Review Another One Down, Who’s Next - Freo by 3 Over Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The church in the background at the construction end looked soul less and lifeless and looked like it would have it’s hand out only for money. I think it would be there for the good times in your life but not much use in the bad times. I think it was part of the Darcy Parish.
I thought it looked picturesque. I liked the backdrop, though looks like the new stand will cover it.

What did we think of Treacys game?
I really liked it. His defender is an AA level player (Stewart?) and played really well too but Treacy's tenacity is off the charts and even if he isn't goaling, he's knocking someone over

Goals will come in time, I believe.

Another great win. What I think hasn't been said is the variation in our best each week. For 5 years our bottom 5 players have been woeful with Fyfe, Mundy etc. being consistent. Now it seems a new player each week steps up and we're hard pressed to find non contributors.
Playing great football and loving it!
I'm loving Colyer atm. Was and is still in that said 5 players but he's raised his level and consistency so much, he's a strong contributor now. That 5 are all playing at a higher level.

I really liked it. His defender is an AA level player (Stewart?) and played really well too but Treacy's tenacity is off the charts and even if he isn't goaling, he's knocking someone over

Goals will come in time, I believe.
He contributed on at least 2.

The frederick snap in 3rd
Nods goal in 1st.

I'm not Big on manlove, but at middle age myself this is the only bloke I have ever felt manlove for!
Most selfless player we have had, and a true Leader!
Was completely stitched by only having the Captaincy for 1 year.
The most consistent player ever for the club, and when shit gets real, he is there at the Coalface
I honestly think he should stay for the mid term. 3 more years. I don't see him slowing down. Injury free (and still seemingly quick recovery from the few recent ones).
Still lopes as slow as he's ever done.
Skill set is still sublime.
He's still a strong contributor to winning so why treat him as if he's on the way out.
Play the guys that do that regardless of age.
His possessions are lower but that's on account of the team lifting.
Show him that money!

The best thing is I honestly don't even know if we played that well today? We've just got that much heart, determination and structure. Pressure enormous, and the backline was unreal again.
So true. It's weird, I remember 2015 and all those gamed where we'd storm out of the blocks and just sneak home. This feels very different. We were tough today, not great and beat a tough team. We're playing sustainable footy, and if we kick straight we're going to murder teams.

Logue looked every bit a top 10 pick, Acres was superb, Serong was off but still did the hard yards, Lobb was worth 800k a year, plus a bunch of others. Apparently "Defense wins Championships" TICK

As does depth and a decent bottom 6. We're missing Fyfe, Darcy, Taberner, Young and Chappy. The fact I'm struggling to get them all in suggests we're going ok in both of those departments too. TICK TICK

BOOM? I ****ing hope so. I'm just disappointed we aren't playing the bin chickens next week because I reckon Optus deserves to see a team score 200.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I honestly think he should stay for the mid term. 3 more years. I don't see him slowing down. Injury free (and still seemingly quick recovery from the few recent ones).
Still lopes as slow as he's ever done.
Skill set is still sublime.
He's still a strong contributor to winning so why treat him as if he's on the way out.
Play the guys that do that regardless of age.
His possessions are lower but that's on account of the team lifting.
Show him that money!
There is no way you could even have the conversation with Mundy about retirement, when he is contributing so much and so inspirational to the young guys. I reckon there would be a revolt!

Non threatening. You'd let him take your missus to the movies sort of stuff. Didn't look in any danger of scoring today.
You'd only let my buddy take your missus to the movies because:
A) He's a gentleman, and
B) He'd rupture the spleens of anyone who was less than polite to her.

In short, the perfect chaperone.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If she is doing that I'm bringing a big blanket to wrap her up in so she can strip off, walk from the train to gate and then get dressed again without the gazing eyes

Bless. This is so wholesome
I love some of the Freo Big Footy regulars. They come across as people who would just look out for you

What would Wet Toast bfers do in this sitch? Thows icy drinks at em?
In that case I nominate DanWA to do the streaking for them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Pearce is not getting enough credit for his incredible work as stand-in skipper.

At the start of 2022 - a good percentage of this board would’ve nominated our 5 ish most important players as:
Fyfe
Brayshaw
Darcy
Ryan
Taberner

We just bloody well beat Geelong - in Geelong missing 3 of them.

Fu@k yeah!

I got to finally watch the game.

Wow. Kinda speechless.

What i love is our evenness across our 22. I love our next man up mentality where our structure allows us to replace players who slot in seamlessly.

Massive shout out to the Freo crowd there. You guys were loud as hell!

Arousal curve activated!

I’m still bloody pumped!

We have so much room for growth.
We are just at the beginning thats the great thing.

We have a smell of Richmond 2017 and Melbourne 2021 about us tbh who both shot out the gates at the start unexpectedly. We will probably have a dip mid season somewhere but Top 4 should be the goal now.

We have set ourselves up for a tilt this year. And the champion data analysts have said for 3 weeks now our numbers stack up with Melbourne and are at least preliminary final standard from whats been seen previously.

Just want to get this in “print”.

Did anyone see the Selwood actively look to take out young Tracey when “running back with the flight?” He actively turned at the last second and looked for contact and to take out Josh. Umpire gave a free, (in my mind technically to punish him) to be clear there was no free in it because he didn’t make contact. It was such a dog act , he laid on the ground pretending to be hurt ultimately though him not chasing sealed a goal for us for switta.

….. zero mention on the broadcast.

Did anyone see the Selwood actively look to take out young Tracey when “running back with the flight?” He actively turned at the last second and looked for contact and to take out Josh. Umpire gave a free, (in my mind technically to punish him) to be clear there was no free in it because he didn’t make contact. It was such a dog act , he laid on the ground pretending to be hurt ultimately though him not chasing sealed a goal for us for switta.

I hate Joel Selwood and his faux tough guy antics. He put Pav in a headlock back when we flogged them there a few years ago. He has always been a massive cheating flog. Never liked him. Never even picked him in fantasy footy.

From memory the free kick wasn't against Selwood but for the push by the other Geelong player.

I'm loving Colyer atm. Was and is still in that said 5 players but he's raised his level and consistency so much, he's a strong contributor now. That 5 are all playing at a higher level.

The thing with Colyer is that his stats don’t hit you in eye, but he is damaging with each procession.

Point of note, in the first quarter he stopped a ball on the boundary, pivoted around the ball whilst it was stationary on the ground (his hand on top controlling it), then drilled it into a leading forward. He created this play, whilst he could have easily let the ball roll over the line.

Bottom 6 players are playing well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Another One Down, Who’s Next - Freo by 3 Over Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back