Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhh, Clarko set to get a please explain from the AFL for swearing during a private post game address to his players because someone on social media was offended and complained.

One too many discretions, better get ready for life without Clarkson for a few weeks now.

Gave Bailey a nice wrap for he’s brilliant work very late in the game…
Great to see
That’s what tells me the man is a great coach. The chaos and emotion that was in that last 10 minutes. Clarko sees a player that hasn’t quite been at his best, do some great things.

To identify that and give Scott his kudos in front of peers will be a good boost for his confidence going forward.

Anyone playing wants that from their coach. But when a coach who won 3 flags stands out the front of the group and recognises your work, that’s a special moment.

That’s what tells me the man is a great coach. The chaos and emotion that was in that last 10 minutes. Clarko sees a player that hasn’t quite been at his best, do some great things.

To identify that and give Scott his kudos in front of peers will be a good boost for his confidence going forward.

Anyone playing wants that from their coach. But when a coach who won 3 flags stands out the front of the group and recognises your work, that’s a special moment.

Four!

As an assistant? I wouldn't think so. We couldn't afford to pay him under the soft cap and he doesn't fit the profile. Only job for him back at Arden St is after Vodd decides to move on.

AFL will be super keen to get involved with the Tassie club build and rightly so.

As an assistant? I wouldn't think so. We couldn't afford to pay him under the soft cap and he doesn't fit the profile. Only job for him back at Arden St is after Vodd decides to move on.
Was Viney staying on for longer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but what has he done for them lately….

Pretty rough I reckon.

It’s pretty ridiculous the mentality of the NBA/NFL/FIFA has weeded its way into the perception of coaches now in the AFL where a flag just a couple years removed now means sweet **** all to the head honchos at clubland.

The season is well over halfway done and they couldn’t let him coach out the rest of the season? Its ridiculous. A stable transition is better than a destabilising one, we should know.

Get Drew Petrie home.

Simmo has been sacked. Bring him home to work under Clarko again.
I think he needs to take 12 – 18 months off personally, the man has aged 10 years this year, plus he can afford to if the rumoured payout of $1 million is correct.

Will be very interesting to see what his next move is given at least 2 if not 3 of his kids would still be in high-school, is he going uproot them and move back to Victoria?

I like the idea of a favourite son coming home but I doubt he'd take an Assistant Coach role with us, I'm confident we're at the lower end of the scale for Assistant Coach's salaries.

I suspect the only way we'll see him back at North would be to replace Clarko if at the end of his contract he decides he's had enough, which could be perfect timing.

Last edited:
same thing happened with clarko.

Only because it was a managed/planned succession plan.

When you are fired, the club doesn't get to also slap a non-compete clause on you.

It’s pretty ridiculous the mentality of the NBA/NFL/FIFA has weeded its way into the perception of coaches now in the AFL where a flag just a couple years removed now means sweet **** all to the head honchos at clubland.

The season is well over halfway done and they couldn’t let him coach out the rest of the season? Its ridiculous. A stable transition is better than a destabilising one, we should know.
Flag was 6 years ago

Fully agree with you. Its not like they are getting a care taker coach in to see how he goes. They would know already who will be coach next year regardless of what they say.

Ahhhh, Clarko set to get a please explain from the AFL for swearing during a private post game address to his players because someone on social media was offended and complained.

One too many discretions, better get ready for life without Clarkson for a few weeks now.
This brings me to the point that Hardwick can swear in a post match media conference without any repercussions yet Clarko is put over the coals and has to coach from up in the box. Double standards anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back