented themselves in the side since in the last 2 years or so of his coaching, Balta an Bolton. Some others like Ross were close, but most were in and out. Gibcus would have if not for injury.

I wouldn't say we pushed Port, but we hung in there. Some glimpses of quaity, some boners - mostly from the senior players.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if players like Balta and Bolton got traded and others like Nank, Vlastuin & Broad simply got retired now. It's going to be a painful 5+ years hey.
Cannot possibly See Broad, Nank or Vlas retiring

i dont think big sexy is, but god it would make things interesting. However, based on last weeks injury report, he is entering his 5th week of his 2 week minor hamstring strain as per usual.
Only 4 to go! Delicious

I wouldn't say we pushed Port, but we hung in there. Some glimpses of quaity, some boners - mostly from the senior players.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if players like Balta and Bolton got traded and others like Nank, Vlastuin & Broad simply got retired now. It's going to be a painful 5+ years hey.
Think Rioli more likely than Bolton. Balta is a FA next year. Would be silly to trade him unless it was for a few firsts. He will get band 1 compo which unless he seeks a trade to Norf we will get better compo if he did leave. We also really need him to stay, our KPP's are shite.

I think the other 3 will be needed as big bodies to protect the kids as none have any real value.

These two would actually win the US election if Macho Man was still alive. No force could defeat the Mega Powers.

Entertainment like nothing before
Sensational so many memories

maybe they are tanking
secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not just the top-liners missing that kill’s you … it’s missing the ‘next best’ ….

So this week Nank will be out, and ideally we’d call on Naismith to provide decent cover ….

And Lynch is out, and ideally we’d have Lefau to provide pretty good contest up forward ….

And with TT, Dusty and Graham out ideally we’d have Ross as a fairly accomplished midfielder to come in ….

And Vlastuin misses so we’d call on Grimes to provide experienced coverage down back…

So no doubt when at 100% full strength not all of the 11 ‘outs’ play every week. But we are having to constantly call on players ranked 30-35th best on our list - it makes things bloody rough.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
These players ranked 30-35 are playing good football ... so many of our premiership players have not been best 22 for several years now (Graham, McIntosh, Pickett, Short Grimes) ... how does it take to Round 18 for Tresize and Smith to play their first game of the year ... both showed more than Broad and Short on the weekend ... finals where mathematically impossible over a month ago and been off the table realistically for over two months ... how does Broad and Short playing in the backline the last month help us next year and into the future??

I want Yze to answer how we are bottom but only 1 VFL game has been played by a premiership player all season when Vlastuin, Nank and maybe Rioli are the only ones of that Cohort that have performed this year

one of two things will happen next week, we either kick start the Pies season, or we nail the coffin shut.
i know which one i would rather to see.

A loss to the pies isn't actually the end of the world, would mean they still think they have a chance to knock the blues off.

One loss to get 2 long term losses lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back