Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you - as I posted a couple of days ago an announcement IF it was next week was likely to be late in the week. I have heard the whispers of a meeting today/tomorrow. AND as I have continuously said Hood is driving the media narrative hence why NO ONE except Barrett is getting info and why no journo is jumping all over this. I also have separate intel regarding the main meeting Clarkson had with Hood but I’m not going to spill as I don’t want to burn my source. Again the window dressing is mentioned ie assistants etc. as a reason for delay - something I’ve been consistent on. So you can all have your opinions but based on what I have gathered there is actually no decision by the Friday before the last game - there will just be an announcement of Clarkson as coach.The timing of that announcement though may be after round 23 but I have nothing on that. Good morning campaigners and I MAY post if I get more.
Just when I think I'm out.gif

Fair enough S. I know nothing anyway. Just trying to convince myself that it definitely is still happening. The idea that the info is coming out from Sonja herself helps me get through the day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Imo the reason it is going so well is that Sonja is running such a tight ship in terms of leaks etc.

This whole saga is like one massive who-done-it film..

We’ve got media leading us up one path, we’ve got cryptic messages from KIAK34 and TAO and other ITK’s throwing little tidbits with side theories. No wonder we all can’t take our eyes off the screen..

I just hope it has the greatest reveal since..

morgan freeman cinema GIF

Imo the reason it is going so well is that Sonja is running such a tight ship in terms of leaks etc.
Do you get the feeling like I do that she could be the game changer we’ve been screaming out for?

It’s going to take a couple of years for the flow on effect of culture change to set in, but she is so invested in the club because she LOVES the club.

Her performance up to now has been excellent IMO.

Do you get the feeling like I do that she could be the game changer we’ve been screaming out for?

It’s going to take a couple of years for the flow on effect of culture change to set in, but she is so invested in the club because she LOVES the club.

I'm obviously biased, but aye, she's a ripper. Understands what a contemporary footy clubs needs to be better than most. Let's not forget all the bIg cLuBs now copy our Huddle model to get govt funding, and Sonja was in the driving seat there at the get go.

This whole saga is like one massive who-done-it film..

We’ve got media leading us up one path, we’ve got cryptic messages from KIAK34 and TAO and other ITK’s throwing little tidbits with side theories. No wonder we all can’t take our eyes off the screen..

I just hope it has the greatest reveal since..

morgan freeman cinema GIF

1660088557581.png

Plus no one knows the terms of Clarkson current contract with Hawthorn and how limiting that is to any moves or comments he can or can’t make. He’s got a million on the line. I would be careful as well.
Excellent post.
I think with all the excitement, panic, impatience and at being burnt so many time before - alot are forgetting about this. Al is still contracted to the hawks. Who knows what clauses are stipulated within that.

I take comfort in the silence coming from the club (knowing things MUST be proceeding behind the scenes), Al on 360 spruiking us, the betting agency odds, the confidence of Robbo (all along), all the tidbits from the media align to what ITK posters are providing -> that Al will seemingly have his mind made up by rd 23 and also 10 days away (which is just before rd23 game).

Reading the tea leaves - I'm very confident.

All will be done in due time. Be patient and kind to each other.

Relax and enjoy the ride! We all want the same thing.

Go Roos.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Having said that, the garment-rending meltdown and backlash that will ensue on here if Clarko is not confirmed as our coach will be apocalyptic. In Sonja we trust - regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's a very helpful piece of context.
That being the case, there are two questions:

1) Has he made the decision or could it still swing either way (towards GWS, another club or even another year out of the game)
2) If he has made a decision to come to North, but doesn't want it announced yet for contractual or other reasons, could he be deliberately keeping the GWS process going to avoid the leak that it's a done deal?

I get the feeling she’s doing the job because she loves the club and not using the position as a greasy pole/stepping stone, blabbing how good she is..
It’s a bit refreshing.

1) Has he made the decision or could it still swing either way (towards GWS, another club or even another year out of the game)
2) If he has made a decision to come to North, but doesn't want it announced yet for contractual or other reasons, could he be deliberately keeping the GWS process going to avoid the leak that it's a done deal?
The ITK saying he’s told GWS no

And has told us yes

So the delay in announcement is to ensure he gets the right staff

My point is tho even if he doesn’t get the right staff he wants he’s already decided he’s coaching next year so it’s the same result announcing pre staff commit or post

He’s not taking another year off

I'm obviously biased, but aye, she's a ripper. Understands what a contemporary footy clubs needs to be better than most. Let's not forget all the bIg cLuBs now copy our Huddle model to get govt funding, and Sonja was in the driving seat there at the get go.
She has a steeliness/hard edge to her, yet we can also see when she hands out an award to the boys that she loves them like her sons. Her passion for the club is unquestionable.

I can’t wait for her to tear that serpent from Footy Glorified a new one..

I get the feeling she’s doing the job because she loves the club and not using the position as a greasy pole/stepping stone, blabbing how good she is..
It’s a bit refreshing.

I agree that she loves the club and is not using the position as a stepping stone but not so sure why that's refreshing. I don't think we've had a president since Duff about whom you could question their motive for taking on the role. JB and BB's hearts were in the right place in my opinion.

It’s a bit refreshing.
💯 there’s no agenda and subsequent ego to contend with.

Hammer …………..nail………………….head

It’s a bit refreshing.
I agree. I love the fact that she's taking complete ownership of this issue and backing herself in.
It sounds ominous for Amarfio though

Was it reported that Sonja is conducting this process without any input from Amarfio?

That’s interesting if Amarfio has been cut out of the process. You wouldn’t think that bodes well for his future?
Nope - it’s to control the media narrative and has worked so far - Amarfio is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back