Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 per cent of posts on the Essendon board are about how much they want to get Clarko to troll us.

But there's no rivalry and they don't think about us.

The pivot to "We never actually went for Clarko, if we had, we'd have won, like the 99 GF" is going to be spectacular.

images

Caro just backing Essendon now because she thinks we're irrelevant. Her comment a few weeks back of 'I find it hard to see Clarkson going to North Melbourne' typifies this.

There's nothing to back up her opinion. Just her irrational disdain of our club.

Hope we stick it straight up her ass.

" DANILCHENKO.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............."

Sonja Hood: "So Noble and I came to the mutual agreement yesterday that he is no longer suitable for head coach and we have already appointed a new interim coach and our hunt for a new coach begins today."

Media: lolnorf, what a rabble so shit, should've kept Noble, etc.

Essendon: "Hey we're only going to sack our coach just for the chance we can get another coach. We couldn't care less about Rutten if Clarkson is on board."

Media: Wow Essendon could get Clarko, how romantic, think about the possibilities.

90 per cent of posts on the Essendon board are about how much they want to get Clarko to troll us.

As I said to you in another time and place, Daddy is gonna buy them a new Merc to crash.

As I said to you in another time and place, Daddy is gonna buy them a new Merc to crash.

Its gunna be great when they crash Hirdy into a fence again.

Bucks pretty scathing of Essesdon on SEN just now. Pretty much said he wouldn’t coach Essesdon because of the way they’ve treated Rutten.

Classy operator is Bucks - love his insight and level-headedness in an industry that's all about the click-bait and over-dramatisation of things in recent times.

I know there are North fans that are holding onto 25 year grudges with him (just like we have 15 year grudges being held onto for David King), but I'm still disappointed he seems to be enjoying the media too much to throw his hat into the coaching circle again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe people on here and all the media fell for a Twitter post by that s**t truck Tardio who later admitted it was a wind up.
Let’s just say this and I’ve said it all along Clarkson is very thorough and wanted everything in place before signing (ie what I call window dressing). He’s not doing weeks of due diligence on North giving them a verbal and then according to the media doing an about face and signing with Essendon in 5 minutes. Remember he knocked Collingwood back last year due to their board squabbles. This is now coming out this morning that most of yesterdays reporting was rubbish. I believe North are still confident and so am I and my source.

Well is everything in place now?

If it's true what's being reported, that he is looking for Board stability too, he surely wouldn't want to go near *

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's also said that himself - see when he was on 360 extra. Mentioned stability and alignment.

Classy operator is Bucks - love his insight and level-headedness in an industry that's all about the click-bait and over-dramatisation of things.

I know there are North fans that are holding onto 25 year grudges with him, but I'm still disappointed he seems to be enjoying the media too much to throw his hat into the coaching circle again.

I agree. I wish he was still open to coach. Love listening to him speak.

I’d be interested to hear more about * external review of the football department, how long do they think it’s going to take?
Is Rutten the problem?
Are they going to implement findings before seeking out a new coach?

To me this seems like a two month process that they want to pack into 48 hrs

Imagine North sacked a president, effectively sacked a coach and had a board spill, then went all in for a coach while someone’s still in the seat? We would get crucified. Yet Essendon do it and get praised? 3 things to do from here if I was running North.

1- Tell clarkson and his camp we want a decision by 5pm today, either 100% all in or your out

2- contact Plan B and Plan C, get on the front foot and make a stand. Get the wheels rolling.

3- request we play Essendon R1, our home game.
Here's the reality. Sonja and crew would have handed over to Clarkson the point by point Walsh review. She would have said this is where we are at and this is what we are and are not going to do. All clear and transarent.
Currrently, Essendon has no idea what it needs to do other than appoint a coach. 10 years a basket case. And now just a quick sugar hit. Clarkeson would be foolish to go there unless he closes down all negotiation with us and GWS for three weeeks and does due diligence. That leaves us stranded.
We tell him, we're getting on with it and will begin speaking with other targets. Good luck Alastair.

I’d be interested to hear more about * external review of the football department, how long do they think it’s going to take?
Is Rutten the problem?
Are they going to implement findings before seeking out a new coach?

To me this seems like a two month process that they want to pack into 48 hrs
All they need to do is spook clarko from signing with us tomorrow. Then they can do the review and sign clarko later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back