Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The image of a random man with a name tag "Sphynx" on his breast walking under an underpass during a torrential downpour, seeking shelter from the unrelenting rains, walking towards a phone box that appears to be mysteriously ringing just for him, only to get within a step of the box before Brady and Will Thursfield emerge from dark bricked service entrances under the cover of darkness, wearing North polos but the ****ed ones with the orange on the sleeves and start just whaling on this bloke, really ****in putting the screws to him, targeting the soft spots, kicking him while he's down .. then Brady calls Will off and leans down and whispers "you shut your ****in mouth and don't you ****in dare post private pork dinner chats on Bigfooty again, Clarko sends his regards" before delivering another swift kick to the kidneys and jumping into a waiting pedal-powered car commandeered by Kevin White, but not before spitting on the lifeless prone body
Send it in to Apple, be great for the next season of Slow Horses.....only question is who does Garry Oldman play?

Leaves me reminiscing about our many Inner Scrotal “tales from Tender Touch” chats at Chaddy Food Court (sans the apple sauce).

Yeah I remember your demands for only slow cooked meats.

I hear they are good for weight loss.
In a uni lecture years ago focusing on flatworms, the lecturer mentioned possible weight loss post infection. Rather large guy in our year sticks his hand up and asks, "So how much weight do you actually loose?"

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a uni lecture years ago focusing on flatworms, the lecturer mentioned possible weight loss post infection. Rather large guy in our year sticks his hand up and asks, "So how much weight do you actually loose?"

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You'd lose a fair bit just having them removed. This badboy must have weighed a few kilos in its prime.

Did you ask when Dan Houston starts pre season with us? And if Simmo will be director of coaching from November or starting in Jan after a break?

Also did you suggest he calls Bailey butcher as a nickname and delist Toby Pink?

Thanks Sphynx. Clarko will be 59 and a half at the end of his contract so it wouldn't be a shock if he pulled the pin. I think I'd be happier if he identified a successor (succession plans can work when the head coach actually wants out).

Take this for whatever you decide it's worth, but I've been told on more than one occasion (by those who would know) that Clarko has very much taken Patch Adams under his wing and he's the clear protégé among the current assistants.

I love the info and don't doubt the authenticity but if you think publishing a private conversation on an internet forum with a bunch of strangers is okay I'm not sure where you're coming from.

All AFL head coaches understand that there's basically no such thing as a 'private conversation'. If you're at any sort of 'event', even if it's an exclusive event, all the media training that people like Clarkson have done will hammer-home to them the fact that they should assume everything they say is 'on the record'.

I understand your passion and I'm not having a go at you Junky. But I reckon you're making this into something it isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked him this specifically.

Silverware is always a goal, but the priority is to "get North competitive before I go off into the sunset"
If in his 5th year we win a final and are heading in the right direction, I can’t see him leaving

If you sat with any of them and spewed out the content of those meetings on an internet forum I'd 💯 feel the same. It's pathetic behaviour. It's extremely bizarre that you think it's okay but it appears you're not alone. Maybe I've surrounded myself with good people in my life or maybe it's country living or not having any corporate involvement but I don't know anyone that would consider that appropriate behaviour. It's a form of snitching and is likely to land you a beatdown in most circles.
WTF is a beatdown? Something that happens in Seppoville?

Public Service Announcement Incoming

Please refrain from eating pork. Let's show compassion for these intelligent and sensitive animals. 🐷

Yes, I’m one of those… 😃🥕 🥦 🍆
People who don't eat pork?

Or people who don't eat meat?

Ive got no problem with Clarko finishing up at the end of his contract, just dont cut corners and put us back to a middle of the road team. To go through all this pain to wind up back at there would be devastating.

If we lack talent then we have to hit the draft more. Leave the place with solid foundations for the next person.

Maybe many are too young to remember, but early 90s was tough but we all knew we had the cattle to become contenders, off the backs of a huge group of younger players coming through together. They didnt need us to dig up some fossils to show them how to train, prepare and succeed.

I'm guessing you play dress ups every day for work? Reckon you might get a bit anxious when you step inside a blue collar pub and I bet you're on your best behaviour. Same as your snitch mate.
I used to work in a blue collar pub where we kept an iron bar with cloth wrapped around one end to keep the crowd under control after beer o'clock on a friday night.

When I lived in the bush some of my neighbours, who still my mates (the ones who are still alive) were serious 1% patched bikers. I lived in a place where the coppers would fly around in choppers stealing next years mortgage payments and where everyone knew what you can or can't talk about. You would have been on your best behaviour there, there's some deep mine shafts and lonely patches of bush.

But everywhere gets gentrified eventually.

And no one ever used the term beatdown after kicking the **** thru someone. LOL. That would earn you a good kicking yourself. Putting a beat down was what the young guys and girls would do to prepare for their bush doofs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back