Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He 'attacked' them.......really??

An unarmed black man who is jogging down the road, minding his business, is followed and intercepted by two rednecks who deliberately bring a gun to the occasion and confront him with it, yet they become the 'victims' when he reacts for fear of his life being taken, which they did without hesitation?

It was nothing less than a lynching, but if rascism and the slave mentality still exists in the southern USA, then you may be right.......they'll be exonerated and probably lauded for their murder of an innocent black man.

Oddly enough, Georgia doesn't have hate crime laws........

Wasn't that long ago a white australian was shot and murdered whilst jogging over there by some black youths in a car........strangely enough, the outcry and demand for justice on that occasion was screamed from the rooftops.

Two completely different cases. The australian baseballer was shot for the fun of it. They didn’t say a word to him. Just put bullets in him. A truly despicable act. Didn’t matter what races were involved, people would have wanted justice.

This other case is a bit different. They wanted to investigate a series of burglaries, and saw him as a possible suspect. Turns out they were probably right. He’s been seen on video surveilence trespassing onto 11 properties. So yes they chased him. He turned around and confronted them. Which is his right. They pulled guns in defence which is also their right in the good old usa. He ends up getting shot after trying to grab one of the guns.

You can call it what you want, but it wasn’t a lynching or cold blooded murder. Not like the australian baseballer was.

The 2 rednecks might have wanted a fight. And right or wrong, they will be acquitted. The whole thing could have been avoided. And yeah they instigated it. But they will be acquitted. No one is going to praise them for what they did. If anything they will probably become outcasts.

Hate crimes are silly. Surely most murders are committed because they hate the victim? These days they get more hoax hate crimes than real ones. Just ask jussie smollett.

I don’t care for whatever lame ass justification is made. It is either safe or it isn’t.

So in 3 weeks time it will be safe to have a million kids and teachers commuting across the state but somehow not now? We’ve had low transmission for a while and kids don’t transmit. So what science is likely to change in the mean time that makes that travel safe then but not now?

What I’m seeing is sheep mentality of mindlessly agreeing with the doctrine rather than thinking critically. They aren’t following the science and stats at all.

I think it’s more a case of getting things sorted with a smaller initial number of kids, working through their new guidelines, rather than any medical advice. They could admit them all at once if the government gave them the ok.

They aren’t doing it because it’s a safety thing, or because of medical advice. Don’t know how you are making that assumption.

Two completely different cases. The australian baseballer was shot for the fun of it. They didn’t say a word to him. Just put bullets in him. A truly despicable act. Didn’t matter what races were involved, people would have wanted justice.

This other case is a bit different. They wanted to investigate a series of burglaries, and saw him as a possible suspect. Turns out they were probably right. He’s been seen on video surveilence trespassing onto 11 properties. So yes they chased him. He turned around and confronted them. Which is his right. They pulled guns in defence which is also their right in the good old usa. He ends up getting shot after trying to grab one of the guns.

You can call it what you want, but it wasn’t a lynching or cold blooded murder. Not like the australian baseballer was.

The 2 rednecks might have wanted a fight. And right or wrong, they will be acquitted. The whole thing could have been avoided. And yeah they instigated it. But they will be acquitted. No one is going to praise them for what they did. If anything they will probably become outcasts.

Hate crimes are silly. Surely most murders are committed because they hate the victim? These days they get more hoax hate crimes than real ones. Just ask jussie smollett.

There hadn't been a burglary in the neighbourhood for 53 days before the McMichael's suddenly 'recognised' him, went and armed themselves, then chased their man down to play vigilante.

It's a poor excuse for a callous disrespect of a human life.

Discuss the issues if you choose to - leave the Mods out of the discussion.

And the politics board is the other way.

This thread is abou the CV.... lets keep it there huh.

Go Catters

Eddie losing his shit at the SA government.
The same Eddie who was so onboard for people getting fined for driving or standing too close together. He loved it!
But now he has a personal stake? It's tantrum time.

The same Eddie who was so onboard for people getting fined for driving or standing too close together. He loved it!
I did have to chuckle at him sticking it to Roo though, saying he had seen evidence that the SA government was going to allow the SA teams the right the train, and fly in and out to play, until the crows farked up and got busted, and the government changed their tune. Roo was trying to brush it off saying it was all an accident, and it's not the reason blah blah blah. BS it isn't.

Now they are going to have to move into a hub interstate to play. Well done on screwing that up crows.

I did have to chuckle at him sticking it to Roo though, saying he had seen evidence that the SA government was going to allow the SA teams the right the train, and fly in and out to play, until the crows farked up and got busted, and the government changed their tune. Roo was trying to brush it off saying it was all an accident, and it's not the reason blah blah blah. BS it isn't.

Now they are going to have to move into a hub interstate to play. Well done on screwing that up crows.
Yeah I reckon thats why too.

This Indian guy with a turban was just next to me at 7/11 with 2 1$ coffees and goes These will be separate and I will need the receipts and paperwork.
Then he got into a little brand new MX5 on his own.
Was bizarre.

If they move teams into hubs, its hard not to put an asterisk against this years premiership. I could have considered it legitimate if it was a 17 game season. Or if we moved into conferences. But the SA teams playing out of either Vic, NSW or QLD is a bit rich.

The season will be a farce, admittedly. But I simply can't see the disadvantage that will now accumulate for at least part of the season against the Crows and the Power being all that definitive in deciding the destination of this year's premiership. Surely neither of them would have been a real contender, anyway.

Unless perhaps Port could have played at home every week of the season (including all finals).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so then justify based off the same science opening up schools to 4 out 13 year levels?

It is either safe or not safe. It was safe enough to teach kids of those who couldn’t home school. It is now safe to teach prep,1 and VCE. So tell me the science that states the other 9 year groups aren’t safe?

And childcare centres have remained open and no one has said a word. Where were the calls to close them down?

And childcare centres have remained open and no one has said a word. Where were the calls to close them down?

Actually, plenty have spoken out against it, especially child care operators & staff who have felt like glorified babysitters during this period

There's also been centres that have closed because after government decided to make childcare free, as they were suddenly being asked to operate at half their revenue cost

But there's also an underlying need for both childcare centres & schools to assist in looking after the children of essential workers, which is why childcare centres remained open & why government schools actually did open at the start of term 2; so they could assist the children of essential workers or at risk students

Struggle to find a bigger hypocrite in the AFL than him.

Actually, plenty have spoken out against it, especially child care operators & staff who have felt like glorified babysitters during this period

There's also been centres that have closed because after government decided to make childcare free, as they were suddenly being asked to operate at half their revenue cost

But there's also an underlying need for both childcare centres & schools to assist in looking after the children of essential workers, which is why childcare centres remained open & why government schools actually did open at the start of term 2; so they could assist the children of essential workers or at risk students

Don't think the criticism has been anywhere near the level it has regarding schools. But both have a vital role to play, couldn't agree more.

If they move teams into hubs, its hard not to put an asterisk against this years premiership. I could have considered it legitimate if it was a 17 game season. Or if we moved into conferences. But the SA teams playing out of either Vic, NSW or QLD is a bit rich.

That happened the minute a 17 game home and away season was suggested, and set in concrete when 16 minute quarters came next.

Even more disturbing, there are no shortages of presumably functioning adults who agree with both.

I just think we put a strike through the 2020 Premiership and play whatever games we can as elaborate exhibition matches.
Why would you want to win the Flag with a giant asterisk next to it? 16 minute quarters, max 17 games with sometimes as little as a few days between them, running teams out of "hubs" throughout the eastern states....
Nah. I'll pass thanks.

I just think we put a strike through the 2020 Premiership and play whatever games we can as elaborate exhibition matches.
Why would you want to win the Flag with a giant asterisk next to it? 16 minute quarters, max 17 games with sometimes as little as a few days between them, running teams out of "hubs" throughout the eastern states....
Nah. I'll pass thanks.
It's a perfect time to get rid of all our non-performing ankle draggers that have proven they are not up to AFL standard. Selwood took a parting shot when he clearly stated that there were players in our club who do not take the game seriously enough.

Footy, such as it is, will be back on June 11.

THE 2020 AFL season will resume on June 11.

Presidents and CEOs of the 18 clubs were told Friday morning in an online hook-up of the AFL’s resumption plans, including permission to begin non-contact training next Monday.

Sorry when did this happen? Haven't heard this.

This is a direct quote from Selwood on Footy Classified May 6th episode.
We have to understand that everyone is different, I'm one a real self motivator, but not every player is like that too, and we have got a few on our list that for their own good if they want to be a part of footy going forward then they gotta sorta out their professionalism a bit.

Clear as day and what many including me expected - we have too many heel draggers and Scott lets them get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back