List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia is skilled, Partington wasn’t.
A bit harsh on Parto.

What I think Garcia adds is being hard at the contest. Games I saw he was pretty balanced in his midfield as tough inside yet was able to get separation and play with his back to the goals. He is also a decent overhead mark so would suit our game style.

Players with a clean off field record with the ability to evolve into half backs ranked 35 and higher!:(

Ruscoe would be a steal, Cassar, Taylor, Garcia, Rantall would be great, Pasini with our last pick in the main draft if we miss Ruscoe.

The ultimate would be two of Ruscoe, Taylor, Garcia or Rantall. I like the sound of Philps.

Posted earlier

Group 2 - 2nd round (15-35)= O'Neill, Day, Mead, Pickett, Schoenberg, Shute, Taheny, Chirgwin, B.Smith, C.Stephens, Weightman, Bergman, Bianco, Maginness, D.Williams, J.Mahony, Worrell, Georgiades, Rivers, Ruscoe, Sharp.

Group 3 - 3rd + 4th rounds (36-68)= Rosas Jnr, Budarick, Cumberland, Gore, Parks, Finlay, Hilder, Park, Magor, Partington, R.Baldi, Cahill, Clark, Comben, De Koning, Dow, Perez, Rantall, Bryan, Byrnes, Cassar,Jones, Mott, Sharman, Carafa, D'Intinosante, Mellis, Pretty, Stapleton, Garcia, Pasini, Taylor, Prior.

Great summary, thank you.

I know the draft is considered even after the first handful of elite talents, is our pick high enough to encompass this even talent or are we picking up kids that are rated below the 2nd tier of talent? I.e. how deep is this 2nd tier of talent?

Great summary, thank you.

I know the draft is considered even after the first handful of elite talents, is our pick high enough to encompass this even talent or are we picking up kids that are rated below the 2nd tier of talent? I.e. how deep is this 2nd tier of talent?

Knightmare has a view that after 30 odd this draft thins out.

Where that view falls down is when you have a top 30 pick in class and ability slide due to either injury or other factors aka Garcia or Taylor.

Also you look back at say KP backs and rucks taken in previous drafts, quite often the 2nd or 3rd best kp back or ruck is taken in the third round or later eg Williams and Barrass. All the top level forwards, mids are taken early, then the top level flankers are next.

So what do we look at our 1st pick? Do we look at the 2nd or 3rd best rated kp back or ruck? Do we look at rated mid with an injury cloud like a Garcia? Or maybe we get lucky with a Taylor sliding due to flight risk and Freo not having a 4th pick until after our 1st.

Knightmare has a view that after 30 odd this draft thins out.

Where that view falls down is when you have a top 30 pick in class and ability slide due to either injury or other factors aka Garcia or Taylor.

Also you look back at say KP backs and rucks taken in previous drafts, quite often the 2nd or 3rd best kp back or ruck is taken in the third round or later eg Williams and Barrass. All the top level forwards, mids are taken early, then the top level flankers are next.

So what do we look at our 1st pick? Do we look at the 2nd or 3rd best rated kp back or ruck? Do we look at rated mid with an injury cloud like a Garcia? Or maybe we get lucky with a Taylor sliding due to flight risk and Freo not having a 4th pick until after our 1st.

Obeanie1 the recruiting team just have the kids on a white board and just go best available.
We have heard O’BRIEN say previously that’s their MO but he did acknowledge that local does come into being a factor when - either equally rated players and latter picks are concerned.

Incidentally I liked your previously posted lists and G 3 36-68 that group still has some very good prospects in it.
You have done a good job there.

Like you mentioned thats the range where we picked up Tommy B and there in all likelihood will be an injured player that slide dramatically. For instance this time last year Perez was being touted as a potential first rounder .... then he popped a knee. IMO he by way of an example would be a risk well worth taking at pick 46.
I remember Witherden sliding further than he should have in his draft year.

Then there is always is the slider , who for reasons unbeknown, tumble down the pecking order come Draft Day.

Several of the players you have in you G 3 list I would be very happy to pick up.

Would love to be able to trade the Geelong third rounder pick from next year that we hold and trade it to someone like Brisbane for this years pick 48 or 52.
I can’t see Brisbane using all there picks this year they currently hold
16, 21, 34, 48,52,55,72.

Points wise the third next year and pick 48 / 52 this year are very close parity wise.

Say if we ended up with 52 and 46.
We could either use the picks , as is and we are done taking our two picks or trade both those picks into the 32 range this year to a team that needs point for Academy kids or NGA / FS picks and use the upgraded pick and our pick 91.

Just my two cents worth.

Obeanie1 the recruiting team just have the kids on a white board and just go best available.
We have heard O’BRIEN say previously that’s their MO but he did acknowledge that local does come into being a factor when - either equally rated players and latter picks are concerned.

Incidentally I liked your previously posted lists and G 3 36-68 that group still has some very good prospects in it.

Like you mentioned thats the range where we picked up Tommy B and there in all likelihood will be an injured player that slide dramatically. For instance this time last year Perez was being touted as a potential first rounder .... then he popped a knee. IMO he by way of an example would be a risk well worth taking at pick 46.

Then there is always is the slider , who for reasons unbeknown, tumble down the pecking order come Draft Day.

Several of the players you have in you G 3 list I would be very happy to pick up.

Would love to be able to trade the Geelong third rounder pick from next year that we hold and trade it to someone like Brisbane for this years pick 48 or 52.
16, 21, 34, 48,52,55,72.

Points wise the third next year and pick 48 / 52 this year are very close parity wise.

We could either use the picks , as is and we are done taking our two picks or trade both those picks into the 32 range this year to a team that needs point for Academy kids or NGA / FS picks and use the upgraded pick and our pick 91.

Just my two cents worth.

Can't get pick 52 since we traded that to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was that Rivers article today. Kid is a massive Eagles fan. Would love to draft him but we won't have the pick low enough.

See you in 2021 kid.:thumbsu:

In two years time its Operation Les Miserables , for Trent Rivers.

download-12.jpg

download-11.jpg

images-5.jpg

Oh and Jeremy Sharp ... who also is an Eagles Tragic.

16, 21, 34, 48,52,55,72.

Just my two cents worth.

I thi k the Lions will use two of 48, 52 and 55 to trade up into the mid 30's and then trade the remaining pick for a future 3rd which we have two of.

What we do with 46 and say 48 ex Lions is interesting.

Thise picks will drop a couple with teams using two picks to pay for bids

So 44 and 46.

Chances are others will trade down before we get the oportunity. Happy to use say 44 and 46 on two sliders.

So Geelong are delisting Oscar Brownless and Abbott but say they will rookie list them if not picked by another club.

Brownless finished 10th in the VFL B&F.

Thoughts on picking him up with pick 91?

Midfielder. 19 and seems to be developing.

Good trade collateral for Clark in a year or two.

Even better if he becomes a gun.:cool::p:D

So Geelong are delisting Oscar Brownless and Abbott but say they will rookie list them if not picked by another club.

Billy Brownless kid ey... Yeah nah.

We should actually consider it just because it's Geelong. They've basically stated (through comments and actions) that anything is fair game with a draftee in their first 2 years of a contract.

The only question is, would the player get a 1 year contract or the mandatory 2-years. I mean, essentially, they are not entering the draft to set their own salary - they are forced to - and he has 1 year at allocated wages left on a contract (which is what Geelong will get if he goes in the RD) - surely any team taking him would just get him for 1-year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back