Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously impressive management from Sonja et al on this. A gracious, professional parting of ways with Noble and a uber professional courting of Clarkson combined with amazing information management internally. Just the polar opposite to what we saw from the shit stain of an organisation at the airport.

Magnificent work by all concerned. Well done.

KickItAnywhere34 had great mail, but he was wrong to say Clarko had agreed at any point.

We got confirmation this morning, that's the facts.

Before that there was nothing more than fruitful discussions, respectful communication and a sense were both on the same page.
Not quite - I had the Barrett mail before anyone and it was correct as he broke the story. Discussions have gone on for 4 weeks and it was 3 weeks ago I said deal done except for “window dressing”. I still stand by that - he agreed to coach us at that time provided stuff could be sorted which is what happened - it’s called due diligence. The only curve ball none of us anticipated was the Essendon shit show. But my sources stuck firm and if anything I had a bit of info last Saturday that involved an ex North staffer that confirmed he was coming. I’m not however going to elaborate on that now the deal is done. Anyway no use worrying about semantics let’s enjoy this moment.👍

Sorry to interrupt your celebration again, but the only thing that will top this, is if Essington appoint Ross Lyon. I know quite a few bomber fans that simply do not want this to happen but to me, they deserve each other.

Now, where’s that drink……

When you insert the knife tomorrow night make sure you twist.

Love North B.F. ❤

Yesterday my youngest asked if he could finally open the Christmas biscuits.

I said "yes, when we get Clarkson".

"What if we don't get him" he asked.

"Then they go in the bin" I said.

This morning I told him "Go open the biscuits mate".

"Really we got him" he said.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if already posted.

Fae5GCRagAA5rdf

Where does it say last night in her email?

We got formal confirmation this morning.
First sentence:

I’m delighted to announce that last night Alastair Clarkson agreed to coach the North Melbourne Football Club for the next five seasons.

i'm in tears

Don't know whether to have a parma/parmi or dimmies for dinner.

But in all seriousness, the relief is immense like it is for all of us, and i'm just stoked that our football club feels legit for the first time in years.

Not sure who is happier my wife or me after the week we've had, but she just came and give me a big hug and said she's so happy for not only me but for all of us, she's a Swan but she knows what this means to the North brethren.

My five year old is running around the house saying yes, yes, yes we got the Hawks guy, coz all he's been seeing on the tv is the footage of Clarko holding up those cups, and I kept telling him that's our guy, but deep down I was never that sure or confident.

Anyway sorry to intrude, but I've been riding the wave of emotions with you all over the past few weeks from about page 20 in the first thread.

I'll go and crawl back under my rock, but i'll see you at the footy tomorrow.

Enjoy the day, night, weekend and the ride we're all about to go on together.
You're welcome here.

Certainly not intruding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back