Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but none of them stayed in. We had 2 players that cemented themselves in the side since in the last 2 years or so of his coaching, Balta an Bolton. Some others like Ross were close, but most were in and out. Gibcus would have if not for injury.
The epic fail has.to be drafting Aarts to replace Stengle, rght?
You are doubling down!

Well done for sticking to your guns here TI. Now maybe let us know how Jack Ginnivan is an A grade AFL footballer right now. I mean A Grade is normally taken to be elite. Like top 10% of AFL footballers.

Player ratings has him outside the top 400 players in the AFL in 2024 based on average performance.

We have already seen he has 27 career coaches votes across 4 seasons. He has 4 career Brownlow votes, maybe as many as 7 after the other day.

He doesn't have any significant placing in a B & F count in his career, I doubt he has a top 15 finish.

He doesn't have an AA squad mention.

How is he an A grader(elite?) He was just traded for what amounts to a 3rd round pick. He would be on about $300k.

How are all these things telling us he is a C Grader, and you are telling us he is an A Grader?

I thought you were backing yourself as a brilliant judge of talent earlier this season. Now you are telling us a C grader is an A grader. You seem to be a D grade judge of talent TI. :tearsofjoy:
Elite is above A grade ... everyone knows that MR ... same as everyone knows Platinum is better than Gold

If OHB eye is no good and Nank is concussed and Ryan has done his ankle ....

Awkward Season 1 GIF by Nanalan'

I suppose you bring in Blight ... and move Ben Miller to the ruck....

Its Happening Arcade Fire GIF

The epic fail has.to be drafting Aarts to replace Stengle, rght?

Elite is above A grade ... everyone knows that MR ... same as everyone knows Platinum is better than Gold

Well if the top 10% are elite, how many are a grade?

Regardless, Ginnivan is not anywhere near it.

I still cant believe we are last

For a start, we will be until we get rid of the abominations we got from GWS.
Stagnant uncreative players, we are worshiping for no reason whatsoever.
Until we fix this by getting some creative and fast midfielders we are going to be chasing the wrong side of the ladder.
Its a deal that sets our team back 5 + years.

Everything else we can fix.

Training report from Caesar

Post in thread '2024 Training With The Ooze Crew' https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/2024-training-with-the-ooze-crew.58301/post-3078682

Training Today Tuesday:

Only dropped by for 10 minutes and late today on my way to appointment.
Marlion MJ Dusty Tigga Taranto McAuliffe Ross Fawcett all training with main group.
In management/rehab: Nank OHB Lynch Hopper Prestia Graham Lynch Kaleb Kozi

No sign of Shai at all

Bear in mind Tuesday quite often used as recovery.
Cheers

In: MRJ Bauer Vlastuin Blight Taranto
Out: Nankervis Ryan Broad(rest) Dow Sonsie

B: Vlastuin Blight Tresize
HB: Rioli Miller Brown
C: Banks Taranto Ralphsmith
HF: Campbell Green Baker
F: Short Bauer Mansall
Foll: Kosi Hopper Bolton
Int: Balta (2nd ruck) Prestia Smith McIntosh
Sub: MRJ

Pickett VFL minutes
McAuliffe, Sonsie and Jagga to dominate the 2s midfield

Just popping in to say I think you should play Balta in the ruck. Would love to see it.
So athletic and good at ground level. Darcy Cameron ain't all that.

Just popping in to say I think you should play Balta in the ruck. Would love to see it.
So athletic and good at ground level. Darcy Cameron ain't all that.
nah. thats how he got injured last time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't alter the fact that we cemented just two players, for whatever reason. I think that has come back to hurt us a bit. Ralphsmith is a good example of a player playing to his strengths when backed. Ross was all over the place in those 4 years but good on him for cementing a place last year on the wing of all places, (although he was dropped to everyone's surprised mid year, late reprieve). They were young with things to improve on, so not solely blaming Hardwick, but he was very reticent to back his young players in when things started to go south.
As I said, 4 years is a stretch. He could have backed them in a bit more in the last 18-24 months though. Can understand why a coach supports the players that brought him success...even if it ultimately cost him further success.

Strange post.

Dustin Martin career free kicks for: 245

Dustin Martin career free kicks against: 401

It appears to me has has suffered from nice guy syndrome with the umps. Doesn't stage for free kicks, and accepts the ump's decision without noticeable complaint.
If he's had 401 against, he probably should have 500 then. Love him to bits but plenty of missed frees against. Also some dodgy ones for (probably had some not paid as well).

Sounds like Taranto,  Pickett and Vlastuin will all be in and MRJ will play VFL either this week or after the bye.
So which young player will undeservedly make way for him? Banks? Smith? Green? I wouldn't drop any of them for Pickett.

So which young player will undeservedly make way for him? Banks? Smith? Green? I wouldn't drop any of them for Pickett.
Pickett was barely holding his place as it was, surely comes back through the VFL.

Interesting week if Ryan doesn't get up. Kosi and Balta rucking so will need another back, Blight, and another tall forward, Bauer, the only one left. Super young 2025 side this week.

Pickett was barely holding his place as it was, surely comes back through the VFL.

Interesting week if Ryan doesn't get up. Kosi and Balta rucking so will need another back, Blight, and another tall forward, Bauer, the only one left. Super young 2025 side this week.

I'll go you one better.
Pickett straight back in, will backup ruck for Kozi. Just like the good old days

I'll go you one better.
Pickett straight back in, will backup ruck for Kozi. Just like the good old days
I think you may be right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back