Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Labor just got smashed in the NT election.
Not sure how much relevance there is given the NT govt deservedly got booted for many local failures like corruption, waste, crime, economic failure etc

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Federal Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price says Prime Minister Anthony Albanese's actions have played a role in tonight's NT election result.
"She would say that, wouldn't she."

Did they what!

Federal Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price says Prime Minister Anthony Albanese's actions have played a role in tonight's NT election result.

"Off the back of the Voice, I think now that the Northern Territory has delivered a Country Liberal Party government, I think the Coalition, we can be quite confident going toward the next federal election," she told Sky News.

"We've certainly been listening to Australians and we'll know what to deliver for Australians going forward into the next election."

Lmao. NT is like a small city council election. Population is on par with Ipswich City Council area.

NT population - 250,000
Ipswich population - 250,000
Brisbane City Council population - 1,320,000

Lmao. NT is like a small city council election. Population is on par with Ipswich City Council area.

NT population - 250,000
And where racially related crime concerns in a town with a population of just 25,000 can turn the political focus of the election on its head. With an easy but unscrupulous link to be made with that violence and the Voice referendum.

And political concerns trumping environmental concerns when it comes to a single project - like rice growing. Which will be of long term detriment to the NT and Australia generally.

With BOTH sides going far right to capture votes. Which played perfectly into the hands of the political party/candidates which owns the right wing political heartland. And devastating for the minority Indigenous population of NT.

This predicted by some...

And where racially related crime concerns in a town with a population of just 25,000 can turn the political focus of the election on its head. With an easy but unscrupulous link to be made with that violence and the Voice referendum.

And political concerns trumping environmental concerns when it comes to a single project - like rice growing. Which will be of long term detriment to the NT and Australia generally.

With BOTH sides going far right to capture votes. Which played perfectly into the hands of the political party/candidates which owns the right wing political heartland. And devastating for the minority Indigenous population of NT.

This predicted by some...

you would have hoped our "leaders" would have learnt from the damage foreign rice and cotton farms have done to the Murray Darling but it just shows foreign investment (and junkets/donations that go with them) trumps common sense every time.

Keating warns on Labor’s $3m super tax​

John Kehoe, Phillip Coorey and Hannah Wootton
Aug 24, 2024 – 5.00am
Save
Gift this article
Former prime minister Paul Keating has warned Labor’s plan to double the tax on retirement savings over $3 million could turn superannuation into a low- and middle-income pension scheme and damage community confidence in the $3.9 trillion savings system he created.
In private talks over the past month, Mr Keating has told industry super executives and union leaders that the government’s refusal to index the $3 million threshold to increases in inflation is “unconscionable”, according to people familiar with the discussions who spoke on the condition of anonymity​

It is a great day......NT is the start, and will be followed by Queensland momentarily. Then hopefully the federal government, followed by Victoria.

That will be getting rid of the real rot in the country.

Being a Sydneysider, I must admit that despite the infrastructure slowdown, this Labor government is much different to those in Queensland and Vic. They appear to be trying to do what is best for the state rather than what is best for the Labor party. They also appear honest, a refreshing approach in comparison to the Victorian government. Minns also doesn't have a union background, which is a breath of fresh air.

The first domino to fall. I expect many more to follow in the coming 18 months, including the big one of dopey Albo.

Agree that Minns is the ALP's best asset by the length of the Randwick straight. He is literally the only leftist polly with a shred of credibility and integrity.

My nephews who needs his OTs gets his funding gutted every year, went down by 50% last year and the plan expired 4 months ago and they still haven’t had their plan review and set a new one for this year.
Perhaps they should have used the tens of millions of taxpayer dollars they have spent on political adds (tax cuts etc) for the last four months (and still going) to fix NDIS.

Did they what!

"Off the back of the Voice, I think now that the Northern Territory has delivered a Country Liberal Party government, I think the Coalition, we can be quite confident going toward the next federal election," she told Sky News.

"We've certainly been listening to Australians and we'll know what to deliver for Australians going forward into the next election."

They link the voice to everything. Putting their hands up for the first Dutton nuke plants in NT I guess?

Last edited:
The first domino to fall. I expect many more to follow in the coming 18 months, including the big one of dopey Albo.

Agree that Minns is the ALP's best asset by the length of the Randwick straight. He is literally the only leftist polly with a shred of credibility and integrity.

Cred and integrity has been a low bar for a few years now

NT population - 250,000

You can LMAO all you want, the ALP just got royally thumped and their leader just lost their seat with a swing against her of 21%. An absolute pasting!

Make no mistake....that is something which will make virtue-signalling wokesters in the federal ALP shake in fear. Starting with the chief wokester himself - Albo!

Granted, the NT might be a small sample.size compared to NSW or VIC, but it would be foolish to ignore the monumental scale of defeat.

As Richo says - "sooner or later, the mob will always work you out". And the ALP have well and truly been worked out by Mr and Mrs Taxpayer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can LMAO all you want, the ALP just got royally thumped and their leader just lost their seat with a swing against her of 21%. An absolute pasting!

Make no mistake....that is something which will make virtue-signalling wokesters in the federal ALP shake in fear. Starting with the chief wokester himself - Albo!

Granted, the NT might be a small sample.size compared to NSW or VIC, but it would be foolish to ignore the monumental scale of defeat.

As Richo says - "sooner or later, the mob will always work you out". And the ALP have well and truly been worked out by Mr and Mrs Taxpayer.

I think we've found Rowan Dean’s BigFooty account.

A domino can only fall if it was upright.

And if 8 of 9 dominoes were upright, some are going to fall at some point.

Or are you new to Australian politics?

Queensland will "fall", but good luck in the ACT, WA and SA.

Last edited:
I caught up with the Four Corners episode on Senator Payman over the weekend. I respected her beforehand, and that position was only enhanced. What a wonderfully principled woman she is! Interesting to see some from the ALP decline the opportunity to say their piece... Thought not overly surprising. Anne Aly did her best but came across as very unconvincing indeed, toeing the party line that you can achieve more change from within.

The government can count themselves lucky that this happened more than a year out from the election. Had this have flared up in the months leading up to the poll it could have been a much trickier item to navigate.

If the Labor Party are serious about being seen as progressive then they need to amend their rules to give people like Senator Payman the ability to stick to their guns without the risk of being run out of the party. I will be keeping a very close eye on the Western Sydney numbers when we get to election night.

So the first thing the CLP plan to do is chuck 10 year olds in prison?
Yep and Labor tried the same thing to win

They went right thinking they'd win the CLP voters instead of losing everyone else

Absolutely dog shit from both majors

Just racist lock up black kids bullshit and the fact the electorate voted for that in such large numbers....

You do realise that with super... You end up with more than you started with...
Super is your wages locked away for others to make money off for decades

It's an excuse to weaken the pension and it's as usual welfare for the rich where they get massive tax concessions

The tax concessions are set to cost more than the pension even though it was sold as "we can't afford to pay the pensions of a growing population"

It's dog shit neoliberal policy, has been for ever and continues to get worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back