Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think it will be enough to get Dutton out of hiding on a non sitting week?
He might not need to come out of hiding... Albanese was on ABC News radio this morning blaming the Greens for the cluster f*** he has on his hands...

While this move might appease the caucus, it's keeping it the media longer than needed and isn't a great look to those outside of the Canberra chambers.

Slapped with a limp lettuce leaf (just misses some meetings)
Getting suspended indefinitely means she either backs down and says she'll vote with Labor MPs on Palestine in future or she gets expelled. I can't see either side backing down at this point, they'd look weak.

but don't see what she did wrong. We woulf be better off if more pollies crossed the floor on issues their voters want them to.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Labor don't like their MPs having their own brain and values. They want mindless party drones.

Getting suspended indefinitely means she either backs down and says she'll vote with Labor MPs on Palestine in future or she gets expelled. I can't see either side backing down at this point, they'd look weak.

Labor don't like their MPs having their own brain and values. They want mindless party drones.

They all do.
Its not party politics if they all vote on issues based on what they individually think.

You know full well that the Coalition (and Greens for that matter) permit crossing the floor without the threat of disendorsement. Labor does not. That's the difference.

Are you able to provide an example of a Greens Party MP crossing the floor without further consequence? I am asking out of genuine ignorance: I can't remember one.

Are you able to provide an example of a Greens Party MP crossing the floor without further consequence? I am asking out of genuine ignorance: I can't remember one.
As of April 2019 it hadn't occurred, and I can't think of an example in recent history for the Greens, so I'd say the answer is no.

I can't remember one either, but I've never heard of a rule existing within the party that is similar to the Labor one. I've certainly seen Greens representatives quit the party over internal disagreements, like Lidia Thorpe and Justin Field, but they didn't formally cross the floor and they weren't expelled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember one either, but I've never heard of a rule existing within the party that is similar to the Labor one. I've certainly seen Greens representatives quit the party over internal disagreements, like Lidia Thorpe and Justin Field, but they didn't formally cross the floor and they weren't expelled.

I'm not sure if the Greens Party rules are even publicly available. I would suggest that based on exposed information they look upon crossing the floor very dimly indeed.

precisely. party solidarity has its place but so do peeps who have deeply held personal views. albo is likely to lose a good person with solid values.

Opposing genocide gets you suspended at the ALP

Great look dickheads
There is the small matter that opposing the Israel Lobby is political suicide.

It is all good and well to attack Labor for not taking a harder stance, but that ignores Dutton falling into line immediately behind the Israel Lobby "yes sir, no sir" style completely in opposition to stated Australian Policy.

Again this all comes back to a completely biased and non-functional media. When the media is nothing more than the communications arm of one side of politics and will not even support stated Australian Policy then what chance does Labor have to swim against the tide.

And on top of that this whole thing is nothing more than a Greens stunt that can only benefit the Liberals. How can anyone take The Greens seriously when they are playing the exact same stupid political games the big two play.

Democracy in Australia is a joke.

There is the small matter that opposing the Israel Lobby is political suicide.

It is all good and well to attack Labor for not taking a harder stance, but that ignores Dutton falling into line immediately behind the Israel Lobby "yes sir, no sir" style completely in opposition to stated Australian Policy.

Again this all comes back to a completely biased and non-functional media. When the media is nothing more than the communications arm of one side of politics and will not even support stated Australian Policy then what chance does Labor have to swim against the tide.

And on top of that this whole thing is nothing more than a Greens stunt that can only benefit the Liberals. How can anyone take The Greens seriously when they are playing the exact same stupid political games the big two play.

Democracy in Australia is a joke.
Labors own policy says they support a two state solution

the fact they are censoring a senator for acknowledging the state of Palestine is all you need to know

attempting to put this mess at the feet of the greens is good for labor but not for democracy

Labors own policy says they support a two state solution

the fact they are censoring a senator for acknowledging the state of Palestine is all you need to know

attempting to put this mess at the feet of the greens is good for labor but not for democracy
And there are currently 3 jewish Labor members in federal parliament - what happens when they cross the floor?

Other than Newscorp having a field day?

And there are currently 3 jewish Labor members in federal parliament - what happens when they cross the floor?

Other than Newscorp having a field day?
that's not my problem that's labor's problem

Well the cost of that problem is a Dutton government.
you've mistaken me for someone that argument works on

if the cost of criticsing labor for doing what the coalition is doing is the coalition I don't see that as democracy or even a problem

people don't say that the other way, that criticisng the coalition will lead to a labor government

why would I give a shit

Labor are refusing to enact their own national platform and are punishing a senator that voted based on it

and you think the problem is we might get Dutton?

lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back