All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah weird moves there’s a lot of talent on the roster that is going to be lost in the shuffle and stuck in those mid card spots which was either majority of the fans problem with those in the first place or the talent themselves not happy with how they were used.

Brian Cage should leave, horrible how he’s been used of late and not sure they will much else with him.

Punk better hurry up and move on up as the I came back to see if I can go with the kids stick is wearing off quick. He’s a star attraction probably the second biggest behind Danielson.

Unless a Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins jumped ship AEW will never have as much momentum as they had when Punk and Bryan signed up, strike whilst the Iron is hot like they did with Bryan and The Elite. They could have had Punk move on to Miro / Moxley/ Kingston or the Elite. I know it’s hard with only 4 PPVs but just feel like it’s a missed opportunity to have Punk wrestling up and comers right now rather than go in for the kill with something big early.

The Darby match was great and so much excitement to see his return. Punks always great to watch but could just be me but that excitement isn’t quite there as it is with Danielson given who he’s working with.
Totally agree with this.

I only started watching AEW because of Punk's return as he's my favourite, before that I haven't watched any wrestling in about 5 years prior and while I'm enjoying AEW as a whole the way Punk has been booked since the Darby Allin match has been lacklustre to me.

Show had some fine moments. Some good matches and intriguing storyline development.

However that Lambert/Jericho segment was the biggest mess of a thing I've seen in months.
The horribly fake looking punches and kicks from the MMA fighters.
Jericho's pyro going off for a run in made no sense.
The music playing through the save made zero logical sense. It made it obvious that somehow a 50 year old bloke was going to beat up and run off younger, trained fighters.
Then his mic wouldn't work.

The whole thing absolutely stunk and it took me completely out of the show for a little while.

The botched powerbomb and ending to the hot opener was tough as well. They need to address the Rick Knox thing ASAP. JR is right to bury it on commentary. Just make him the official referee of the Elite so when he allows finishes like that it feels like part of a wider character arc.

Totally agree with this.

I only started watching AEW because of Punk's return as he's my favourite, before that I haven't watched any wrestling in about 5 years prior and while I'm enjoying AEW as a whole the way Punk has been booked since the Darby Allin match has been lacklustre to me.
I mean, he ain't going anywhere.

Isn't it a good long term thing for them to have him take on the younger guys and give them a bit of shine?

Isn't it a good long term thing for them to have him take on the younger guys and give them a bit of shine?

Plenty of time to give them shine a bit later on. Should have struck whilst they had momentum and put him into something big straight up not mid card feuds. They will never have as much momentum as they did a month ago to really push to get up closer to WWE level.

Danielson and The Elite stuff is awesome , Punks stuff whilst having decent matches is a bit meh.

Plenty of time to give them shine a bit later on. Should have struck whilst they had momentum and put him into something big straight up not mid card feuds. They will never have as much momentum as they did a month ago to really push to get up closer to WWE level.

Danielson and The Elite stuff is awesome , Punks stuff whilst having decent matches is a bit meh.
But if the peak is right now for viewers, you'll have people tuning in to watch Punk regardless.

Then later when they go "oh look it's Punk and Danielson vs The Young Bucks", people who have lapsed are more likely to come back to it for that than they are Punk vs Hobbs or Punk vs Daniel Garcia

I can't wait for Hangman to be world champ.

I remember 7 years ago in ROH, he was a young boy for Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer and I knew he'd be something even back then.
I saw someone mention that the Young Bucks thought the same which is why they brought him under their wing in Japan.

Wow, I found that episode to be pretty bad.

Opener was so infuriating. Jungle Boy took a comical amount of offense and barely sold. It looked so fake the way they'd gather to take moves for eachother. I'm at the point of just skipping 6/8 man tags. The rules are meaningless. Also, as someone who's never watched Adam Cole, I can't tell if the Panama Sunrise is a strong move or not, it hasn't caused much damage so far.

The Cody and Arn thing seemed very fake and unAEW like. Have a handheld camera if you're going to roll footage from Cody's front yard.

That was by far Punk's worst segment to date. The fact that nobody suspected Punk for the ladder match tells you that his prestige is wearing off a bit. He needs a stronger feud. I don't see why he can't be feuding with Adam Cole or MJF. Those guys wouldn't be hot shotting a major angle, but would keep the momentum a bit stronger.

The brawl after the TNT title match made no sense at all. It was all completely fake.

Women's title match was the best thing on the show IMO, but the American woman barely sold her head after I thought it had been kicked completely off.

The ladder match was very dumb. OC is just a dumb comedy guy who shouldn't be used in the main event. Tables randomly being set up, Archer just waiting for the next entrant instead of winning the match. Just way too convoluted.

It's good that there's a few storylines going on. There's enough to keep me interested, but they need to stop playing to the crowd and think more about keeping the believability strong.

Opener was so infuriating. Jungle Boy took a comical amount of offense and barely sold. It looked so fake the way they'd gather to take moves for eachother. I'm at the point of just skipping 6/8 man tags. The rules are meaningless. Also, as someone who's never watched Adam Cole, I can't tell if the Panama Sunrise is a strong move or not, it hasn't caused much damage so far.

The Cody and Arn thing seemed very fake and unAEW like. Have a handheld camera if you're going to roll footage from Cody's front yard.

That was by far Punk's worst segment to date. The fact that nobody suspected Punk for the ladder match tells you that his prestige is wearing off a bit. He needs a stronger feud. I don't see why he can't be feuding with Adam Cole or MJF. Those guys wouldn't be hot shotting a major angle, but would keep the momentum a bit stronger.

The brawl after the TNT title match made no sense at all. It was all completely fake.

Women's title match was the best thing on the show IMO, but the American woman barely sold her head after I thought it had been kicked completely off.

The ladder match was very dumb. OC is just a dumb comedy guy who shouldn't be used in the main event. Tables randomly being set up, Archer just waiting for the next entrant instead of winning the match. Just way too convoluted.

It's good that there's a few storylines going on. There's enough to keep me interested, but they need to stop playing to the crowd and think more about keeping the believability strong.

Agree with most especially Punk given the hype of Cole, Danielson and Punk coming in they should have gone large with Punk from the get go after Darby go straight into MJF , Mox or Miro perhaps. Punk is good but Punk vs Hobbs or Garcia doesn't scream you MUST tune in whereas Punk vs MJF or Miro would be a MUST watch. It's no different to Raw or Smackdown in that there is a fair chunk of ordinary stuff that you can walk away from or skip if your not watching live but enough good stuff at the top end to tune in for those matches or segments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem with him going against younger guys and giving them a rub but if they are going to be one off matches with not much build is anyone going to care in 6 months time?

Atleast build a feud with these guys, get us invested in who he's going against.

I agree with your first word…..WOW.

tbs.jpg

thumbs up OR thumbs down?

Love the size and colours, blue is nice. But seriously the TBS logo should be on the straps. It shouldn't be the centerpiece. Look how much empty real estate there is around it, brings the belt down to a 5/10. Also announcing another womens' championship before trios? Not sure about that.

Love the size and colours, blue is nice. But seriously the TBS logo should be on the straps. It shouldn't be the centerpiece. Look how much empty real estate there is around it, brings the belt down to a 5/10. Also announcing another womens' championship before trios? Not sure about that.

The women’s division needs it. Depth is not longer the problem. Their women’s roster is pretty decent but the booking has been sub par. Hopefully we get more women’s matches and storylines on Dynamite and Rampage now.

It looked so fake the way they'd gather to take moves for eachother. I'm at the point of just skipping 6/8 man tags. The rules are meaningless
This is just what I dislike about Bucks' matches in general. Seems so many times in a match their opponents get caught just waiting for their moves. There's all these awkward 'waiting for the spots to happen' moments. Stuff like that happens every now and then in matches; for the Bucks it's incessant because they're trying to do so much. I can appreciate what they do as performers, but if wrestling is to at least try to simulate combat, they are terrible at it. They are the best at bringing down any sort of veil that this is not real but rather performance art. Fine if that's what they want to do I suppose, but I sometimes feel bad for the guys they work with when they get made to look silly, by having to stand in place for a prolonged period of time to take a move or something or needing to be so overt in their cooperation with them to pull off some convoluted spot.

The women’s division needs it. Depth is not longer the problem. Their women’s roster is pretty decent but the booking has been sub par. Hopefully we get more women’s matches and storylines on Dynamite and Rampage now.

I’d like AEW just to do a weekly woman’s show. For the most part, most of their shows only contain 1 or 2 matches. Having a show just dedicated to their women, could elevate them a bit higher than what they currently are.

Big win on Rampage for a bloodied Ricky Starks (That chair spot in the corner looked brutal) retaining the FTW title in the Philly street fight!

Also good to see CM Punk use the Anaconda Vice as a finish.

They also plugged some stuff for next week

Next week on Rampage:
CM Punk vs Matt Sydal
Ruby Soho vs The Bunny
Chris Jericho, Sammy G and Jake Hager vs Ethan Page, Scorpio Sky and Junior Dos Santos.

Next week on Saturday Night Dynamite:
Dante Martin vs Malakai Black
Lucha Bros defending the AAA Tag Titles vs Andrade and ?
Bryan Danielson vs Bobby Fish
World Title Eliminator Tournament Bracket to be announced, with the final to be at Full Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back