List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia is skilled, Partington wasn’t.

I don't recall Partington being a shock selection when we drafted him with the pick we used, is this year's draft so much better than Partington's year that someone tipped to go in the 40s (?) is better than Partington in the 20s(?)?

Or are we just making stuff up?

I don't recall Partington being a shock selection when we drafted him with the pick we used, is this year's draft so much better than Partington's year that someone tipped to go in the 40s (?) is better than Partington in the 20s(?)?

No one on here had talked partington up prior to the draft or expressed interest in us getting him.seemed like a bit of a meh pick at the time

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Think it’s the injury that makes people think Garcia will slide

I strongly believe Garcia would go around where Parto did had he not hurt his knee; perhaps earlier. And I’d say Parto was proven a bit of a reach.

Garcia is skilled, Partington wasn’t.

And is a hard nut. Hence the comparison to Kerr.

In the U18 game against the Vics he took it right up to and held more than his own against the two mids who are now touted as going 1 and 2.

So I can definitely see us seriously consider him if he is there at our first pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recovering from an ACL = sliding 10 to 20 places from where he would likely go if not injured.

It’s a thing to bag Partington once Simmo decided Parto wasn’t a player that deserved a few AFL games to develop his craft ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Partington was seen as a wise selection at the time. He was a balanced midfielder and had performed at the SANFL level in his draft year which is a pretty good indication they will make it. I think Parto was unlucky to be out of contract at the end of 2017 and so was probably a mixture of wrong place wrong time and our midfield development at East Perth was pretty poor.

It’s a thing to bag Partington once Simmo decided Parto wasn’t a player that deserved a few AFL games to develop his craft ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think questioning Parto's skills is 'bagging' him. Merely an observation.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets a second chance this year. Good luck to him if he does.

Partington was seen as a wise selection at the time. He was a balanced midfielder and had performed at the SANFL level in his draft year which is a pretty good indication they will make it. I think Parto was unlucky to be out of contract at the end of 2017 and so was probably a mixture of wrong place wrong time and our midfield development at East Perth was pretty poor.

Partington was definitely unlucky.

As much as we bemoan our midfield depth, which is fair, we tend to forget that we had a strong first string midfield through 2018 (Partingtons final year). Shuey, Yeo, Gaff, Redden, Masten, Hutchings and Sheed were all in front of him - that’s a tough group to break into and when all 7 were available one of sheed or Hutchings sometimes missed out

Factor in that our first choice midfield dodged injury pretty much through 2018 (and 2019) and there weren’t many opportunities for anyone else to break into the side. It took Gaffs brain fart for Sheed to get back into the side

In fact, in 2018 the only other midfielder to get games was Ainsworth with 3 and my hazy recollection was that he was something of a surprise selection ahead of Partington. The games Partington got in 2017 he was played out of position as a half forward, a strategy that was ditched (successfully) in 2018 as we played forwards as forwards and mids as mids

Had he remained on our list in 2019 he still would have struggled to get a game simply because openings were again few and far between

Won’t surprise me at all if another club picks him up and he carves out a respectable career. Good luck to him

Who are the 5-10 players that we might potentially take? Or that this board wants us to take? I realise it’s almost impossible to guess but I though some direction would be helpful before I begin reading up on the draft.

Cheers.

Players with a clean off field record with the ability to evolve into half backs ranked 35 and higher!:(

Ruscoe would be a steal, Cassar, Taylor, Garcia, Rantall would be great, Pasini with our last pick in the main draft if we miss Ruscoe.

The ultimate would be two of Ruscoe, Taylor, Garcia or Rantall. I like the sound of Philps.

Posted earlier

Group 2 - 2nd round (15-35)= O'Neill, Day, Mead, Pickett, Schoenberg, Shute, Taheny, Chirgwin, B.Smith, C.Stephens, Weightman, Bergman, Bianco, Maginness, D.Williams, J.Mahony, Worrell, Georgiades, Rivers, Ruscoe, Sharp.

Group 3 - 3rd + 4th rounds (36-68)= Rosas Jnr, Budarick, Cumberland, Gore, Parks, Finlay, Hilder, Park, Magor, Partington, R.Baldi, Cahill, Clark, Comben, De Koning, Dow, Perez, Rantall, Bryan, Byrnes, Cassar,Jones, Mott, Sharman, Carafa, D'Intinosante, Mellis, Pretty, Stapleton, Garcia, Pasini, Taylor, Prior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back