Andrew Lovett - suspended indefinately

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree.

Makes you wonder if the reason he didn't go to Geelong wasn't money related after all, but more a case of the fact Geelong's leadership group will crack down more on his off-field behaviour.

I feel sorry for Saints supporters, very disappointing giving up a high draft pick for this bloke and he's let them down before he's even played a game. Saints have a strong leadership group, I thought they might've been able to 'fix' Lovett, but I guess they didn't get the chance. As for Lovett he could be facing jail time, may be made an example of.

I think the issues with Andrew may have been apparent before St Kilda drafted him. In fact most people thought that with such a strong leadership group at the club the Saints would be able to sort him out. Clearly this is not the case.
Very frustrating, the guy obviously has some serious issues.

Victoria Police have confirmed that there is no suggestion of improper conduct of any other Saints players, the statement reads.

A piece of good news for the Saints anyway.

And Essendon are still laughing all the way that they got a 1st round draft pick for Lovett.:eek::)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16545917&postcount=91

Replace Carlton with St Kilda & Fev with Luke Ball and we have a winner!

Had to laugh at how many Aints fans were getting stuck into carlton at finally being able to point the word "culture" in another direction and then Karma comes back and bitch slaps 'em. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for Saints supporters, very disappointing giving up a high draft pick for this bloke and he's let them down before he's even played a game. Saints have a strong leadership group, I thought they might've been able to 'fix' Lovett, but I guess they didn't get the chance. As for Lovett he could be facing jail time, may be made an example of.
I feel for them too.

Did Lovett ask to be traded?

Fact is that Lovett has been a bad egg for sometime, with a list of misdemeanour's, but he was allowed to continue on down the same path for far too long.

Unfortunately, he and St Kilda will wear the brunt of this, but he was certainly no angel before he got there, and someone needs to ask why he was allowed to spiral out of control for so long.

Why are pies fans so bitter about the ball deal? You guys won.. you got ball for less than the Saints were asking. Enjoy and move on...

Hopefully the allegations are not true for all involved.

Happy to keep it on topic but not sure if the mod is defining that a bit narrowly.

Recruiting him has been a disaster from Day 1 and Saints fans were warned at the time. Guilty or not guilty, he's still a bad egg either way.

Good work mods... :rolleyes:

Innocent until proven guilty, I say.

You can please some people all of the time etc...

You can please some people all of the time etc...

Note his sarcastic smilie???

Happy for you to clean it up and chuck some reds around for inappropriate Didak/Milne comments but nevertheless its a very legitimate thing to discuss why StKilda recruited him in the first place and how badly they have handled their list this year.

Without being too smarmy, I genuinely would have been interested in him coming to Sydney, because of our record with turning people around. Would have gotten him out of Melbourne.

Terrible news for the Saints though if he get's the boot.

Saints must be pretty pissed.
This is the second thing he has done since in their colours and the season hasnt even started yet.
Also from a Blues perspective...great timing!

Essendon must be over the moon with the trade they got, wasnt it a first rounder???

What a tool and saints...way to go at the trade table....

Lovett....gone.....
Ball.....gone....

What exactly have the saints done to improve their list this off season????

Lyon has got it very wrong....

Had to laugh at how many Aints fans were getting stuck into carlton at finally being able to point the word "culture" in another direction and then Karma comes back and bitch slaps 'em. :p

To be fair to Saints fans, this is one player with problems and not a culture of misbehaviour as such.

You didnt answer the question. I'll reword it for you.

Do you think StKilda always reacted correctly and swiftly in the past when allegations were made about the behaviour of their players? Is they way they've reacted to Lovett's case consistent?

If you are referring to the Milne/Montagna issue,. then yes. The club fully co-operated with the investigation, as they've done today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Lovett - suspended indefinately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back