Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this isn't the same as your mail that no decision would be made on Noble until the end of the season

Yeah good one.

Just to clarify - Noble's parting was a decision made independent of the board. It was a negotiated exit directly between the Coach and the President.

The board would have kept him on until the end of the season and the conclusion of the reviews.

She has a steeliness/hard edge to her, yet we can also see when she hands out an award to the boys that she loves them like her sons. Her passion for the club is unquestionable.

I can’t wait for her to tear that serpent from Footy Glorified a new one..

My sense is that Sonja will not be tearing anyone a new one unless they directly attack her. The fact that she seems to be welcoming Damian Barrett back into the fold is testament to that, in my view. Sonja is a “uniter”. She recognises that for far too long, the club got bogged down is some sort of adversarial “us against the world” quagmire. That approach has only served to turn people off outside the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was it reported that Sonja is conducting this process without any input from Amarfio?

That’s interesting if Amarfio has been cut out of the process. You wouldn’t think that bodes well for his future?

Don't know if I'd go that far. But also, who knows really.

The ITK saying he’s told GWS no

And has told us yes

So the delay in announcement is to ensure he gets the right staff

My point is tho even if he doesn’t get the right staff he wants he’s already decided he’s coaching next year so it’s the same result announcing pre staff commit or post

He’s not taking another year off
You still don’t get how he operates. Read my posts about it. It’s not rocket surgery 🤣

Nope - it’s to control the media narrative and has worked so far - Amarfio is safe.

The best way to stop leaks is having as few people in possession of info you don't want leaking as possible.

My sense is that Sonja will not be tearing anyone a new one unless they directly attack her. The fact that she seems to be welcoming Damian Barrett back into the fold is testament to that, in my view. Sonja is a “uniter”. She recognises that for far too long, the club got bogged down is some sort of adversarial “us against the world” quagmire. That approach has only served to turn people off outside the club.

Very deliberately cutting Caro out of the biggest story in footy is far more effective than "tearing" her a new anything.

The best way to stop leaks is having as few people in possession of info you don't want leaking as possible.

I think this is why even ITK types are not able to give accurate timeframes. There are only two people who really know and they appear to have made a commitment to each other to STFU and tell no-one.

Yeah good one.

Just to clarify - Noble's parting was a decision made independent of the board. It was a negotiated exit directly between the Coach and the President.

The board would have kept him on until the end of the season and the conclusion of the reviews.
If that's accurate the board at large have shit for brains and Sonja should dispense of them and fly solo.

Yeah and that’s exactly the context I was taking it in (my bad because I didn’t explain it that way) but we all know the serpent will be in attack mode and she will definitely underestimate Sonja’s steeliness and therefore i can see Sonja tying the old maggot up in knots live on tv - which would be magnificent.

The inclusive nature of SH is what is starting to galvanise the club again, you can already see Denis has been back to Arden Street more in the past 12 months than he did the past 20 years.

She’s a beauty.

Not technically true. The best way to stop leaks is to identify a former leaker and have them publically and memorably executed for treason, or some other trumped up charge. Hopefully KIA34 should be safe in this day and age though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it reported that Sonja is conducting this process without any input from Amarfio?

That’s interesting if Amarfio has been cut out of the process. You wouldn’t think that bodes well for his future?
Potentially, but could also mean that he's moving away from football role and will focus exclusively on the financials, membership etc

Not technically true. The best way to stop leaks is to identify a former leaker and have them publically and memorably executed for treason, or some other trumped up charge. Hopefully KIA34 should be safe in this day and age though.

Apparently during Russian military intelligence - GRU - training they show recruits a video of a spy being pushed into an incinerator as a warning of what happens to traitors.

Doesn't stop leaks/people being turned.

Best way to stop leaks is to minimise access to the info to as few points of weakness as possible.

Mr Amarfio was handing out monikered wallets to all participants at the 96 prem reunion.
So one would suggest that is why he hasn't been involved in the negotiations as he's too busy.
So there! You lot of NITK posters.

See I have sources as well Caroline.

Apparently during Russian military intelligence - GRU - training they show recruits a video of a spy being pushed into an incinerator as a warning of what happens to traitors.

Doesn't stop leaks/people being turned.

Best way to stop leaks is to minimise access to the info to as few points of weakness as possible.
The only way three men can keep a secret, if two of them are dead..

Let's read the lay of the land:

Fact: Clarko has had numerous meetings with both us and GWS
Speculation: Clarko has been speaking to a number of assistant coaches to canvass opportunities at the club he coaches at
Conclusion: Clarko absolutely wants to coach next year and not wait for other opportunities that may or may no arise next year

Fact: There are only 2 vacant positions. There is speculation that both Rutten and Hinkley (and to a lesser extent Simmo) may be in trouble. However all are contracted for next season, so even if they were sacked, their salary will be included in the soft cap which makes it almost impossible for them to afford Clarko

Conclusion: He has two options: North or GWS

Fact: Bookies (who generate profits by having their finger on the pulse) have Clarko and Yze as hot favourites at North and GWS respectively. Clarko unbackable favourite at $1.20 no less.

Based on the above, it is an absolute formality that Clarko will be our senior coach next year.

It will take a clusterf%^K of epic proportions for it to play out any other way.

Let's read the lay of the land:

Fact: Clarko has had numerous meetings with both us and GWS
Speculation: Clarko has been speaking to a number of assistant coaches to canvass opportunities at the club he coaches at
Conclusion: Clarko absolutely wants to coach next year and not wait for other opportunities that may or may no arise next year

Fact: There are only 2 vacant positions. There is speculation that both Rutten and Hinkley (and to a lesser extent Simmo) may be in trouble. However all are contracted for next season, so even if they were sacked, their salary will be included in the soft cap which makes it almost impossible for them to afford Clarko

Conclusion: He has two options: North or GWS

Fact: Bookies (who generate profits by having their finger on the pulse) have Clarko and Yze as hot favourites at North and GWS respectively. Clarko unbackable favourite at $1.20 no less.

Based on the above, it is an absolute formality that Clarko will be our senior coach next year.

It will take a clusterf%^K of epic proportions for it to play out any other way.
Correct I think it’s obvious to most that we get clarko

My debate now is that announcing now vs later makes no difference so may as well announce now get things moving, assistants reaching out Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back