Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

She was always going and now she is gone. Once she started talking to “preference whisperers” it is pretty clear she is miles outside the tent.

Disunity is death.
Didn't that happen after the ALP started coming down on her? Silencing people doesn't promote unity.

She was always going and now she is gone. Once she started talking to “preference whisperers” it is pretty clear she is miles outside the tent.

Disunity is death.

Muslim crosses the floor - disunity death, how can the greens do this?

Israel kills an Australian aid worker - waves finger, writes a letter, reaffirms friendship.

Seems a bit weird hey.

It's weird how people want politicians to follow the rules when it suits their brand of politics and disobey rules when it suits their brand of politics. It's almost like people have no objective standards!
It's almost like people have a brand of politics that they want enacted. Crazy.

It's weird how people want politicians to follow the rules when it suits their brand of politics and disobey rules when it suits their brand of politics. It's almost like people have no objective standards!
People want politicians to act with transparency as it is the only way to make an informed decision of their intentions. Voting with your conscience instead of along party lines should be applauded not reprimanded regardless of whether it aligns with your beliefs or not.

I suppose the same people as countries like Spain, Norway, Ireland and Sweden do.

From Wikipedia.
Bare in mind, that Australia do recognize and communicate with the Palestinian Authority.
Widely considered an authoritarian regime, the Palestinian Authority has not held elections in over 15 years. It has been criticized for human rights abuses, including cracking down on journalists, human rights activists, and dissent against its rule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is that ‘investigation’ going that Israel promised? Or the other 3 dozen ‘investigations’ they promised when innocent bodies have been piling up?
When they shot that US reporter in the head a few years ago and denied, denied, denied, despite it being on tape.

WHen they admitted one of their troops just shot her in the head, they decided not to prosecute because it would be embarrassing.

So, regardless of the investigation, the outcome is pre-determined. It's a farce.

Albanese's own goal on this is looking even more stupid following statements from Sir Keir Starmer that make it likely to me that the UK will recognise the state of Palestine in the short term.

For the sake of kow-towing to US and Israeli foreign policy, Albanese has abandoned the party platform they took to the election, tossed out a Senator who stuck to the election platform (and conscience) and now will be the last western nation besides US and Germany to recognise Palestine as a state. Which he will eventually have to do, or he'll lose even more Senators at the next election, if he manages to remain PM (he won't lose lower-house seats over this).

You can tell how much the ALP have stuffed this up by how much they're attacking the victim and denying that they stuffed it up. They wouldn't need to go scorched earth if they thought everyone would already understand their position.

People want politicians to act with transparency as it is the only way to make an informed decision of their intentions. Voting with your conscience instead of along party lines should be applauded not reprimanded regardless of whether it aligns with your beliefs or not.
Would applaud a religious politician for following their conscience and voting against LGBT rights?

And people wonder why politicians don't keep promises. I would have thought honesty is a virtue for most.
I appreciate honesty, it's just a secondary consideration to policy/actions.

Like if a party went in with a bad platform/position, but then changed their positions and did something good, I'd applaud it (e.g. stage 3 tax cuts). They shouldn't have had a bad platform/position though and I would be skeptical for future actions.

If the party stuck to their bad positions, I'm giving them no applause. Why would I admire anything about a party that intends to do bad and then does. I might understand if it's part of a long game, but I'm not going to applaud it.

If a party has a good platform and sticks to it consistently, well that's pretty much unheard of (at least any that have been in power), so I'll let you know how I react when it happens.

Would applaud a religious politician for following their conscience and voting against LGBT rights?
I wouldn't applaud their ideology but would be happy that they were being truthful to themselves. That way I'd know to make sure not to vote for them.

I appreciate honesty, it's just a secondary consideration to policy/actions.

Like if a party went in with a bad platform/position, but then changed their positions and did something good, I'd applaud it (e.g. stage 3 tax cuts). They shouldn't have had a bad platform/position though and I would be skeptical for future actions.

If the party stuck to their bad positions, I'm giving them no applause. Why would I admire anything about a party that intends to do bad and then does. I might understand if it's part of a long game, but I'm not going to applaud it.

If a party has a good platform and sticks to it consistently, well that's pretty much unheard of (at least any that have been in power), so I'll let you know how I react when it happens.
Stage 3 tax cuts arent bad. Labour is the most taxed component of wealth in society by a mile and getting worse due to inflation. And it hurts the youth more then the old as youth only earn income from labour. A good policy would of been wealth taxes, removing capital gains discount, taxiing inheritance, taxing capital gains on owner occupied homes in exchange for more governments services, higher social welfare and even greater labour income tax cuts.

Only When the majority of people realise they are worse off after every tax cut things will change. Tax cuts equal increased corporate profits and banks.
And reduced services …

Only When the majority of people realise they are worse off after every tax cut things will change. Tax cuts equal increased corporate profits and banks.
And reduced services …
Tax cuts for workers don't equal increased corporate profits

The honesty argument is such bullshit

Payman was elected in 2022, the party platform is to recognise Palestine as a state and we're expected to buy the idea that she lied and waited 2 years for the greens to give her an opportunity to go against the party?

Tax cuts for workers don't equal increased corporate profits
Where do you think the average workers money ends up?
We pay less % tax now than 30 years ago … yet disposable income has decreased… we are no better off paying less tax..

Tax cuts ends up in the hands of bankers and corporations …
It’s a transfer of wealth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back